Notices

The new Official Dynoflash Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Dynoflash discussion thread

To centralize and organize many of the people who want to post about getting DynoFlash, this thread is for you.

Rules are simple.
This is the place to discuss your DynoFlash experience, results, whatever.
This is not the place to come to start trouble, troll, say my tuner is better or anything of the like.
Anyone that does troll in here will be warned by default.
This thread will be a sticky at the top of the forum.
This thread will not be a problem for the mods.
To make it real simple, if you like to harass Al or don't like the DynoFlash for some reason or another, then don't even bother reading the thread.
It's that simple.

And finally, this thread is in My Forum so please try to remember the rules regarding informative posts. Often times, threads are drowned in " nice dyno". It's nice to give props to someone, it just gets overbearing sometimes. This thread will eventually become quite large, given the current amount of customers DynoFlash has. Let's just try to keep clean and tidy.

Last edited by Ninosautoacc; Feb 3, 2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Dynoflash discussion thread

Originally posted by Ninosautoacc
To centralize and organize many of the people who want to post about getting DynoFlash, this thread is for you.

Rules are simple.
This is the place to discuss your DynoFlash experience, results, whatever.
This is not the place to come to start trouble, troll, say my tuner is better or anything of the like.
Anyone that does troll in here will be warned by default.
This thread will be a sticky at the top of the forum.
This thread will not be a problem for the mods.
To make it real simple, if you like to harass Al or don't like the DynoFlash for some reason or another, then don't even bother reading the thread.
It's that simple.

And finally, this thread is in My Forum so please try to remember the rules regarding informative posts. Often times, threads are drowned in " nice dyno". It's nice to give props to someone, it just gets overbearing sometimes. This thread will eventually become quite large, given the current amount of customers DynoFlash has. Let's just try to keep clean and tidy.
There is a god ! My prayers are answered !!!!! Finally fairness and open discussion !

Not only does Nino answer his phone 24/7 anytime I nedd to talk to him and not only does he sell my stuff cheaper than me - now he pulls this out of his hat !!!!!!!!!!!!

Nino is the people's vendor for sure !!!!!!!

Go NINO
Old Feb 3, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Very exciting, I'll be sending the ECU out to Al tomoro morning. I'll post again for the update after the mail-in flash +BR filter+91 Oct gas
Old Feb 3, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Same here, ECU goes out in the morning and I will be testing the results on Sunday at Buttonwillow! Bone stock with 91 octane.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolving Member

So the question is what does one have for options with Al's dynoflash, lets say I want to have a HKS RS filter and exhaust with 93 octane. Is there a program available that he can put on my car for somethign that specific. Also what if I wanna run the Works P2, is that worth it. Does the Flash have any kind of boost control built in it? Just trying to figure out what kind of options this thign give me.
-James
Old Feb 5, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 2literturbos
So the question is what does one have for options with Al's dynoflash, lets say I want to have a HKS RS filter and exhaust with 93 octane. Is there a program available that he can put on my car for somethign that specific. Also what if I wanna run the Works P2, is that worth it. Does the Flash have any kind of boost control built in it? Just trying to figure out what kind of options this thign give me.
-James
Yes - I have a flash just for your mods - perfect set up!

Also we have boost taper elimination !
Old Feb 6, 2004, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Got my ECU in tonight and took it for a spin. I don't know if it takes a little while to learn but I got a little detonation in 1st gear right when the boost kicks in.

Hopefully this will be gone by sunday at the track, so far the power feels nice up top, definately a little change felt so far.. but with only 1 mile on the testing I have a little bit more to test
Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Let me know how it goes.
Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:35 PM
In Timeout

i loved the dynoflash!!!!!
Old Feb 7, 2004, 11:33 AM

I missed this weeks special on the reflash, whats up for this week I have a EVO thats needs more,thinking about MBC,what intake seens to work the best,I have the full Buschur exshust no cat with 3" downpipe.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

So where is the information regarding the removal of the ECU? BTW, the Turbo XS exhaust is very nice, and surprisingly quiet and tame.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Dynoflash is the badass guys. I didnt really believe it until I get to see it with my own eyes . It is well worth the money and one of the best mods you can get. Al is cool as hell, and he spent 4 hours working on an EVO last night. He came straight from the airport, check-in with the hotel, and went straight to tuning. That is one hard working man, and I respect all hard working people. Peace....
Old Feb 7, 2004, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Al is definitely serious and dedicated to what he does. Having had the chance to meet him I can attest to this, also I like the fact that since his business model is on a smaller scale then that of the big West Coast tuners hes far more accomadating of his customers.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

I have a question for Al, in past posts regarding his Stage Rev through the mail flash hes alluded to the tune being similar to that of a JDM EVO 7 which is tuned for 98 RON or 93 octane in the US. My question is in what ways are the maps similar/dissimilar. What is peak boost on an EVO 7, is there a taper function similar to that in the USDM EVO ecu, are the timing curves and A/F ratios at load points similar between Mitsu's JDM tune and your own Stage Rev? Thanks.
Old Feb 7, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Al-

I really need a custom tune; but you're too far away.
BTW, do you tune cars on a 2WD dyno?