Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Where to get race fuel north dallas

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get race fuel north dallas

Does anyone know where to get some vp100 or ms109? I know MSR in Cresson has it, but... that's in Cresson. Anything closer to Plano/Allen area?

No, I don't want to run e85, no stations near my house, and none anywhere near the tracks.
No, I don't want to run meth, I just dont trust having more parts to fail and make my engine explode.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

I know Pirana got a drum of race gas. Might want to PM him and ask about the details.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MS109 can be found at Bates Motorcycle shop in Carrollton on I-35 just north of 635

-Kevin
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:37 PM
Former Sponsor

smileys in garlard has a bunch of different fuels. i picked up some Q16, and saw they had M1 methanol by the truck load, C16 and barrels lined up from C16 on down to the lower octane stuff.

FYI, the Q16 is 13 dollars a gallon. a single fill up comes out to be around 175 dollars so make sure if you run that fuel you know your racing for a good reason
Old Jan 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try Dallas Motorsports 972 644-2533
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^thats where i got mine. They deliver too!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

sweet thanks everyone
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
smileys in garlard has a bunch of different fuels. i picked up some Q16, and saw they had M1 methanol by the truck load, C16 and barrels lined up from C16 on down to the lower octane stuff.

FYI, the Q16 is 13 dollars a gallon. a single fill up comes out to be around 175 dollars so make sure if you run that fuel you know your racing for a good reason
Agreed, the drum of e85 that we got for the last track day was $135, five of us ran all day and we still had some left over...
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TxEvo8
Agreed, the drum of e85 that we got for the last track day was $135, five of us ran all day and we still had some left over...
I really wish I could do this, b/c I'd much rather just get e85. The issue is I can't get enough of it to the tracks since I dont have a truck to bring a drum down. I drive my car to the track. Now I have no back seats, so I could fill the back/trunk w/ 10gal cans, but for a two day event I just dont know if I'd have enough fuel to get there and back, esp at events at msr houston or TWS.

How much e85 do you use per day at the track? My math seems to be that I'd go through 3-4 tanks of 93 per weekend, so call it 40 gallons. So at least 50 gallons of e85, plus another 10 to get to cresson and back. I guess I could bring 80 gallons (buffer) in the car, that just seems excessive.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
I really wish I could do this, b/c I'd much rather just get e85. The issue is I can't get enough of it to the tracks since I dont have a truck to bring a drum down. I drive my car to the track. Now I have no back seats, so I could fill the back/trunk w/ 10gal cans, but for a two day event I just dont know if I'd have enough fuel to get there and back, esp at events at msr houston or TWS.

How much e85 do you use per day at the track? My math seems to be that I'd go through 3-4 tanks of 93 per weekend, so call it 40 gallons. So at least 50 gallons of e85, plus another 10 to get to cresson and back. I guess I could bring 80 gallons (buffer) in the car, that just seems excessive.

Thoughts?
My initial thought is what group are you running with at these tracks? If it is NASA, then you probably wanna hook up with us since we have trucks and barrels of fuel, which solves your problem pretty quickly. If you are running with another group, then I would try to see if anyone in your group runs it and you could try a similar set up to what we are doing.

Kracka told me this weekend that you X guys have map switching now, so that might help get you home at least.

What I have done prior to the drum is bring two 5 gallon jugs to the track and fill up on the way, that will usually get me through the day. This does cause me to alter my route to the track a bit, but certainly seems worth the savings over the race fuel. There are e 85 stations within 30 miles of both MSRC and ECR..

TWS is an issue since they do not have any e85 stations close by, but Houston has some, and there is one in Pearland, just 15 minutes from MSRH.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/locator/stations/
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

gotcha. I've been going w/ DE to their events, though I'd like to get involved with NASA events, which would help by hooking up with you guys. Are you all doing nasa TT stuff, or just the open days for fun?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Thoughts?
at the last NASA event, i carried the E85 in my evo, i had about 15 gallons with me. i was able to run the entire day with driving to ECR. although on the way home i had to fill up with pump gas on the map switching. if i remember correctly that was a 4 session day, 20min sessions. with my 8 i could pretty easily do two sessions without having to add anything. i estimated roughly a 1/3 of a tank per session. (4 gallons per session)

i would agree on a two day event if you didn't have fuel near you, you prolly wouldn't have enough room in the car for fuel for the entire weekend. obviously you could always switch fuels out when you run out of E85 and just run pump gas. usually the last sessions are slower anyway as tire wear out, drivers wear out, and brake pads disappear. a 10 session weekend is very very tiring. heck, a 5 session day usually wipes me out

oh and with 40 gallons of fuel for a weekend, E85 is about half price of even 100oct at the track. so expect a fuel cost difference of 120+ dollars.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor

gotcha. I've been going w/ DE to their events, though I'd like to get involved with NASA events, which would help by hooking up with you guys. Are you all doing nasa TT stuff, or just the open days for fun?

we plan on attending all the nasa events this year (with the first one coming up soon). but keep in mind you don't have to TT to go to the NASA events. they have instructors and HPDE as well as the racing between sessions. in fact this year they are making a big push to get more people involved in the HPDE stuff.

we also try to attend all the NTEC track days (usually 2 a year, one in spring and one in fall). last year the spring one was the don herring event, and the fall one i think we just did the ECR toy run as the NTEC event (there were like 8-10 evos i think).
Old Jan 12, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Both, for me it is all about being in the seat and having a good time. As Kevin said, in addition to the NASA events, we do open track days as well. I can't think of a better use of my time than being on the track.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

motorsport sales TI blvd in dallas/richardson (972)644-2533. they deliver and carry pretty much everything.

Quick Reply: Where to get race fuel north dallas