Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Canexican
I don't know if it is going to be enough. This is the forecast from Wunderground.com (its > weather.com):

Today
Snow showers likely. Snow accumulation around an inch. Brisk with highs in the mid 30s. Temperature falling into the lower 20s this afternoon. West winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

Tonight
Cloudy. Snow showers likely in the evening...then a chance of snow showers after midnight. Additional snow accumulation around an inch. Blustery. Near steady temperature in the lower 20s. West winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Friday
Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of snow showers. Little or no additional snow accumulation. Highs in the upper 20s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.

Friday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows around 18. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

It said snow is likely on saturday, but that may be cutting it close. I dunno, how much snow do you need for a snowX?
IMO, you need alot. And judging by how much was on the ground when we went a few weeks ago, we would need about the same to insure that the bare ground would not show. Id say there was a good 9-10 inches on the ground and a good 5 or so that formed the track path. Last thing you would want would be to slide at a weird angle and then all of a suddent hit a bare patch of ground, or even worse, only have 1 or so wheels hit the bare ground while the others are sliding/spinning/accelerating.

Im sure Justin wont mind:

Last edited by MR. Tim; Feb 19, 2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Doesn't matter if we get a foot - I already cancelled

Canexican - why don't you call Beaverun and see if they will hold the VDA for you on the promise you will send payment to them??
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going to look at posey075 's evo mr tomorrow. Car is completely stock. Has anyone seen or driven the car?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stevers
I am going to look at posey075 's evo mr tomorrow. Car is completely stock. Has anyone seen or driven the car?
Yeah - nice car, should work out well for you....
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stevers
Ditto, i met him/saw his car about a year ago at Baierl. Pristine condition. Flawless to the point that he had the BBS rims repainted to fix the scratches from wheel weights. That car would be a very safe bet.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

He's selling his MR? How come?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dennyt4
Doesn't matter if we get a foot - I already cancelled

Canexican - why don't you call Beaverun and see if they will hold the VDA for you on the promise you will send payment to them??
Ahhhh man. I feel like a dick about that. If I there was snow on the ground and it looked like there would have been a 90% chance of us going, I'd have sent that cash over right away, I swear. But my money is pretty tight at the moment and I didn't want to part with it if I didn't have to...even if it is 35 bucks . Hey, look at the bright side, at least you don't have to go through the hassle of refunding my money.

OH, and put me down for that potential snowX on the 28th. You know I'm good for it .
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Ahhhh man. I feel like a dick about that. If I there was snow on the ground and it looked like there would have been a 90% chance of us going, I'd have sent that cash over right away, I swear. But my money is pretty tight at the moment and I didn't want to part with it if I didn't have to...even if it is 35 bucks . Hey, look at the bright side, at least you don't have to go through the hassle of refunding my money.

OH, and put me down for that potential snowX on the 28th. You know I'm good for it .
HAHA

Eh - I cancelled all together and not rescheduling. It's too close to Spring and parts have started going on now. Not worried about it.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Denny how are you liking the 08 Sti by the way?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Why would Posey sell that car? It's pristine.

If I was buying I'd give that one a good long look. He probably can ask for, and get pretty good coin for a car that clean.

Might even still have some warranty left on it too.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Denny how are you liking the 08 Sti by the way?
Hey Mike!

I love it actually. Doing a lot of suspension stuff right now and still waiting on my wheels to arrive. It's a really nice DD but needs a few upgrades

What's new?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:40 AM

Hey fellas,

I am considering swapping my intake for another or maybe returning to the stocker with a drop in. I currently have the adapter and filter from the K&N Typhoon system installed (with the stock rubber MAF pipe). I am just curious how many of you are running the stock box with a drop in?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Hey fellas,

I am considering swapping my intake for another or maybe returning to the stocker with a drop in. I currently have the adapter and filter from the K&N Typhoon system installed (with the stock rubber MAF pipe). I am just curious how many of you are running the stock box with a drop in?

I am Ian. Blitz drop in.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Hey fellas,

I did run the stock box but you do lose some up top - even though claims are you don't. My lbs/min on stock are box were 37/38 max and on open cone I am hitting 40/41 and I have seen as high as 42/43 so there is a def. gain. The trade off is increased IAT's but a proper heat shield would keep those down.

The typhoon adapter and filter probably isnt the best choice.....that intake from all angles plain sucks. I have an aem intake sitting around to sell, filter needs replaced but I had no issues with it. You can run it with the hard pipe or without it. The maf adapter is nice and not restrictive like some, filter from aem is a dry type and runs like 50 bucks.... Another good cone filter you can get are the ones that bolt directly to the maf, GST motorsports sells one I believe still but you would have to make your own bracket to support it. I am running the same filter now - a trip to home depot and a couple hrs. of work solved the mounting issue.

The perrin filter is another supposedly good one.....costs some $$$ though and not sure how much better it actually could be over the cheaper cone filters.

Air Filter Test:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post6530553

Last edited by travman; Feb 19, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Hey fellas,

i had the stock airbox with a k&n drop in. worked just fine for me till it got dirty. i was too lazy to clean it so i just tossed in one of the extra stock filters i had laying around.

travis may want to chime in here. he was doing a good bit of testing in his air flow rates for the stock air box vs and aftermarket intake. i believe he said he was able to flow a couple more lbs/min of air up top with the after market piece.

-edit- travis beat me to it. ;]

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet