Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Check out my new License plate; For all those STI owners out there.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a buddy's of mine plate back in ATL.

And he has the mods to back it up lol
Old Feb 13, 2010, 09:27 AM

nice...just make sure sti is behind u all the time or else...u know wat i mean...
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:06 PM

haha nice, but with a license plate like that and you goin for show first you sure goin to get smoke by sti, i said get exhaust and tune on e85 and that should hold for a while
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

You realize that FQ body kit is over 10 grand right from the factory. Id slap a tune on it before anything else and net a good 60whp over how it is now.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by evoevo8
haha nice, but with a license plate like that and you goin for show first you sure goin to get smoke by sti, i said get exhaust and tune on e85 and that should hold for a while

I dont street race brodie.....thats a felony....I'll have my day at the track....and I'm not necessarily going for "Show"....I just want to stand apart.....like I said the mods will come.....a little bit of AMS, K&N, AEM, HKS, Turbosmart....and such....and then I'll be on my way....but until then...im guuud...
Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

My first plate on my evo was sti lol
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:27 AM

Be mindful of where you park your car. I can appreciate the plate, but im sure quite a few scubie owners wont esp when you have a very stock looking car.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This reminds me of a situation where I was at a car meet and there was a ton of people there, and a kid pulled up in an STi with a **** on evo sticker and literally parked right next to me.
Im not the kind of person to call someone out, but my friends on the other hand are. So they went up to him and asked if he wanted to "take a trip down to a safe, legal strip of track" and run his car against mine. He nearly pooed himself I never saw anyone get so nervous in my life lol. He was like ohhh na na well my car just has an intake a bov and a tune, the sticker is just a joke!

Moral of the story, don't make yourself look like a fool. I hate the STi's because theyre beat as hell and the ej25 is a joke so I love the idea of your license plate, but your car is stock and roughly runs 13.3-13.6 at 98-101, which is a near identical time to the 2006 STi.

I personally would never do something like put that on my license plate with a stock car. I dont even think Id do that with how my car sits right now, just for the fact that theres too many DB's out there that wouldnt think twice about keying a car.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

This is why I like my Plate - Y SO SLO

It has 3 meanings-

1. The Chevy/Ford/Dodge trucks can read it when they think theyre gonna pass me.

2. When Im going slow due to a rough road (lots in my area), speedbumps etc and the above trucks get mad at me and try and pass me, see #1.

3. Any other cars I can beat on the street can read it too, as a bonus. But my lil RS is close to stock, so I have no delusions on who I can/cant beat lol
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Please don't have a car that's all bark and no bite. It takes one STI to make us all evo's look bad. So mod your motor before anything else, Your car allready looks good.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by hmsevo9mr
Please don't have a car that's all bark and no bite. It takes one STI to make us all evo's look bad. So mod your motor before anything else, Your car allready looks good.

"All bark and no bite"...??.....Thats a bit of an extreme statement dont u think...last I checked..IT WAS A FREAKIN EVO FOR CRYING OUT LOAD!!....

Another classic evo -Pert... .....and really?...One STI?....to end the world for us Evo owners/enthusiasts??!!.....

Get the heck out of here..........

My plate is cooked Krack....and I think I will do what I want with my Evo...its called humor guy....
Old Mar 4, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Lol I'm just saying you have close to a stock evo and you run into a modded sti and beats you what do you think the discussion is going to be? Not trying to diss you bro.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 01:59 PM

lets be extremely hypothetical and say i did race an STI on the streets....(which I would'nt because thats a felony)....but lets say I did....and lost....

WHO GIVES A DAMN!!.....everyone will lose once....now, I'm not saying that I'm into losing but....really man....cmon....its not that serious.....

Perhaps....we all should appoint you as "The Evo Society Rep" and you can tell us all how to mod our cars..

so heres ur chance bro.....

Tell me exactly what to buy and do to my ride...cuz i'd hate to lose once and ruin it all for everyone else....
Old Mar 5, 2010, 02:03 PM

I was thinking of upgrading my Flux Compacitor first....

my only concern is i'll end up back in 85'....

no no no....I know....how bout a lighter shift knob....SOOO that way I can change gears faster than the guy in the STI..... YYEAAAAA that'll do it....
Old Mar 6, 2010, 07:31 AM

somehow i doubt any of us would care if you hadn't called the attention and invited our opinions. It's still a clever plate though.

Quick Reply: Check out my new License plate; For all those STI owners out there.