Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Texas Time Trial Events in January/February

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texas Time Trial Events in January/February

If anyone is interested I'm putting on another time trial at mineral wells on Sunday January 24th (weather permitting). And if there is enough interest then we will put on another event on February 6th (weather permitting).

Most of you know how these event work but for those that don't, this is a time trial not an autocross. Think of it like a timed road course event except on a super-massive parking lot. Speeds will be higher and the course is faster and open than any autocross. You will get a TON of seat time with zero corner working. The entry fee also includes free lunch and water! One new change for this year is that we will be running more permanent fixed courses. These will be the same from event to event so if you go to one event, make some changes to your car, and then come to another event you can compare the times to see improvement.

We also have just finished a new course for this year. When we designed it we wanted to build something that raises the bar for course design. We wanted something that would incorporate many of the elements of a real road course, something that was intimidating and scary, and it had to be just as fun to drive in a Miata as a Z06. We went out this past Sunday to set the course up for the first time, and we ended up spending all day working on it until everything was perfect. I don't want to say too much myself, hopefully some of the other guys who have driven it will chime in. But I can say that this course is incredibly challenging, and it isn't something you can master in one day!

I can guarantee these time trials are the most fun events you will ever go to! We have a very low entry cap which means you get a ton of seat time with no working! This event is capped at less than 20 people, and it will fill up so don't wait till the last minute to register. Spots are first come first served! Previous autocross or track experience is required.

For more info, pics/videos of previous events, or to register head over to my site at:
www.texastimetrials.com

Last edited by Davidss; Jan 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:21 AM

Ok the next event is officially Feb 6th, and registration is now open! I will also have new improved t-shirts which are free if you register by Tuesday!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks!
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

I approve
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:18 AM

see you there.... spectator of corse
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

why is my car always broken..... fml
Old Feb 4, 2010, 07:59 PM

Ok the morning is filled up but the afternoon still has a few spots left! Also after this weekend we will compile a new top ten list for the T1 course!