Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Pastrana 2011 Livery Launch - Eat That Block!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pastrana 2011 Livery Launch - Eat That Block!

This is hilarious! I love anyone making fun of Ken (Useless) Block!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNnLNf0OZrE
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Haha, WTF happened to the title?!
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by SiliconTek
Haha, WTF happened to the title?!
Fixed...better?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 02:27 PM

You may not like Ken Block, but he has done exactly what they wanted. Bring a whole bunch of attention to rally car-esque events. Yes car guys have know about WRC forever, but now I can go to work and talk about "rally cars" with co-workers and they at least have a baseline knowledge more than "what't that?". He is a master at marketing, and did just that market himself, and along the way increase exposure for a sport in America.

Also, Ken Block is co-owner and Chief brand officer for DC shoes. DC sponsors Pastrana's new ride, as well as past cars/bikes. Once again another marketing video.

Last edited by krisiun; Jun 21, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Krisiun, did you ever get your car dynoed after you had it tuned without the accessport?
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:42 PM

I will shortly, I had it switched to openport rather quickly so I could get the surge tank added for a track event. I was looking to having to pay for two different tunes if I stayed with the accessport, as well as not being able to tweak the tune because it was locked.

You have to remember that I have added an intercooler since I was dynoed at Cobb. I want to say there isn't that huge of a power difference, but the way the car drives is night and day difference. The trans is acting like I would expect it. Not to say Cobb's trans tuning is bad, but I prefer what GST and subsequently EvoD has done for the SST. It's cool to have good dyno numbers, but I am more worried about how the car drives and performs on the track (think of the ago old joke about Supras, what do a 600hp, 800hp, 1000hp and 1200hp all have in common....11 second time slips). The opensource trans tuning by EvoD is superior to what Cobb did about a year ago. Cobb/Calvin were working on some changes so I can't comment on their current stuff.

I am adding ID injectors and retuning for E85, so I should have 92 Oct and e85 dyno's here shortly.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

regardless of marketing tactics, or who has hotter girls (obviously Pastrana wins there). Pastrana is a MUCH better driver than block, and block is a better promoter. but really, who cares. Pastrana ftgdmfw!!!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stwhollywood
Pastrana is a MUCH better driver than block, and block is a better promoter. but really, who cares. Pastrana ftgdmfw!!!
I like to think that if a dick had legs and could walk around it would look just like Block. He even has the matching nut patch on his chin.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Block, try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlSG...e_gdata_player
Old Jun 24, 2011, 06:37 AM

Holy butt pucker batman. I would have been able to squeeze out a diamond if that happened to me. That is incredible driving skill there.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Some badass driving right there!
Old Jun 25, 2011, 10:53 PM

This thread kind of makes me chuckle... I've met both Travis and Ken many times at rallies through the years (as well as Mark Higgins from the Isle of Man TT video, and Mark's younger brother David). All of those guys are good people.

I'd say Ken is one of the most genuine people I've ever met. He had some success in business with DC Shoes and so he decided to follow his dreams of competing in high level motorsport. Never understood why people resent him for that. I've seen Ken spend literally hours with fans, Travis too. Never seen either of those guys be anything less than good sportsmen.

For the record when they were teammates Pastrana had more pure speed but Block had a much better finishing record. If you think Block has a hard time finishing a WRC event think of what Pastrana would be like...
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

That was some brilliant driving and a great save bu Higgins. A lot of drivers could not have pulled that off.

Racing the isle of Man is near suicide, scraping along curbs, hedges, and brick walls at 150 MPH (even faster on a bike), so it's good to see nothing bad happened.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wjaehnig
This thread kind of makes me chuckle... I've met both Travis and Ken many times at rallies through the years (as well as Mark Higgins from the Isle of Man TT video, and Mark's younger brother David). All of those guys are good people.

I'd say Ken is one of the most genuine people I've ever met. He had some success in business with DC Shoes and so he decided to follow his dreams of competing in high level motorsport. Never understood why people resent him for that. I've seen Ken spend literally hours with fans, Travis too. Never seen either of those guys be anything less than good sportsmen.

For the record when they were teammates Pastrana had more pure speed but Block had a much better finishing record. If you think Block has a hard time finishing a WRC event think of what Pastrana would be like...
Thanks for that, it was way more than I would ever care to know about Block. Glad you got a laugh, sorry you were somewhat offended enough about your man crush to create an account just to come out in public.

I think everyone somehow thought I was talking about his marketing skills. I wasn't, I was specifically making fun of his driving skill with respect to real drivers like Pastrana, Foust, More, etc.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Jun 26, 2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 08:47 PM

I must have missed the hate on Ken Block bandwagon...

Funny video though, especially since DC and Pastrana are partners

Quick Reply: Pastrana 2011 Livery Launch - Eat That Block!