Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Avoid NTB @ 635/MacArthur like the plague!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid NTB @ 635/MacArthur like the plague!

Attached my email to NTB corporate and also filed a complaint with Tire Rack.

The long and short of it:

"Good Morning,

I purchased a set of Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs in 275/35-18 from Tire Rack since they are the only supplier for that tire and NTB was suggested as an installer. I picked them up at the NTB in Keller, Texas and they were very nice and professional and then took them to the NTB off i635/MacArthur in Irving, Texas to get them installed which is where my car was.

I had a terrible experience with those idiots at that particular location. They initially tried to tell me it was going to be more than the pricing Tire Rack guaranteed to mount the 35 sidewall profile tires because they were a 275 width and were difficult to mount, then they told me their tire installer didn’t want to mess with mounting them because he was only making $0.20/tire for mounting and it was a hard tire to mount. The clerk told me their tire installer had worked at that location for 13 years, if that is true he certainly should have been more then capable of handling the install of some aggressive street tires…and if not…should have been fired a long time ago!

After wasting 30 minutes with them deliberating on if the regular counter clerk could convince the tire installed to do his job I asked to speak to the manager and the manager would not directly speak with me; Instead he and the counter clerk discussed in the background and I waited another 30 minutes with nothing happening. The manager still didn’t speak to me in any way, did not force his tire installer to install the tires like he should have, and I finally got pissed off, got his card, told him I would be filing a formal complaint with NTB corporate and Tire Rack.

They were just waiting it out for me to get fed up and leave so that they didn’t have to make the guy install the tires. That is his job-to install tires. It is not my problem that he doesn’t make more per tire install from NTB and that should never be an issue. If I bring tires to a tire installer, there should be no deliberation or democracy on if they want to install them or not, they get paid to install tires and that’s what they should be doing without questions or complaints. The manager should have made his employee install the tires and if not told his employee he would be jobless if he did not do what he was supposed to. I would NEVER have this problem at Discount Tire which is where I ended up having to take my tires the next morning after being forced to leave my car out in Irving because it was unsafe to drive back to Keller, TX in its condition with the old tires and because those idiots at that NTB location refused to handle the situation. This was at 6:30pm on Friday afternoon the 20th, they close at 9pm so it wasn’t like they didn’t have time to get them installed since I was one of two people in the store and there were at least 4 shop employees on duty plus the manager and 1 counter clerk.

I’d also like to point out that at Discount Tire, the managers were courteous at all times and spoke directly with me, there were no complaints in any way when the installers were asked to mount and balance those 275/35-18, and they got the job done quickly and correctly without any fuss. I informed Tire Rack of this situation and recommend that if NTB doesn’t have qualified personnel to install performance tires at their places of business they should not be included on the recommend installer list.

I can guarantee you that I will never do any business or refer any business to NTB ever again. I will also be sharing my experience with everyone on the national Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution forums and North Texas Evolution Club and advise them to avoid NTB like the plague.

I am severely dissatisfied with my experience at NTB and hope that some action is taken against that particular location with both the management and tire installer on site to ensure that the problem is resolved as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me with any other questions you have about the incident via email.

Thanks,"

Basically NTB @ 635/MacArthur sucks ***** and I will never do business with any NTB again period. I'd suggest you guys stick to Discount Tire or other trusted installers. The only reason I ever went in the first place was because I needed the tires mounted Friday evening and Discount closes at 6pm.

~Trent
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear bud. It may be a few thousand miles, but let me know if you ever need anything mounted, balanced, etc. I may not even charge you depending on the work.

-David
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I hate all NTBs! There is something Fkd up about how they run their stores.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd really like to see the response you get! Post it up!

-Acree
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I never had single issue with NTB. Frisco, colony, lewisville and carrollton. Sorry to hear that.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

my dad got me a 1 yr alignment as a gift without me knowing..... i went to the one on 35 by lewisville mitsu and the kid took my car for 10 ****ing minutes after an alignment! (on valet mode) 10 minutes after an alignment, and it wasn't even straight, the car dog tracked..... NTB just needs to be shut down in general. The one off 121 thinks you can do an alignment WITHOUT removing the slip pins but WONDERS WHY the car doesnt always align right... they said it's a "chance thing." funny, i learned in school how to do it, we remove all slip pins.... THE MACHINE EVEN TELLS YOU HOW/WHAT TO DO AND IN WHAT ORDER. NTB sucks!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pirana
i hate all ntbs! There is something fkd up about how they run their stores.
+1
Old Aug 1, 2012, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
DISCOUNT TIRE ALL THE WAY-- Love these guys for the small things-- like ordering tires for my wifes truck and just installing them when they came in without asking her any questions-- and fixing my kids flat even though it wasnt their tire, but I was their customer-- i told them both--and they did it for free.. My kind of shop, hell I would buy a franchise if they did them.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Cobb and EvoD both mount/balance tires; I've had TireRack ship directly to both.

Why did you ship to one NTB, but use another for mounting?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Chef-j
I never had single issue with NTB. Frisco, colony, lewisville and carrollton. Sorry to hear that.
The Colony NTB location was great to me when I needed something done ASAP; so was the Frisco one off 121.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Some NTB employees are complete douche!

The sad thing is that they will rotate anybody when needed. The people up front are all money hungry. I can understand why they did that to the OP. They don't care if the tire tech is making a few cents. That means he is making nada!
Old Aug 2, 2012, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

I agree Trent was treated poorly based on his post, I also have to say that this situation of buying tires off the internet and expecting someone to do all the labor for virtually nothing is just silly. That would be like me buying 500 bucks in groceries at Kroger and pushing the cart to Tom Thumb and asking them to bag them up for a few bucks.

I don't know how those guys at NTB are paid but I would guess they are paid book hours at a certain rate. What was the cost told to you to mount and balance 4 tires? Obviously you got them done elsewhere, so all is good.

Last edited by Supraboy1; Aug 2, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Acree
I'd really like to see the response you get! Post it up!

-Acree
I got a call from NTB about a week after the incident and NTB corporate had routed my complaint to the wrong location...he said he would notify them and then I never heard another word...Also never heard a word or apology from Tire Rack for continuing to use NTB even with their ****ty service.

Originally Posted by Kracka
Cobb and EvoD both mount/balance tires; I've had TireRack ship directly to both.

Why did you ship to one NTB, but use another for mounting?
Partial blow-out on my way to work Thursday morning, lost a piece of the inside edge of the tire all the way around...didn't want to risk driving it back 25miles in that condition so I had them shipped to the closest one to my house, picked up my tires in my truck and then had a buddy drive them to the NTB by work and I limped the Evo the 2-3 miles to that NTB and eventually down the street to Discount Tire.

Originally Posted by Supraboy1
I agree Trent was treated poorly based on his post, I also have to say that this situation of buying tires off the internet and expecting someone to do all the labor for virtually nothing is just silly. That would be like me buying 500 bucks in groceries at Kroger and pushing the cart to Tom Thumb and asking them to bag them up for a few bucks.

I don't know how those guys at NTB are paid but I would guess they are paid book hours at a certain rate. What was the cost told to you to mount and balance 4 tires? Obviously you got them done elsewhere, so all is good.
It was $17/tire quoted from Tire Rack and even after I offered to tip the guy an extra $20 to mount the stuff since they were *****ing about not being paid enough through Tire Rack they still wouldn't do it.