Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Pointless NTEC chat thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:09 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its the pointless thread and you know you can always share stuff. She didnt really go for making it a power machine but made the wrex alot nicer and comfy ride to drive.

You guys are quite lucky with having many shops around You dont have to grab a few things and haul it down and get it all done. Financially it helps a lot as you can just buy them one at a time, pay off then grab another piece. It's hard to just buy them one at a time for me as not only will i be staring at them but also saving up a chunk versus piece by piece is not that great haha. After I pay off my blitz touch brain and passport 9500ix, gonna go the hard way and order them one at a time...

edit: Instead of making another post just wrote that instead.

After all I might move down there at the end of the year... I have been quite tired of NWA area for a year and been looking at places all over the country. My initial plan was to finish up my 27 credit hours and just go wherever as long as it is not Arkansas. I lived in Istanbul for over 10 years and I kinda miss the city chaos sometimes but that is just a plane away fix which I already do but... What I cannot do is to live in a suburb and drive to the city in 30 minutes to get my chaos fill in. My plan is to get a desk job at the bureau after graduation which could lead me anywhere but plans always change which I can confirm from my own experience... for the better or worse. The only thing I do know is that I do not want to be stuck in AR.

I looked around for some houses in the plano/allen ( which are pretty much the only two areas that I spend some time in lol) area but oh man, it ranges from 90k to 4 mill. I was wondering if any of you guys would suggest me to look for a specific area that is decent? The only thing I care about a house is to have a 2 car garage and is between 100k to 200k. Job wise, I am not really worried about it as I do have the opportunity to start my own business (ei: restaurant or bakery) and the fact that Dallas area isnt like NWA where if you dont work for JB Hunt, Walmart and/or vendors to Walmart, Tyson or University of Arkansas you are pretty much in a dead end job that only allows you so much. I am not saying that everyone in Dallas is hiring but I am just saying there are more places than 4 places that hires Bachelor of Arts/Science degree plus... in the Dallas area.

It is hard to explain how the people over here are if you have never lived in a smaller place than the Dallas area. People are nice and all but it still doesnt cut it. I do miss the "city" people. I sometimes feel like I have been put in a cage of chickens at a Tyson plant... and believe me I have tried EVERYTHING to love this place... It really hasnt brought me anything... It did bring some good memories but they were shadowed and annihilated by the bad ones... Except for August 18th 2010, which believe you guys could guess what THAT date is Hint, why I have been a member of the forums . Anyhow... I would appreciate any tips or hints about places to look at or other things. Oh and of course another good thing is that my evo wont have to travel 600 miles (back and forth) to get anything done on it... I can simply get anything done, whenever I want and without staying at hotel rooms and waking up next to some girl from starbucks the other night trying to remember wtf happened last night... In case that does happen, I will be at my own house and be glad for at least being at home and not some random hotel.

Last edited by T6; Aug 28, 2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Kracka
If you care, which you probably don't, but I'll share anyways since this is the pointless chat thread, her current WRX mods include:

intake
turboback (catless) exhaust
lowering springs
rear swaybar
pink strut brace
short-shifter
shifter-bushings
intercooler
dyno tune
and probably some other crap I'm forgetting
It's bad enough that I waste money on cars; I can't imagine what our finances would look like if my wife did, too.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by T6
I looked around for some houses in the plano/allen ( which are pretty much the only two areas that I spend some time in lol) area but oh man, it ranges from 90k to 4 mill. I was wondering if any of you guys would suggest me to look for a specific area that is decent? The only thing I care about a house is to have a 2 car garage and is between 100k to 200k.
Add Frisco, The Colony, and Carrrollton to your list of cities to look in. We moved here from Minneapolis, MN not quite two years ago and couldn't be happier.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

don't forget McKinney and if you want to go further north and away from the city -- Prosper.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a lot more inexpensive housing in the Ft. Worth area or south around Jim. Might be worth looking there too. A lot depends on where you'll work (or start your business). Personally I'd rent when you first get here. You can rent a house or an apartment/townhome with a garage pretty easily (we had one). If you like the urban feel, Uptown is really picking up and I know quite a few people moving down there (and they have garages).

Got home. Long drive.

Best picture IMO:
Pointless NTEC chat thread-yo04j.jpg
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by rmondoh
I thought it was a better deal to buy a WRX and mod it up to STi status as you get more bang for your buck that way or was that only for the 2008 models?
A lot of upgrades from the factory on the STi over the regular WRX. Not sure if it would be cost effective to buy the WRX and upgrade it to the STi.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Very cool pic Goofy! I bet it was a fun drive home.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 06:48 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input all. Being a noob that I am when it comes to looking for a house (first time) I dont need to be rushing it from what I could understand haha. Renting an apt/townhouse with a garage to start off would be a really good idea as I would get familiar with the surroundings and can easily do open houses and research more instead of looking at pictures online...

2 months ago I actually went to Fargo and drove to Minneapolis for a night. Man the roads are way too straight and it does feel like the earth is flat haha.

How was the long drive with the Porsche goofy? I bet it was worth it
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:34 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
That's exactly what my wife and I are doing. Makes far more sense to find an apartment with a garage and not rush into a house until you know the area well.

Originally Posted by T6
Thanks for the input all. Being a noob that I am when it comes to looking for a house (first time) I dont need to be rushing it from what I could understand haha. Renting an apt/townhouse with a garage to start off would be a really good idea as I would get familiar with the surroundings and can easily do open houses and research more instead of looking at pictures online...

2 months ago I actually went to Fargo and drove to Minneapolis for a night. Man the roads are way too straight and it does feel like the earth is flat haha.

Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:47 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
That's exactly what my wife and I are doing. Makes far more sense to find an apartment with a garage and not rush into a house until you know the area well.
Let me know how it turns out. I got time till February to be exact, so there is time to figure things out on my end.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by T6
~2000 miles. We did it in 2 big stretches, 1000 miles Saturday, 700 miles Sunday.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 09:47 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
~2000 miles. We did it in 2 big stretches, 1000 miles Saturday, 700 miles Sunday.
That is a long drive lol.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

No power steering, no power brakes, no cruise control, AC that got to about 20* below ambient, no arm rest, no ipod hookup on the radio, no insulation/sound deadening.

It was a manly trip
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
You are late to the game sir...

Looks like Fuzzy's!!!!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

There's a menu though?

I bet Fuzzy's is colder (man the beers on tap you get there form ice crystals.... so good)

Quick Reply: Pointless NTEC chat thread