Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Accessport Challenge in Plano!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ivanxchvz
TIME OUT

Denver - Custom tunes went up 50? Thats unacceptable.
Prices increase, it's nothing new. Deal with it.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:52 PM

I am happy with my Access Port, but of course I am still getting acquanted with it. I have seen how well they work with the GTRs, I am hoping for the same success on the Xs.
Old Nov 22, 2009, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dcasandman
I've been to both ED and Cobb Plano now. I was happy with both places. Richard at ED responds faster and remembers who I am, but other than that both are viable places to get a tune. My car ran completely code free with Cobb pre Turbo and Cam mods making 340whp when initially tuned with. Car was completely smooth for a year on that tune. My car now tends to throw more codes, which I expected that with the CAMs and Turbo upgrade on my X. It is also running pretty rich now and not quite as smooth, which I am not 100 percent happy with since now to get it fixed I have to drive down to get the tuned adjusted from OKC for another 200. At first I thought it was the new fuel relay, but I put the other back in and it was the same. I truly like both places giving a definite nod to ED for Customer Service side of things, which was why I made the initial switch to ED. I do not think you can go to wrong on the technical side of things for either one. Calvin at Cobb appears to have a great knowledge on how to tune the X, and they do have the advantage to having a dyno for the time being. With my car they followed up the dyno tune with some road testing to get things just right so I was happy. I am not for Ecuflash or AP really, both flash the Ecu, both change the same parameter currently, both make around same power(tuner dependent). I see no problem with Cobb throwing out this challenge. IMO they are putting their money were their mouth is, and that is what it is all about. Plus, I like some healthy competition. Its just up to the other shops in the competing areas to prove them wrong. Nothing wrong with that.I'm considering taking this challenge as Im not completely satisfied with my tune now like I was before adding the cam and turbo. If there is no improvement I have no problem saying there was or was not. I just havent decided if I want to fork out 695 for AP again.
I am just wondering why would you have to pay again for the AP?
Old Nov 22, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Because he sold it after he went to an EcuFlash tune. That's the other great thing about the AP- if you decide to go another direction, you can recoup a portion of what you're out of pocket on it.

I'm expecting the next year to be very exciting on the Evo X tuning front (both EcuFlash and AP).
Old Nov 22, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

I paid 625 for the AP originally and sold it for 575. So I lost 50 bucks on it over a year. I may buy one again to see if they can give me a little smoother tune. If they can't they turn the car back to original settings and I go on my way. If they can then awsome. I do have a feeling with how the car runs now a lot there is some drivability/smoothness to be had and maybe a small amount of power. Not as concerned about the power as much as I am the delivery if the power through the rev range. If that can be improved I'll be happy.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kracka
You do realize you have to pay for tuning with the AP too, right? You get one base map included, then have to buy others, and then pay even more if you want an actual custom dyno tune. With your logic you'll be able to get 3 ECUFlash tunes for the price of the AP with a base map; how is that not cost-effective?
As was pointed out earlier, this is not the case. All of our Off the Shelf (OTS) maps are free to download from our website. We now have a greatly expanded library of maps that include E85 maps and maps for larger injectors. You can see the complete list here: EVO X Map Download Page

As Trey pointed out, we feel that the AccessPORT is equal to other options in every way and we would like the EVO community to see for themselves just what a powerful tool the AccessPORT, coupled with AccessTUNER, is. We hope you come visit us very soon!

Travis
COBB Tuning
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Holy crap! 800cc injectors and e85 maps included! I'm so there with the corn juice now that I don't have to pay for the custom tune! Cobb Rocks!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, what are the estimated improvements with the Stage II + dsw800 + e85 map?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Took the Cobb Challenge this last Saturday. Let's just say it was an eye opening experience.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

What happen?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Let's just say I was tuned at Cobb last December and made 340whp on their dyno. Just went to dyno day in Oct and still put down 320. I go back for the challenge after 2k worth of mods, 1k worth of installs and put down 280whp at the highest. 3 seperate pulls others were lower. Have to go back to look over issues Of installs and finish my challenge tune. I will never not do a dyno tune again.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

What tune did you have with the 280HP? was that on ECUflash or a cobb tuned access port?

Just curious.....
Old Dec 7, 2009, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cobb thinks that his cams were installed off a tooth or two (or 3 or 4 lol). Why all the "mystery" is beyond me.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Ecuflash
Old Dec 7, 2009, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
Cobb thinks that his cams were installed off a tooth or two (or 3 or 4 lol). Why all the "mystery" is beyond me.
wouldnt he have bent some valves if that was to happen?

Quick Reply: Accessport Challenge in Plano!