Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Alamo Autosports in Arlington

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mt057
Lol Murphy's Law ended up biting me in the butt because I now need a new stud for btwn the o2 housing to the turbo. I will not be going back up to Alamo for anything though. I had been going up there for about 5 years. First with my Conquest TSI and now my Evo. I am going to drive up to FP tomorrow to have them check out my turbo and purchase anything else I need to replace it.

I simply need to be patient in the future. I do DD my car but have access to others that I can borrow in case of emergency. Or I can drive my work vehicle(box truck).

I have to agree that the more despret you appear the more stuff seems to cost. I will simply purchase a gasket sheet from the parts store next time. To tell you the truth the more I look around, the more I don't need Alamo for any parts. I was just being lazy and depending on them. Sometimes bad experiences can cause good things. Bad experiences drove me to learn to tune, now to be patient and look for alternate sources for parts. In the future I will be better educated and source things from reputable dealers with fair prices.
just gotta be careful with the gasket sheets. i have tried several different times to cut my self a gasket and it always ends up leaking i dont know what i do wrong because i make sure to cut it exactly as the old one but just doesnt seem to seal for me. i always order extra to have just in case or order before i do work that requires to replace those gaskets now.

but like i said, alamo is always my last resort if i need something asap.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel bad for you man I really do, but if you stay around long enough you will more than likely hear the same thing from someone else or experience bad service/crappy workmanship first hand from some other local shop as well Alamo does have a history though which is a shame because that shop had potential.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mt057
They go for about $1 dollar for two at the Mitsubishi dealer ship and they charged me $5 a piece at Alamo. I just complained, paid and ran out the door before I though about it because I needed them badly yesterday.
I'll preface my post with this: I am not nor have ever been a customer of Alamo so I can not speak on experience with them first hand. I do however find it funny that you were so irate about $9. If you needed them urgently I would think that $9 would be a minimal cost to you for convenience. That's less than the cost of overnight shipping which is easily $20-$25.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I've had good experiences there, they seem to always have what I need in stock, plus they are about 5 minutes from my office. I've never been overcharged either.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverEvoX
I'll preface my post with this: I am not nor have ever been a customer of Alamo so I can not speak on experience with them first hand. I do however find it funny that you were so irate about $9. If you needed them urgently I would think that $9 would be a minimal cost to you for convenience. That's less than the cost of overnight shipping which is easily $20-$25.
If I did not say it clearly before...It was the straw that broke the camels back.

I have been going there for about 5 years and had both good and bad experiences. For the past few years I have not had pleasent ones yet I keep going back because it was convinent. I don't wish to list them all here. The over priced gaskets were the last time I will drop the soap at Alamo. I could have simply gotten some gasket sheet and made one my self. I actually found exhaust grade bolts at O'reily that are M10 x 1.25 as well as washers and nuts for M10 x 1.25 and M8 x1.25.

I will step off my soap box now and next time I mention a company it will be singing their praises.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:24 AM

I am in the Marine Corps and just got stationed out here in November and found via internet and decided to have them do some needed work as I was way to busy to do so. He charged me 3100 to put a clutch and an Evo 9 CMC in my X. They put the wrong clutch in my car and then proceeded to tell me that in order for them to put the right one in that I wanted that I would have to pay for the parts again and that he would charge for half the labor. I wanted an ACT 2900 street disc or something similar to it because I was going to sell the vehicle and then we agreed on one (I forget which one it was, Ill have to pull my paperwork up on it) and then they turn around and order the Competition stage 4 6 puck setup. This thing chatters soooooo bad that it is almost impossible to drive on the street without looking/sounding like an idiot. Thy were told to call me back when they ordered the evo 9 cmc adapter bracket and the CMC and let me know a round about total amount that I was going to be spending on all of this; Well low and behold they failed to do so.

Not only did they not call me to notify the amount stuff was going to cost they ended up expediting the parts for whatever reason and charging the hell out of me for shipping and international handling. I asked why he even overnighted everything and he said it was because hey don't have enough room in their shop to house cars in there while they wait for parts. When asked why they did not call me before working on it to discuss the pricing they simply stated that they forgot that my number was on the key tag and that when they wrote it on there they they forgot to update it in their system.

Stay away from this company. Like stated above they are crooks. Dare they come on here stating anything that I said is false because when I went in there and talked to them I recorded all of the conversation's with my phone.

This is such a short version of what really happened.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:39 AM

Last edited by ksig419; Jul 12, 2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 02:54 AM

Wow, what an amazing thread... Only heard of this place once and just looking at it I decided to never go there, after reading this, glad I didn't.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ksig419
I am in the Marine Corps and just got stationed out here in November and found via internet and decided to have them do some needed work as I was way to busy to do so. He charged me 3100 to put a clutch and an Evo 9 CMC in my X. They put the wrong clutch in my car and then proceeded to tell me that in order for them to put the right one in that I wanted that I would have to pay for the parts again and that he would charge for half the labor. I wanted an ACT 2900 street disc or something similar to it because I was going to sell the vehicle and then we agreed on one (I forget which one it was, Ill have to pull my paperwork up on it) and then they turn around and order the Competition stage 4 6 puck setup. This thing chatters soooooo bad that it is almost impossible to drive on the street without looking/sounding like an idiot. Thy were told to call me back when they ordered the evo 9 cmc adapter bracket and the CMC and let me know a round about total amount that I was going to be spending on all of this; Well low and behold they failed to do so.

