Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

NTAXS Autocross #6 11/22 Pennington Field - This one's for Dennis!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
NTAXS Autocross #6 11/22 Pennington Field - This one's for Dennis!

The North Texas Autocross Series (NTAXS), presented by the North Texas S2000 Owners Club (NTS2KOC), is hosting our sixth and final autocross of the season on Sunday, November 22, 2009 at Pennington Field.

We are dedicating this event to Dennis Rothermich of http://www.autocrosspictures.net/. For those that do not know, Dennis has been battling cancer and he does not have adequate insurance coverage. You might have seen Dennis at various autocross events taking pictures so he can post them for everyone to download on http://www.autocrosspictures.net/. He never charged for the pictures and few of us have ever paid for them, making his work and the site a labor of love for the sport and a gift to us.

When you sign up for this event, you will be given the opportunity to pay additional money as a donation to Dennis. We will also be accepting donations at the event. The North Texas Autocross Series/North Texas S2000 Owners Club will donate all additional income from the event (after covering our event costs) to Dennis. If we can fill the event with all 60 available spots, then we will be able to provide about $1000 to Dennis, plus whatever extra money you donate. We will be opening registration early for this event, on 10/30, in order to provide the most opportunity for generating donations for Dennis.

Originally Posted by jrj512
More info…

Pennington Field is located in Bedford, the heart of the Metroplex, on the southwest corner of Central Drive and State Highway 183. The entry fee is $30 per person and you must pre-register at http://www.dlbracing.com starting Friday, November 6th. There is no on-site registration. The event is limited to 60 drivers, so sign up early. Please join us for a great day of racing and fun.

You get eight runs at NTAXS events, so you will make four runs in the AM session and four runs in the PM session.

8 AM – 9 AM Check-in, Registration, and mandatory Tech Inspection
(You must arrive in time to have check in and pass tech inspection prior to 9 AM)
8:15 AM – 9:30 AM Course open for walking
9:15 AM Novice Meeting (mandatory if new to NTAXS events)
9:30 AM Drivers Meeting (mandatory for all)
9:45 AM First car out
(45-minute lunch break between morning and afternoon heats)

Car Classing is based on engine size:
- Class 1/1R is for engines under 2.3 liters, except Honda S2000 and Lotus
Elise/Exige.
- Class 2/2R is for engines over 2.2 liters, but under 4.0 liters, plus Honda S2000.
- Class 3/3R is for engines over 3.9 liters, plus Lotus Elise/Exige.
- Class S2000 is only for Honda S2000 on street tires.

Rotary engine multiplies displacement by 2.0. Usage of forced induction multiplies displacement by 1.5. (This is in addition to the rotary multiplier, if applicable.) Tires with a wear rating under 140 must use the R class.

View the rules and additional information at http://www.s2000.org/nts2koc/autox.shtml.

Contact me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com for more information.
There's already one Evo registered. I'm not sure if I can make this one due to a scheduling conflict...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't be able to make the one this weekend but I can guarantee I will be at this one.
Old Nov 13, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Course Map
Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting. The entire first half looks like it's all first gear.