Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Going for a record...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, that's what all 3 of those Saturday's were because they were late at night like 1-3am. They aren't technically "profiling" you based on their definition of profiling (race/gender/religion) even though they absolutely are profiling you based on your vehicle. I was so pissed after the last time that after filing formal written complaints because it was happening so much in Colleyville, especially with the same officer, that I would sue them the next time it happened. Since early this year I haven't been followed or bothered by any Colleyville PD so I can only assume that after the 2nd complaint within a couple weeks and my justified threat that the word on the street was leave the dude in the RG evo alone.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

i used to get all kinds of bad attention from the police... of course there's a reason. and when i do see officers, they leave me alone. cause i don't do **** wrong. we must be living in another state, cause the one i'm in, if you obey the rules, and you don't be a fool, you don't get caught.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

msr, eagles canyon, hallett, those are roads for fast driving.

(and if you're out around 2am on any day, you're probably more likely to find trouble, or it find you) than at 8 pm or even midnight

plus, although "people" are getting smarter as time goes, unfortunately, this only applies to a small percentage of our population of morons. therefor, speed limit of 85 or people not being stupid a holes? not happening. ever

Last edited by chad99evo; Jul 25, 2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by chad99evo
i have a cost free solution that will keep you from getting tickets AND it saves gas...
Yep. And if I had any will power in me to do that I probably wouldn't have bought the Evo in the first place!

I try to be careful, I really do, but it's hard when you're going the speed of traffic with everyone else (which is 80 on Hwy 360 and 121). Now I have to be more careful because this car stands out so much.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 05:43 PM

speed limit of 85 or people not being stupid a holes? not happening. ever
You haven't been keeping up on current events. The 85 MPH limit is already happening, just not on every road.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

oops lol...
i thought the discussion was still happening on it

doesn't 85 seem excessive for the majority of unaware, apathetic, slow moving texan drivers....

i wonder if the accidents will increase or decrease in that, keeping in mind the discussion of unaware drivers in slower moving cars around faster moving cars. would the higher speed mean worse accidents? or will unaware people be shocked enough that they are traveling at speed and pay attention(without driving slow). my guess is, itll be just as bad as anywhere else, like people who go 55mph on 161. but if people cant pay attention enough to read "70" on a highway, would they even notice the one that says "85?"

I try to be careful, I really do, but it's hard when you're going the speed of traffic with everyone else (which is 80 on Hwy 360 and 121). Now I have to be more careful because this car stands out so much.
even people who don't know what the evo is exactly, know its subarus rival, with a fat, loud exhaust and lots of power. i would think an officer more likely pick it, than bob and debbies grey altima going 80 as well.

Last edited by chad99evo; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:40 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

i used to get all kinds of bad attention from the police... of course there's a reason. and when i do see officers, they leave me alone. cause i don't do **** wrong. we must be living in another state, cause the one i'm in, if you obey the rules, and you don't be a fool, you don't get caught.
I outlined what I was doing in all of those above scenarios...nothing wrong in any of them. The "problem" is having a bright orange Evo with a loud exhaust and the big factory spoiler. It's still harassment because there is no probable cause to stop me.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

oh that just comes with the car, the salesman didnt tell you?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

put on a grey wig and hunch over the steering wheel.

Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:58 PM

I just hope the cops here are better than the ones in Colorado. I got pulled over in my GG IX MR for "noise pollution" (with STOCK exhaust) and the cop asked me if my husband knew I was driving his car (I am single, it was my car). ><
Old Jul 28, 2011, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by BambiTLK
I just hope the cops here are better than the ones in Colorado. I got pulled over in my GG IX MR for "noise pollution" (with STOCK exhaust) and the cop asked me if my husband knew I was driving his car (I am single, it was my car). ><
They don't care too much about noise here, from what I've seen. They have far too many other "excuses" to use to pull us over.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

WOW I would have gotten that COP FIRED..In like three phone calls. Thats BS.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Supraboy1
WOW I would have gotten that COP FIRED..In like three phone calls. Thats BS.
Yeah...I filed a complaint, but nothing became of it.

Originally Posted by Bullett
They don't care too much about noise here, from what I've seen. They have far too many other "excuses" to use to pull us over.
In Colorado, loud exhaust or loud music seems like the default BS excuse to get pulled over. I went to court with documents showing my car was stock, and street legal, and the DA dropped the ticket. But I had to take time off of work to do that. I think most people would have just paid the fine, and that's what they're banking on.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 08:28 PM

In Colorado, loud exhaust or loud music seems like the default BS excuse to get pulled over. I went to court with documents showing my car was stock, and street legal, and the DA dropped the ticket. But I had to take time off of work to do that. I think most people would have just paid the fine, and that's what they're banking on.
It's what they always bank on. That's why my lawyer's on speed dial. I get a icket, my next stop is my lawyer's office. I'd rather give him $45-$75 for a ticket than just hand my cash to the city.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Here is some interesting info as well use it how you see fit. You get a ticket and pay the fine 100% of the moeny goes to the City or County. You ask for defered; 100% of the money goes to the same places.

You ask for a JURY trial and 100% of the money goes to the state NOT the city if you lose. I generally take care of my own tickets unless they are in far off places that I dont want to go like Colleyville.

If the DA wont work with you for a fair defered ask for a jury trial and suddenly WOW they are all about giving you defered even when they didnt before.

Quick Reply: Going for a record...