Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Car jacking more rampant...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car jacking more rampant...

with this economy.... take care of your evo's.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...g.3bb0e4b.html

Dallas police investigate another carjacking near M streets

08:43 AM CDT on Thursday, April 9, 2009
By STEVE THOMPSON / The Dallas Morning News
stevethompson@dallasnews.com

Police are investigating whether a daylight carjacking in which a man drove away with two children is related to a handful of other northeast Dallas incidents in which women were attacked near their cars.

The latest incident occurred about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday along the M streets as a 35-year-old woman backed her SUV into an alley from her driveway along the 6300 block of Martel Avenue. Two children, ages 7 and 9, were inside, Dallas police said.

A man approached and pointed what was later found to be a fake handgun at her, demanding the 2005 green Ford Expedition, police said. He entered the SUV and began to drive away with the two children.

The woman jumped back into the SUV and struggled with the man as he drove through the alley, police said. The man fought her off and drove away with the children. He soon stopped and released one child.

After driving another block, he forced out the other child and then fled south on Norris Street, police said.

Since February, five women ranging in age from 26 to 87 have reported being robbed by an armed man while in or near their cars. In all but one case, the man demanded the woman's purse and car keys, then fled in the car.

The attacks have occurred along Mockingbird Lane, roughly from Central Expressway to Abrams Road. Four of the five were in daylight.

None of the women reported being injured.

Police recovered three of the vehicles in South Oak Cliff. Two had been stripped, according to police reports.

The suspect in those cases has been described as a black man between 5-foot-8 and 6 feet tall, weighing 160 to 180 pounds. He was believed to be 35 to 45 years old, with missing teeth or gaps in his teeth.

The suspect in Wednesday's case was described as a black man about 50, 6 foot 2 and thin. He had a graying beard and wore an orange or yellow reflective work vest over a bulky dark blue sweatshirt. He was seen walking around in the area near the woman's home earlier Wednesday morning and afternoon, police say.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Dallas police robbery unit
Old Apr 9, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a BUNCH of hondas have been getting stolen lately..
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:46 PM

this is why i pack a springfield xdm .40 cal... been jacked once and i promise it wont happen again.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

My wife was assulted at a stop light yesterday in North Plano. Preston & Spring Creek. Some White Male older age she says, was driving an Infiniti G35 Black color. He proceeded to tailgate her coming up the Dallas north Tollway, Then followed her onto Spring Creek. At the Stop Light for Preston, he then gets out of his car comes up to the driver side window (she was driving my grey Evo) and shouts and bangs on the window. She called 911 and gave them full description of him the car he was driving as well as his plate #. He also left some nice finger prints which my PI friend lifted for me and is running them.

Side note: We now have 2 Kimbers in the family so next time he will get a nice 45 greeting Texas style.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
holy crap!
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106
My wife was assulted at a stop light yesterday in North Plano. Preston & Spring Creek. Some White Male older age she says, was driving an Infiniti G35 Black color. He proceeded to tailgate her coming up the Dallas north Tollway, Then followed her onto Spring Creek. At the Stop Light for Preston, he then gets out of his car comes up to the driver side window (she was driving my grey Evo) and shouts and bangs on the window. She called 911 and gave them full description of him the car he was driving as well as his plate #. He also left some nice finger prints which my PI friend lifted for me and is running them.

Side note: We now have 2 Kimbers in the family so next time he will get a nice 45 greeting Texas style.
im from plano too sorry to hear that. that guy might be high on drugs.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:55 PM
Evolving Member

i had a guy intentionally rear end me and start punching my window on division because i was driving too slow, looking for the lot where my uncle needed to be picked up from. my uncle was in the parking lot which is where i stopped and he proceeded to hit me, and my uncle is not somebody you want to see pissed off...LOL the 23 yr old ran to his truck, and drove off, i followed at a good distance, and called the police. holy crap i thought he was going to bust my window! scared me too. turned out the kid had 5 warrants for assault and 3 for possesion(police didnt say what of)
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

wow...just when you keep believing things like that won't happen to you, the reality sets in. i only make sure my wife has pepper spray...but i'm reconsidering something more defensive now.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tnt1106

just update us what happen to that guy because he might be behind me one time.