Notices

The weather forecast calls for...

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2004, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The weather forecast calls for...

...hordes and hordes of Cicadas to basically overtake the area which I live and drive in... with this in mind... I was wondering if you could get ahold of something as non-performance as a non-invasive nose-mask/car-bra and how much it would run, since I'm not thrilled with the thought of 2 inch long bugs with hard shells bouncing off my car's nose all summer.

Thanks!
Old May 12, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

I picked up the Mitsu bra for the very same reason (~$140 I think). We are to have BILLIONS of the bugs in our area - literally - any day now.
Old May 12, 2004, 08:14 PM

Any chance I could get a pic to see how it looks?
Old May 12, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I heard they are already showing up in spots around Maryland!!!!!!! I will be driving very very slowly this summer
Old May 12, 2004, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Curious to see how that bra fits as well Greg, since I'm in the same boat. Nothing like hundreds of millions of flying rocks bouncing off my already chipped hood
Old May 13, 2004, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Pic

It looks like ***, but if it keeps me from having to replace the front bumper and hood it's worth it. Chris, you don't drive your car enough to have rock chips, wtf are you talking about!
Old May 13, 2004, 12:07 PM

That's part of why I posted it here: To find out if there are other alternatices to Mitsu OEM, and if there isn't and the price is similar, I'd rather buy from Nino than fork more of my dough over to Mitsu directly.
Old May 13, 2004, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by 992gnt
Pic

It looks like ***, but if it keeps me from having to replace the front bumper and hood it's worth it. Chris, you don't drive your car enough to have rock chips, wtf are you talking about!
Tell me about it. Only 4000 miles in a year and I have at least three very deep chips in the hood; all of them are down to the metal. Thats not even counting the smaller ones.

One of the chips on my rear driverside behind the door has a spot of rust on it, so I wonder if I can get mitsu to fill in the chips under their 'no rust' warranty. I'm afraid the hood chips are gonna follow the same path

The bra doesn't look too bad considering its saving your front end from getting sandblasted.
Old May 13, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

I had my entire hood repainted... To many chips... I had rock damage form the highway... turned it into insurane and only had to pay the $100 deductable. I am thinking of the bra as well. Apparently we are going to get hit hard...

-Doug
Old May 13, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Chris, take you car up to Wyler, they will take care of the chips behind the door. Steve already told me he would take care of mine, I just haven't had time to take it in.
Old May 13, 2004, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

thank god FL isnt effected
Old May 13, 2004, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

Yea Steve's a pretty good guy (if I'm thinking of the right person), he agreed to fix and fill the hole they drilled in my front bumper for the not-needed front license plate mount. I haven't had time to take it up either so its my fault for the delay. Maybe I can ask him to fill in the chips while he fixes the bumper.

Biggest problem is my girlfriend has an Eclipse that she's had in and out of their service center like literally 16 times for various problems, some of which they still can't fix. I dropped her off a few times, so I'm afraid he associates me with her problematic/complaining history (damn girlfriends ruining my good dealership relationship )

Last edited by StreetPowerEvo; May 13, 2004 at 10:44 PM.