Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Need a body work repair shop near Arlington

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a body work repair shop near Arlington

Hi all, so anyway, these cars have great stopping power and all, unfortunately for me not everyone has similar braking capacity. Thankfully the other guy was cooperative and earnest, and most importantly, insured. But my JDM bumper is ruined, and i got some scratches on the trunk as well. Will anyone recommend a shop to have it fixed?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Service King in Irving, Don Hering uses them. And your insurance might already have an account with them so you'll never have to see the paper work.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:03 PM

I hate to sound picky but do you know if restoring the JDM components will require any extra work on my part or can the repair shop handle that?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:23 PM
Former Sponsor

yeah they wont have a clue what your talking about if you ask for a JDM bumper. you'll have to order one and get it to them in person. if you were rear ended odds are you'll need a new bumper and the old one cant be fixed.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

I don't know how your insurance will work it, but I always thought the insurance will have to replace what was damaged with the exact same peice. So you might get a brand new JDM bumper (depending on the damage). If the cost cost of repairing the bumper is cheaper than replacing it, the body shop will treat it like any other body panel. You shouldn't have to do anything extra.

Maybe the one thing you might have to do, if the insurance chooses to replace the bumper, you will probably have show them where to get it, or give them an estimate from a website and they might just write you check for the bumper.

But again, every insurance is different.

Last edited by JDW1479; Jul 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I have always used Mansfield Paint and Body ofcourse in Mansfield on 287 and Debbie Ln. They have done work on my NSX, Mazdaspeed, Avalanche and will be doing my trunk lid on my Evo.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:42 PM

pray for my evo, its so sad now it is actually ejecting its own lug nuts. Thank you Kevin and Richard for coming to my aid over the phone. I'm be at your place for lug stud service for sure. Maybe you can verify the torque wrench i've been using too.

to everyone, try not brake check fellow motorists and check your nuts regularly...
Old Aug 7, 2009, 07:08 PM

if you're still looking, my friend owns complete autobody in arlington and does good work and can usually save you some money with the insurance. there number is 817 795 2770.