Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Which brake pads on Evo X?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which brake pads on Evo X?

Does anyone know where i can get a full set cheap and good ones? Any suggestion what to get ? I need any help i can get..
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

i hear good things about hawk performance pads, but I personally have not used them
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Hawk street pads are junk for the Evo (HPS are no better than stock and HP+ squeal something awful). I'll be going with a set of RacingBrake ET500's on my X; had them on my IX and loved them. Otherwise Performance Friction, Stoptech, and Ferodo all make good street pads. I just loved my ET500's since they don't dust nearly as bad as the stock Brembo pads.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:38 AM

One tip I can offer is to buy evo viii/ ix pads for the front. They are the same size and typically run cheaper for the same pad. The rears are evo X specific, but if you get a deal girodisc sells a rear adapter. There is a really good thread in the evo x suspension forums talking about different pads. I personally went with Axxis ultimates as they were inexpensive and had high numbers for a street pad. I ran them at the
Ntec track day on MSR 1.3 and they held up really well, no fade (granted it is a slower track). The only downside is they dust quite a bit, but they are quite and the fronts are only $55 at nopi online
Old Jul 28, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

I've used Hawks for years and find them to be a good pad for the money. I run HP+ on the streets and HT10s for the track. Alamo in Arlington ususally has them in stock for the same price that you can find on the web.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:07 PM

depends on the kind of driving you do...
aggressive street/light track
I've used Hawk HP+ with no squealing (bedded properly from the StopTech website)
Ferrodo 2500 ...great pads too
I have some new in the box Ferrodo I'll sell for $175
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:37 PM
Former Sponsor

i've run hawk HPS for street, they work just fine. plus they are a tiny fraction of the cost of new OEM pads. if your going out to the track, then they don't work super great, but they will get you around the track.

the HP+ pads as jim mentioned are a better pad for the track, but can squeel for the street (bedding them like kelly said can make a difference, but its hit or miss in my experience with that pad).

i've also tried the duralast gold pads from autozone for a street pad. lets just say you get what you pay for.... if your just going to work and back they will be fine.

for track geared pads, i've had the hawk blues which i liked for my street car on the track, they were far more aggressive them the HP+. and on my race car i run the DTC-70's which are crazy pads. i haven't gotten close to using them to their full potential yet.

the ferrodo 2500s are a HPS/HP+ equvilient. they don't seem to squeel as much as the HP+ but i haven't gotten to use them on the track either to say how they grip.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

i change out my oem pads yesterday to EBC redstuff and they r great, i took it out for a spin around the neighborhood and they bite really good. it perform way better that the oem pads. you can barely here the squeal on these pads, but i guess still in the stage if breakin' in.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by EvOxDaLLaSJEFF
Does anyone know where i can get a full set cheap and good ones? Any suggestion what to get ? I need any help i can get..
Good and cheap don't usually go together, esp. when it comes to brake pads and tires IMO. You get what you pay for.
Give this a read.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...pads-ever.html