Not only did they not call me to notify the amount stuff was going to cost they ended up expediting the parts for whatever reason and charging the hell out of me for shipping and international handling. I asked why he even overnighted everything and he said it was because hey don't have enough room in their shop to house cars in there while they wait for parts. When asked why they did not call me before working on it to discuss the pricing they simply stated that they forgot that my number was on the key tag and that when they wrote it on there they they forgot to update it in their system.

Stay away from this company. Like stated above they are crooks. Dare they come on here stating anything that I said is false because when I went in there and talked to them I recorded all of the conversation's with my phone.

This is such a short version of what really happened.
I'm curious...did you

1. Specify exactly what clutch you wanted?
2. Ask for pricing up front?

I'm not taking sides mind you but I have been customer of Alamo for many years and never had an issue. Not every shop is perfect. I'm just finding it a difficult pill to swallow if you said I want a "act12-35 clutch" and they just said we'll screw this guy over and install something completely different without talking to him about it.

If in fact thats what happened... That what using a credit card is for. Dispute, dispute. Or for over 3100 bucks. I would go to small claims court.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I agree with Supra, if you feel you were wronged then file a dispute with your credit card company and let them hash it out with Alamo. They're on your side, not his.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only time I ever did business with Alamo Autosports is when I first bought my Evo and needed to refill my Methanol tank. Just from the feeling I got when I was there after talking with the guys, I never went back. Same thing as Tom and Chris, take it up with your credit card company or take them to small claims court.

You can avoid pretty much all of the these issues by going to Evo Dynamics. Sorry to sound like a fan boy, but they are the best at what they do and will never blow smoke up your ***.

-Acree
Old Jul 12, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with Acree. I've been to Evo Dynamics for all my work and it has never been anything but perfect and the pricing is very reasonable. Win / win all around.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:49 PM

Evo Dynamics is who is going to do all of my work for now on. They will be tuning my car and working some issues out of it here within the next week or so and then not to long after that we will be doing an FP red injectors and an ETS down pipe. Cant wait to deal with them.

I told Alamo I didn't wanna spend a lot of money on the clutch because I was going to either sell it or trade it in and get a new G37. I just wanted a clutch put in it that was equal to the one that I had in there (the ACT 2900 Street Disc) we agreed on one which I forget what it was now but have it all wrote down in a file thats put away. Also asked them about how much it was going to cost to put in the Evo 9 CMC and they told me X amount. We agreed that they would call me the next day (saturday) when they figured round about how much it was all going to cost for the install on it. Brice himself wrote my number down on the little key tag on my keys because I was complaining about how I kept trying to get ahold of him and his employees would not return calls at all, and off I went waiting for their call yet again. I get no call for a couple of days, so I started calling and telling whomever was answering the phone to have the owner Brice call me back immediately because I am hearing nothing from them like we agreed.

another day or two passes and then I call again and the owner (Brice) answer's. He says to come pick the car up and that it was done I say wait why is it done? and he then proceeds to just tell me how much it was going to cost. I get there and we argue about why he didnt call me like we talked about and he said we tried to a few times and it kept going to voice mail (Mind you I have this all recorded lol) I said thats funny because I ALWAYS answer my phone no matter what I am doing or whatever time it is because of work and I have lots of people calling me. I asked what number did you try calling and he said that it was my old number from AZ that they had file from the first time I went in there. Well I said I wonder what that voice mail sounded like because thats not even my number and its not even in service and you knew that because I specifically told you that when we spoke about you confirming everything with me before doing anything, you wrote it on the key tag for my keys and hung them up. He just looked at me then said well I dont know, and shrugged his shoulders then proceeds to say well I messed up my bad what do you want for me to do about it. I told him that I wanted the right clutch put in and money taken off for the CMC install because of the round about price that we agreed upon before. he said nope Ill change the clutch if you pay for half the labor and buy the parts. I then proceeded to tell him that he will be put on a black list on our base for military members to stay away from (which I did) and also be taking him to court and that this was all recorded. He just looked at me as I walked out and that was all.

BTW I dont think that they screwed me over on purpose I think that it is all because they do not communicate with each other on what is going on. Like everytime I tell them to call me back or have someone call me back and they dont at all then act like they never knew to call.

I really wish they would come on here and try to say otherwise.

Only thing I am worried about going to court for is the fact that nothing was wrote down on paper for what clutch to install but at the same time nothing was also signed verifying that he could start any work. so I dont know what would happen in court with this.

Last edited by ksig419; Jul 12, 2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 05:51 PM

im gonna grab all of my paperwork on this so that I can have all the answers to something someone might ask like what clutch I wanted or how much they were going to charge me for something.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

3 words: do it yourself

Quick Reply: Alamo Autosports in Arlington