Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

I like my new....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
...based on my self-promises I guess we'll see where I stand later on down the road then!

I don't really hit much traffic on the way to work, I'm generally able to bomb down the Tollway at 80-85 the whole way.

Was getting an aftermarket turbo pointless? Sure; but so was buying an Evo instead of a Corolla
Old Oct 14, 2011, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
...based on my self-promises I guess we'll see where I stand later on down the road then!

I don't really hit much traffic on the way to work, I'm generally able to bomb down the Tollway at 80-85 the whole way.

Was getting an aftermarket turbo pointless? Sure; but so was buying an Evo instead of a Corolla
I didn't say it was pointless, I was just trying to understand how it is better for daily driving. I can tell you, going from my car to my wife's CR-V...there isn't any part of owning an Evo that is pointless.

If I spend a week driving her car, my car feels like a monster, it keeps me from getting the performance modding bug!

I foresee a monster eventually with your build...You can quote me on that!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:55 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kracka

No thanks, after my IX I promised myself I'd never do cams or a lightweight flywheel in a daily-driven street car again. That car was miserable to drive in traffic. It's not peak #'s I'm after, I'm after a nice fat powerband. This is my 5th turbo Mitsu car, I've come to learn what I want, and don't want, in one
Promises are made to be broken! Well, if they involves EVOs :P. You are spot on for going with a powerband instead of peaks. Peaks arent consistent which blows haha.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

I think the car is going to be great for daily driving. I'm interested to see the 93 tune and the spool time. If it's within 500rpm of the stock turbo it will be a blast and you will probably save on gas LOL
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justin81
I think the car is going to be great for daily driving. I'm interested to see the 93 tune and the spool time. If it's within 500rpm of the stock turbo it will be a blast and you will probably save on gas LOL
Your car is going to be a nasty little hooker for sure!
Old Oct 14, 2011, 09:30 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
Your car is going to be a nasty little hooker for sure!
That seriously is the best thing I have ever heard to be refereed to an evo as. It definitely makes sense too, the damn thing is a dude magnet (at least 99.9% of the time...).
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:37 PM
T6
Evolving Member

grimmspeed 3port + eibach pro kit.

Soon should have my whiteline F and R anti sway bars.

Soon I am gonna have them installed (except the sway bars, I am just gonna do them me self), not gonna have my fic 1100 put in anytime soon though as no point really...
Attached Thumbnails I like my new....-img-20111017-00010.jpg   I like my new....-img-20111017-00011.jpg   I like my new....-img-20111017-00012.jpg  
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by T6

Soon I am gonna have them installed (except the sway bars, I am just gonna do them me self), not gonna have my fic 1100 put in anytime soon though as no point really...
The 3-port is cake to tune for too! If you want, I am sure someone will help ya install the springs, Kracka and I did his, it was easy breezy!

Last edited by SiliconTek; Oct 17, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by T6

Just FYI. The front swaybar is a PAIN. The rear isn't bad, but the front is a monster.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoxgsr2010
Just FYI. The front swaybar is a PAIN. The rear isn't bad, but the front is a monster.
That is exactly why I am waiting to do mine when my clutch gets replaced, no reason to pay that extra time for nothing. There is an easy to install adapter however that can allow you to firm up the front by one click, takes minutes to install. Just make sure you are gonna use the sways, street driving (like you should) you will never get the benefit of sways.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:12 PM
T6
Evolving Member

I have looked at the R anti sway and it really is a joke to replace it but havent found ANY information on how - to for the front so I could tackle it. There is only 1 place that does laser alignments here and they only do (quoting word for word): "You car will have aftermarket suspension, we wont do it. We only do what the manufacturer has suggested."

My jaw did drop when I heard that... Which is why I wont touch the springs and have cobb do it for me with the alignment then 3port + retune. If the F anti-sway bar really is a PITA i might have cobb tackle it lol.

I am hoping the 3 port will finally get me a steady boost going for different gear ratios... I am gonna let Calvin tackle that for me at the tune haha.

Sadly, I have a confession to make (possibly again)... I am quite clueless when it comes to alignment... I have a very noob knowledge of camber/caster/toe but no idea what degree i would want them to be at when I get the alignment...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Front camber, as negative as possible. Rear ~-1. 0 toe all around.

Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

If you are just going to be DD'ing the car, -2 front, -1 rear, zero toe. That is the standard setting most go with. I even autocrossed with that for a few months and it was a decent compromise.

Racing, do what goofy said up front and the rear is going to depend on your setup really but ~-3.0F/-1.5R is a good starting place. I run a bit of toe out up front and toe in to help with turn in.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:08 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Yea pretty much just DD, no track or drag. Just sprinted DD driving is all I will be doing. I appreciate the info
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SiliconTek
If you are just going to be DD'ing the car, -2 front, -1 rear, zero toe. That is the standard setting most go with. I even autocrossed with that for a few months and it was a decent compromise.

Racing, do what goofy said up front and the rear is going to depend on your setup really but ~-3.0F/-1.5R is a good starting place. I run a bit of toe out up front and toe in to help with turn in.
On springs only, he's only going to get to ~-2 up front (flip the bolt). The rear is the one where he can do something silly like -3* lol (and strip camber bolts doing it).

I didn't like toe out unless there was a lot of slaloms. Of course I was running hella wide tires. Some toe in in the rear was nice for higher speed stuff (more stability).

Quick Reply: I like my new....