Jotech Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jotech and free don't go together
Old Oct 16, 2011, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took my prelude there once and picked up a couple parts in the past. I heard both good and bad about the shop. I heard about motors blowing left and right then again I hear stories that they do great work. I guess it depends on what you want done to your car. Yes, JoTech is pricey though their customer service is very good and professional. If you have money check them out but I wouldnt take my car their for something big as in building a motor for me. I would take that to Cobb.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

They have done a few little things on my car such as boost leaks and small installs. The work has been good and the prices pretty high but they have always been extremely convenient for me. Their customer service IMO is great and yes they are exspensive especially compared to EvoD. They have been and always will be a good second option for me unless they do something drastically wrong to my car.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:49 AM

I have been a Jotech customer since my ex husband and I brought his old R33 GTR back from Japa 5 years ago. Kenny did awesome work on his GTR which made me comfortable with them working on my Evo X MR. They have always been like family to me, great customer service and I trust them. I don't know many of the new guys in the back of the shop since a couple of their guys quit a few months back, but I know they do good work when it comes to simple bolt ons. I have even had my car dynoed there a few times without issue. Now...when I get my clutch pack put in on my car soon I will go to T1, I love the guys at Jotech but they like you guys have said...don't mess with Evos all the time, especially MRs. They have transformed more into a GTR/high end shop. Still love the guys and I will still go for minor work if I am ever back in Dallas...but for my tranny build I am going somewhere else. Yes, they are expensive, but it's no worse than going to some stealership for maint done. Just my 2 cents.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

I got way to many PM's about how ****ty they are. I decided to go with Evolution Dynamics, they took care of me and I am 100% heppy!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by SiliconTek
I got way to many PM's about how ****ty they are. I decided to go with Evolution Dynamics, they took care of me and I am 100% heppy!

Yeah, Kevin and the crew will never do you wrong, they'll damn near bend over backwards to help you.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SiliconTek

good to hear you turned to the darkside so to speak.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:07 PM

I heard evolution dynamics jacked up a bunch of evos myself. But everyone has different experiences. Only way to know is to check out the shops yourself.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

All I can say is they took care of mine. Very fast service, I had them install a new clutch, motor mounts, sway bars, and new CMC. In on Monday out on Wednesday!
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by kajida
I heard evolution dynamics jacked up a bunch of evos myself. But everyone has different experiences. Only way to know is to check out the shops yourself.

I probalby know of a few you are talking about. The ones i KNOW of, were not EvoD's fault, sent the engine off to have built by others, like buscher, comes back and they install it and some have broken. I have not heard of an engine actually built by EvoD broken yet.

Edit: Also, defence for any shop who builds engines, really. Problems will occure, they can't control the casting and molding of parts they buy, I've heard of brand name parts breaking with less then half the power they are rated for.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kajida
come out to the track sometime and you'll see what we are all about. we are almost always the only shop out there pushing the evos to the limit. we know the car better then any shop in DFW, and our customers results show
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
come out to the track sometime and you'll see what we are all about. we are almost always the only shop out there pushing the evos to the limit. we know the car better then any shop in DFW, and our customers results show
I couldn't agree more Kevin.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lude2evo
i couldn't agree more kevin.

+ 1.