Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Jotech Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jotech Motorsports

Anyone had any good/bad experiences with them, more specifically working on cars?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

I know Kenny Tran on a somewhat personal level and only have good things to say about him. Upstanding guy and very knowledgeable. He has been at every Cars and Coffee meet that I went to, so there is a good opportunity to talk to him.

The only experience I have with him deals with Nissan Cars. My old boss has a 350Z that he tracks and goes there for everything. I don't know there reputation with Evo's, but I'm sure the work is of the highest quality.

Just took a look at their website and prices seem really high. But I'm sure that comes with the backing of the shop. Seems like Cobb would be a better choice if you wanted to spend that kind of money. (Just me .02)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

why? your changing directions....
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ak47m203
why? your changing directions....
They work on a lot of high profile cars, I was just curious if they go that extra mile like PTP (Texas Track Works) does.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Free professional detail with every staged package!

I find it a bit odd their Stage 1 doesn't include any tuning considering MAF scaling from stock to a 3" intake is different and leaning out anything but a 2008 can be risky. Just tuning a stock car would probably be worth more gains than installing a few bolt-ons with the stock tune.

I've heard mostly good things about them, not much when it comes to Evos though. The majority of the time they come up seems to be regarding fast Hondas.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:49 AM

I've seen mixed things from them, I've seen blown up engines and not so quality stuff and on the same side, I've seen them do really well with other cars, usually huigher end stuff, like GTRs. But they are crazy expensive now-a-days. Persoanly, I'd recommend EvoD.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Jose, trying PM-ing Kajida. I think she had all her Evo X MR worked on there (installations and tuning). I'm not sure if she still checks NTEC since she moved away but if she sees this, she will probably chime in.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the input guys! I am not so much interested in their tuning abilities, as I am more than happy with self tuning. I guess I should have stated that I was more interested in their installations, you know do they use the right tools for the job, stand behind their work, etc.

I really wish PTP did more engine work, I have been nothing but impressed with them.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Jotech does great work. I've known those guys for 6 or so years. I have a few buddies that had 350z nissans and hondas built there. I know they have a couple of X's they have done.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

you might hear a few thing like they are trying to install front and rear sway bar later they send that car to Cobb, who knows it's true or not. their installation is expensive.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need $$$$ to go there. I use them for small things like gaskets, lugs, etc. All quotes iv been given were very high for simple work.

One bad experience was my car fell off their dyno and put flat spots on the passenger side tires. I didn't realize until I started driving home. Went back the next day and he didn't believe me at first, but after inspecting it he ordered me a tire. Had to pay for mounting and balancing myself. At the time I only thought it was the front tire with a flat spot but turned out to be the rear too. Went back next day and he said he wouldn't cover the rear tire because there was no way both tires got flat spots after sliding off the dyno.

They were brand new tires...less than 500 miles on them
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
^WTF? That's insane.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:49 PM

They performed a portion of my 60K service when I first moved here. I just had cams installed last week only to find out that the timing belt was not correctly aligned nor was it tightened all the way...

...and yes they are very expensive. Nice guys but it's hard to give a glowing review when basic maintenance is screwed up. For Evo needs I would stick with EvoD.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Well, between those and the PM's I received, I will respectfully pass. I was trying to find out for some AX buddies of mine that don't drive boosted cars.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

I know some guys who drive ms3's and ms6's who go there to get an e85 and 93 octane blend done since mazdas cant run e85 safely. I havent heard any issues yet for the work. One guy said jotech charges $500 for the first tune and every tune afterwards is free with the exception of labor but dont quote me on it

Quick Reply: Jotech Motorsports