Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

I like my new....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SiliconTek
I thought you said you were done with your X...
Car wouldn't be done without a retune so once that happens, yes it's done. I picked up the LICP because if I'm going to get my piping powdercoated after it's retuned, I'd rather have everything done at once so the color matches perfectly, instead of picking the LICP later and having the color matched.

Originally Posted by Acree
Time for a new bed spread mondo!

-Acree
We Mexicans like to have random oddly colored "flashy" things. As much as I want to get away from it....I can't. It's in the blood.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rmondoh
Car wouldn't be done without a retune so once that happens, yes it's done. I picked up the LICP because if I'm going to get my piping powdercoated after it's retuned, I'd rather have everything done at once so the color matches perfectly, instead of picking the LICP later and having the color matched.
After seeing your OTS and Protune results from the dyno day I am quite surprised how close they were...I would stick with the OTS and save the money.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:34 PM

I just like having an EVO instead of my Honda. Oh and the newly done interior door panels/ plastic trim. My kids kept saying how much they LOVED the new purple door panels and the wrapped plastic interior pieces, because it was there favorite color. Kids gotta love if you don't who will. Just a small part of my idea for what I want my car to look like. Enjoy people.

Old Oct 13, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

The trim pieces look nice!

Not my choice of color for the panels, but I really like the fabric idea! The fabric wrap job looks amazing!

But hey, your car so you're free to do your own thing.

Did you do the trim and panels yourself or did you take it somewhere?
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:32 PM

The trim pieces look nice!

Not my choice of color for the panels, but I really like the fabric idea! The fabric wrap job looks amazing!

But hey, your car so you're free to do your own thing.

Did you do the trim and panels yourself or did you take it somewhere?

I did all the work myself for a small amount of money $50 bucks. Fabric is cheap at Joann Fabric store. The wrap was from Synthetic Designs that I picked up for dirt cheap. Since The car is Silver I needed an accent color that was differant, but not something with to many parties going on with it. Kind of like your bed spreads Rmondoh. Just kidding. Maybe . I just want to be differant from the other EVOs. I've got more instore to do as soon as money comes in. Man I need to win the lottery. OH well! Life shall go on. Oh Rmondoh I like the new exhaust you put on it sounds a hole lot better then the other one. Stay tuned for more to come.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fuel53

I did all the work myself for a small amount of money $50 bucks. Fabric is cheap at Joann Fabric store. The wrap was from Synthetic Designs that I picked up for dirt cheap. Since The car is Silver I needed an accent color that was differant, but not something with to many parties going on with it. Kind of like your bed spreads Rmondoh. Just kidding. Maybe . I just want to be differant from the other EVOs. I've got more instore to do as soon as money comes in. Man I need to win the lottery. OH well! Life shall go on. Oh Rmondoh I like the new exhaust you put on it sounds a hole lot better then the other one. Stay tuned for more to come.
Well for what it is worth I think you did a great job and it turned out awesome! Color preference is like arseholes everyone has one.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Lol @ bed spreads.

Dude, you did a great job with the trim and the upholstery job. It looks top notch! As Silicon said, color preference differs from person to person so kudos to you for being different. Can't wait to see what else you have lined up!

Thanks for the exhaust compliment. It sounds a bit different now that I have a test pipe on there. I think it sounds even better. Next time you make it out to a meet, you can check it out in person.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

I like my new FIC 1100's and BlaqOps Single Walbro 255lph Kit + E-85 tune Numbers coming later today!!!
Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
Well for what it is worth I think you did a great job and it turned out awesome! Color preference is like arseholes everyone has one.

Thanks SiliconTek! MY arshole just happened to be Purple. HAHA

Rmondoh Hopefully I can make it out this month, but since my shift changed I'm not making any promises. I would really like to see the production of the EVO.

I'm getting my NEW gauges in this week and scrapping the old ones. FREAKN INNOVATE MOTORSPORTS. That what happens when you go with a new line of gauges and hope they finish making the whole line. Con Artists.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks SiliconTek! MY arshole just happened to be Purple. HAHA
The joke that can be made from this comment would be awesome but I think SmikeEvo would have to edit this post and ban me for it.

Rmondoh Hopefully I can make it out this month, but since my shift changed I'm not making any promises. I would really like to see the production of the EVO.
Just make sure you put your name down for the meet you're going to so I know you will be there.

I'm getting my NEW gauges in this week and scrapping the old ones. FREAKN INNOVATE MOTORSPORTS. That what happens when you go with a new line of gauges and hope they finish making the whole line. Con Artists.
Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

In other news, I installed my AMS LICP a while ago, checked all the clamps, took her for a spin making sure to throw the hammer down on occasion, and everything checked out just fine.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
Biggest Evo X intercooler core on the market as far as I'm aware:

MAP prototype FMIC
20"x14"x3.5" = 980 ci

There are much bigger cores available for the VIII and IX, but the X has less space, but does utilize a more effective endtank in/outlet design.
I still haven't installed it yet, but I did weigh it today. It came in at 20.4 lbs. which is really light considering the size of this core. For comparison, the Perrin (cast end-tanks but a little smaller core) comes in at 22 lbs. The ETS 3.5" is 21 lbs. (sheet metal end-tanks and a fairly small core by comparison) and the AMS is 20 lbs. I think (cast end-tanks, medium size core).

My pre-install impressions are this thing are great! Nicely designed cast end-tanks, good quality core, and lightweight. Assuming this things fits well without trimming I plan to urge MAP to get this thing into full production.

Last edited by Kracka; Oct 24, 2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Looks nice Chris. Whats the CFM?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Not sure. It's a Bell core (same as ETS) though which is quality and made in the USA.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

rock chip on hood ...
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:32 PM

My new 3.5 inch ETS intercooler, discount price, no tax or shipping. Picked it up directly from Ets. Nice little shop in the boonies 3 hours south of Seattle.

Quick Reply: I like my new....