Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

15K Service- Dealership Charges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011 | 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15K Service- Dealership Charges

Hello there- my Evo X has just come up for her 15K service interval. I've been reading up on the charges for these on the forums- the number 1 suggestion is to do the service yourself. Unfortunately that isn't an option for me.

I called up a couple of places and got price quotes:

Don Herring Irving- $389.95
Lewisville Mitsubishi- $199

Does anyone have any details on Lewisville Mitsubishi? That seems like a more reasonable price...

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Talk to EvolutionDynamics.

I mean you're talking an inspection + oil change + I'd change the diff and transfer case fluid.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 10:40 AM
Former Sponsor

we can do the 15k service for you if your interested (and costs less). here is what i would change out:

tranny fluid - service is 15k if its driven hard, same goes with the two below
transfercase fluid
rear diff fluid

engine oil - depending on when your last oil change was

inspect brake pads and tires. cause both the oem pads/tires wear out fast.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

I'd double check on that price from Lewisville. That sounds more along the lines of the LANCER 15k mile service and not the EVO 15k mile service. As goofygrin said, talk to Evolution Dynamics and see what they can do or even Cobb Tuning in Plano. They can both do the work but what they charge is beyond me.

*edit* Looks like ED is here for you!

As far as what to change: oil, oil filter, check air filter, check cabin air filter, check for leaks all over the place, change transfer case fluid, change rear differential fluid, and I would even change the tranny fluid as well since you'll be under the car already and it's not all that difficult to do.

If you don't mind my asking, how come you can't do the service yourself? Is it lack of tools or you don't have a place to do the service at? I'm sure there are members here who could help you do it and/or even lend a place to get the service done. Or if you can hold up until we get the Newb Modding Day set up and planned, then you could have it done then.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't go to the stealership for those items. You will pay less at a performance shop. Hell, most of the time you can just ask members here for help doing it for the cost of a 12pk!
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 11:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Another factor you might consider is what are you getting for the 15k service. Some companies may quote a cheaper price and include fewer items. Many of our customers like to replace tranny, diff, and transfer case fluid at 15k and that's alll included in the 389. Also remember NTEC members get 10% off all labor and 15% off parts. Below is a full list of what's included at 389:

Replace Engine Oil
Replace Oil Filter
Replace Oil Drain Plug Gasket
Replace Engine Air Filter
Clean Throttle Body Assembly
Test Charging System and Service Battery
Top off All fluids
perform 27 point inspection
inspect coolant hoses and connections
inspect drive belts
inspect brake linings and rotors
lubricate door hinges
inspect under carriage/lube bushings
complimentary wash and vacuum
Replace Rear Diff Fluid
Replace Transfer Case Fluid
Replace Transmission Fluid

This is all performed by a Mitsubishi Master Tech in a Service Department that carries full garage liability to protect your investment

I'll match anyones price on maintenance as long as we're comparing apples to apples and still do it with Mitsu Master Techs in a shop with full garage liability.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
I wouldn't go to the stealership for those items. You will pay less at a performance shop. Hell, most of the time you can just ask members here for help doing it for the cost of a 12pk!
Sorry, another post out of context. I was referring to Lewisville Mitsu when I was discussing "stealerships".

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
Another factor you might consider is what are you getting for the 15k service. Some companies may quote a cheaper price and include fewer items. Many of our customers like to replace tranny, diff, and transfer case fluid at 15k and that's alll included in the 389. Also remember NTEC members get 10% off all labor and 15% off parts. Below is a full list of what's included at 389:

Replace Engine Oil
Replace Oil Filter
Replace Oil Drain Plug Gasket
Replace Engine Air Filter
Clean Throttle Body Assembly
Test Charging System and Service Battery
Top off All fluids
perform 27 point inspection
inspect coolant hoses and connections
inspect drive belts
inspect brake linings and rotors
lubricate door hinges
inspect under carriage/lube bushings
complimentary wash and vacuum
Replace Rear Diff Fluid
Replace Transfer Case Fluid
Replace Transmission Fluid

This is all performed by a Mitsubishi Master Tech in a Service Department that carries full garage liability to protect your investment

I'll match anyones price on maintenance as long as we're comparing apples to apples and still do it with Mitsu Master Techs in a shop with full garage liability.
That is actually a great deal, I was quoted almost $500 for just the tranny, transfer, rear, and oil change, from the OTHER dealership...which is why I did it myself.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Apr 19, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
That's actually a pretty impressive list for under $400, especially considering you can still get the NTEC discount off that amount.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 12:25 PM

I love you guys.

I've always taken my Evo to Don Herring Irving, and have never had any complaints or problems. I didn't know about the NTEC discount though, so makes the cost better! Would I just have to mention it to the service guy as I come in?

Evo Dynamics sounds like an excellent deal too- I'll weigh the pros and cons (cost, time, driving distance from home/work). I should get it done this week.

I may come to the Newb Modding Day like rmondoh suggested and actually learn something for the next time I need an oil change.

Cheers, guys!
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FlyUndeadSheep
I may come to the Newb Modding Day like rmondoh suggested and actually learn something for the next time I need an oil change.
[Off Topic] Speaking of Newb Modding Day, are we ever going to have another one?[/Off Topic]
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FlyUndeadSheep
I didn't know about the NTEC discount though, so makes the cost better! Would I just have to mention it to the service guy as I come in?
Yup, the service and parts guys will know what you're talking about
Originally Posted by SiliconTek
[Off Topic] Speaking of Newb Modding Day, are we ever going to have another one?[/Off Topic]
Good question... This spring has been so busy, plus with PlanoEvo's broken car and parts taking up this garage space, we may need to make alternate arrangements.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kracka
Good question... This spring has been so busy, plus with PlanoEvo's broken car and parts taking up this garage space, we may need to make alternate arrangements.
Maybe hit up KevinD? That would be badass, I know at one time we talked about doing it when they were over at AWD, but I am not sure about the liability part.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Apr 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

we could put something together... although i don't like the idea of people doing their clutches in our shop definately having a get together to do fluid changes/basic installs/scheduled maintenance we can work out.
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

I'm working on firming up the next dyno-day date, once that's settled we'll pick a newb modding day date. Hopefully will be within the next few days!
Old Apr 19, 2011 | 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
we could put something together... although i don't like the idea of people doing their clutches in our shop definately having a get together to do fluid changes/basic installs/scheduled maintenance we can work out.
Sounds like we have a winner! Based on what has been done at previous modding days (hasn't been anything but fluids, easy installs, I think cams on a 9 were done once, etc), it looks like having it at Evolution Dynamics could be a nice spot!

/off topic

Quick Reply: 15K Service- Dealership Charges