Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

COBB Plano Evo Dyno Day FEELER

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009 | 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

i asked if it was a 35R?

wher in denton do you live? you goto school up here or what?
Old Sep 17, 2009 | 03:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
i asked if it was a 35R?

No no just saying.

I live off of Swisher road in Denton. No, but I have four boys in school does that count. I am way past my college days.
Old Sep 17, 2009 | 05:52 AM
Former Sponsor

the other andrew asked. andrew planoevo it sounded like on the video. justin said yeah, 35r which was wrong
Old Sep 17, 2009 | 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
i asked if it was a 35R?

It was me as I was standing next to justin....how many andrews do we have in ntec anyway....growing up i was the only one i knew guess i started a trend freakin copycats
Old Sep 17, 2009 | 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by KevinD
the other andrew asked. andrew planoevo it sounded like on the video. justin said yeah, 35r which was wrong
Was a 30r sorry.
Old Sep 18, 2009 | 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

First thanks to Cobb for hosting the GTG, was a lot of fun to see everyone again and meet some new faces!

Well ya'll are both right, A FP3065 is a Garrett GT3040 CHRA, aka GT3082. That means it is the same compressor section as a 35R but the smaller turbine wheel of a GT30R. We have used this CHRA for years since it offers a good advantage on our AWD cars, especially in apps where boost isnt going to always be 35psi or higher since you gain the rapid spool and retain most (90ish percent) of the performance of a 35R at 35psi.

Additionally our car was running the new FP Black Model turbo at the dyno event, but I didnt shoot any video of it or copy the dyno graph. Does anyone have it or a link?

BOOSTON!

Robert
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ForcedPerformance
First thanks to Cobb for hosting the GTG, was a lot of fun to see everyone again and meet some new faces!

Additionally our car was running the new FP Black Model turbo at the dyno event, but I didnt shoot any video of it or copy the dyno graph. Does anyone have it or a link?
BOOSTON!
Robert
glad ya'll came out...why not more often??
I know a lot of us hung around in anticipation of the last car on the dyno...
but with only one run, i don't think anyone wanted to watch it thru their viewfinder!!!
i hope someone shot something!!
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Just got the EVO8 dyno'd at COBB today just for ****s and giggles. I wanted to see exactly how far off the Mustang was from the Dynojet. To my surprise, they are VERY close. My numbers came within 1%whp (345whp) and 3%wtq (342wtq) from the Dynojet (350/353). So most of the numbers you guys are seeing is more of a dynojet number.

Old Sep 19, 2009 | 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

So if t reads like a dynojet then there is something up with my tune or my car
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nikkadanny
So if t reads like a dynojet then there is something up with my tune or my car
Why?
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

OK, here's my take...

Justin put down numbers within the margin of error on this dyno compared to about a year ago on Steve's Mustang dyno (I think he was down 5 whp vs Steve).

My dyno came back 288tq/286whp in my X, which was about 20/20 higher than I was expecting from an unmodded XMR.

I'm at a loss to explain why many cars would come in very close to their previous dyno numbers, but others were unexpectedly higher. With all that having been said, remember that the simple act of moving a car off the dyno and back on means that you can't really compare its numbers against the last time you were on it (or any other dyno, for that matter).
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 03:53 PM

ok fellas I put all the dyno plots up

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/...d=1#post622602
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by mrMTB
OK, here's my take...

Justin put down numbers within the margin of error on this dyno compared to about a year ago on Steve's Mustang dyno (I think he was down 5 whp vs Steve).
Justin says he' added a larger front ic and no new tune

My dyno came back 288tq/286whp in my X, which was about 20/20 higher than I was expecting from an unmodded XMR.

I'm at a loss to explain why many cars would come in very close to their previous dyno numbers, but others were unexpectedly higher.
Were many unchanged from their previous dyno on the Mustang?
With all that having been said, remember that the simple act of moving a car off the dyno and back on means that you can't really compare its numbers against the last time you were on it
why not except for the temp/weather?
(or any other dyno, for that matter).
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Kelly-

I think the new FMIC accounts for Justin being a little down on power. Unless the new intercooler had a lower pressure drop across the core than the previous, I'd expect it not to make so much a difference on the dyno w/o a tune to account for it.

The lining up of the car on the dyno along with the specific manner in which it is strapped down can impact the readings from the dyno. It's a dicey proposition to try and compare results.

All of this having been said, I'm not sure it can be safely assumed that the dyno is reading ~15% high, as Boostez has stated.
Old Sep 19, 2009 | 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

that dyno reads very similar to Khans dynos (Mustang Dyno) cause i did 370 and 372 w/o a tune for FMIC and running rich and more boost (now) so COBB and Khan Tunings Dyno read about the same.

and on a side note it looks like made the most power of the Dyno day except for FPs Car...

Quick Reply: COBB Plano Evo Dyno Day FEELER