Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Cowboy's Stadium Question

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 05:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cowboy's Stadium Question

Hi boys and girls... I am planning a trip for my father to Cowboys Stadium. He has been a Cowboys fan for longer than i've been alive.

Anyway, I am hoping one of you peeps can give me an idea of what are good seats. The prices range from like $75 to $700. Just hoping one of you guys could give me advice on where my money will be best spent. Hoping to keep tickets around $150.

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I had tickets near mid-field in the 15th row (lower deck) last season and honestly it was too close/low to get a good view of the game. Ideally, I like sitting in the first rows of the upper deck, obviously the closer to mid-field the better. Ticket prices do seem to vary greatly depending on who the visiting team is. When are you looking at coming?
Old May 6, 2011, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Just look for a Detroit Lions game. Nobody gives a flying **** about the Lions.
Old May 6, 2011, 08:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

hahaha i am aiming for the Rams game on oct 23.

Thanks Kracka, i was worried the upper deck would be too far away. I know at the new england stadium you are better off watching it from home then having seats in the upper deck - both front and back rows.
Old May 6, 2011, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
hahaha i am aiming for the Rams game on oct 23.

Thanks Kracka, i was worried the upper deck would be too far away. I know at the new england stadium you are better off watching it from home then having seats in the upper deck - both front and back rows.
remember, the jumbotron above the field is like 60 yards wide. anywhere in the stands is a better view then at home everyone says its hard to not watch the entire game on the big screen. its just so big!
Old May 6, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
remember, the jumbotron above the field is like 60 yards wide. anywhere in the stands is a better view then at home everyone says its hard to not watch the entire game on the big screen. its just so big!
This is true. We had upper level seats for when the NBA All-Star game was hosted there and it is VERY hard to not watch the screen. I probably spent most of my time watching the screen instead of the basketball court. I'm sure it's the exact same situation with football games.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I have several season tickets in the upper corner and the jumbotron is very visable. I dont think Im getting them again this year though. Club seats are good but pricey. If you decide to tailgate, the best lot is SIlver Lot 4, get there early and park near the sidewalk. Its always a good time.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You should get your season tickets so you can sell me the ones to the rams game for cheap
Old May 6, 2011, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

I went to a game last year, was given some $100 seats. They were mid-field, but way up top; I watched the entire game on the jumbotron. You should be prepared to spend quite a bit of money to go to the game, $300 for two tickets+ $50-100 for parking and another $100 for refreshments in the stadium. You gotta pay to play in Jerry's world! It was not worth it to me and I got the tix free, but I was not taking my father the Cowboy fan either... Just be prepared to fork over more cash than you'd think that you had too.

Last edited by TxEvo8; May 6, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 6, 2011, 01:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

cash isn't really an issue, i don't mind spending $150/tix. Parking is what it is. thanks for the info though, i think even if we end up staring at the massive jumbotron the whole time the experience will be worth it for him.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think they still do tours of the stadium. I have a couple buddies that went and I think it was free at the time but now they charge. A tour would be pretty cool for a huge fan.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:50 PM

I got a somewhat funny story about the first game I went to there, was last fall, my dad decided since he came to visit lets go to a game, well he ordered them a month in advanced and got as cheap as he could, cause he isn't really a cowboys fan in the first place, well we get to the stadium and I'm like lets see these tickets so he gave one to me and I was like, I laughed and said these are probably going to be way up top, and sure enough it was as high as you could get up top right in the center lol. And actually I wouldn't want any other seats but those, you could see everything and didn't have to worry about drunk people spilling or kicking the back of ya lol. So to be honest with you, if I ever go again which I'm sure I will, I'd get em' up top, unless you can get a big group to pay for the box office looking seats, but ya my suggestion is up top.
Old May 6, 2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by 05VIII
I think they still do tours of the stadium. I have a couple buddies that went and I think it was free at the time but now they charge. A tour would be pretty cool for a huge fan.
I went to a tour a couple years ago, I thought it was worth it probably cause I am a big fan but ya it was pretty cool to see it.
Old May 6, 2011, 05:06 PM

Make sure there's going to be an NFL season this year before you buy anything...