Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Dan, thats exactly what i want. Thats why i'm trying to convince one of you guys to help me with this. I'd like to have someone around that can look and make changes if needed. I would be willing to learn some also if someone has the time to show me. But, i just want a decent starting point and someone to set up all this map switching stuff. The offer is open too you also if Travis is hesitant to do it. . I've spent $800 on 2 custom tunes from Big AL and as much i'm sure its not the greatest tune it works for me. Altho i kno it can be done better! So i'd rather give someone else some money to do alittle more then load a map in and say "see ya thanks goodbye". If nobody around want to do this i'll most likely go with CBRD. Mostly becuase i'm sure i can swing bye his shop on the way to the races and have him fine tune it if neccassary.

How about you Mitsumaster? The stuff you have told me about that you have done with the diffs leads me to believe you could tune the car just fine also?
Yeah most of the big tuners dont spend the time needed to get a car setup in part throttle transition areas.....They just whip out some wot areas and call it a day. Mostly because of the time it can take and would cost you a lot of $$$ for there time.

When you do these mt. runs are you able to run a logger? so you can view post run data...

I sent you a pm......we need to talk and get the details worked out.

Last edited by travman; Feb 22, 2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 07:55 AM
Account Disabled

Dan, thats exactly what i want. Thats why i'm trying to convince one of you guys to help me with this. I'd like to have someone around that can look and make changes if needed. I would be willing to learn some also if someone has the time to show me. But, i just want a decent starting point and someone to set up all this map switching stuff. The offer is open too you also if Travis is hesitant to do it. . I've spent $800 on 2 custom tunes from Big AL and as much i'm sure its not the greatest tune it works for me. Altho i kno it can be done better! So i'd rather give someone else some money to do alittle more then load a map in and say "see ya thanks goodbye". If nobody around want to do this i'll most likely go with CBRD. Mostly becuase i'm sure i can swing bye his shop on the way to the races and have him fine tune it if neccassary.

How about you Mitsumaster? The stuff you have told me about that you have done with the diffs leads me to believe you could tune the car just fine also?
I'm sure Travis and/or Mitsumaster can help you out a ton. I'm not local enough to help you out. Chad at CBRD would be worth the drive. I'm not one for the "email" tunes. I like to be in the car with the driver explaining to me what he wants and expects. Chad can help you do that. The other guys can help you edit the maps if you encounter any problems after the tune. Travis is very good at drive ability now. He's had a couple years messing with the stock ecu. I've been doing it since about 2001 to include the older mitsubishis. I think a good plan would be to have CBRD tune it. Chad is an ex racer, he knows what you want. Travis or somebody can then help teach you how to make small changes if/when needed. Ideally you only need 1 map for your setup. It should maximize off boost response, spool up, and have smooth power delivery everywhere. Maybe get with travis and have a GM 3-port and JDM map sensor installed for ecu boost and map switching for E85/gas switching on the fly. Also have him install the knock light so you know when something has gone awry.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 08:35 AM

Tune

Put a stand alone fuel management system in, I will run shotgun and live tune while you race up the hill..Will I need a helmet , and diaper for that???
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Jeremy,

Remember to use the map I sent you a while ago. Your map on the ecu is scrambled and locked by Al. It took some doing to get it working in ecuflash.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 04:54 PM
Account Disabled

If dynoflush scrambled his map he will need the immobilizer code so that any new map will actually run the car!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Jeremy,

Remember to use the map I sent you a while ago. Your map on the ecu is scrambled and locked by Al. It took some doing to get it working in ecuflash.
Dave i've never been able to open that file. I still have it but i've never seen it.

SO now what do i need to get a new map on the car? The imobilizer code? I'm alittle pissed now that we would do that without telling me.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

Al does a lot of things without telling customers. His mail in flash cost a friend of me a rod bearing during an autocross. The timing was atrocious. The magic 8's were just too much and the rod bearing went "knock knock" and nobody was home. Its pretty bad when your tuning style has earned a reputation in the community. See if travis can pull the map. If all goes well, and with some work, we should be able to unscramble it, unless he used Ecutek on it.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Dave i've never been able to open that file. I still have it but i've never seen it.

SO now what do i need to get a new map on the car? The imobilizer code? I'm alittle pissed now that we would do that without telling me.
I have a copy of your map.....and your immobilizer code is intact (just checked). So to put the patched rom on your ecu the fuel/timing and immobilizer needs copied into the new patched rom and flash the car and all will be fine.

You would be amazed of what "tuners" do and not tell you......I had to help get another locals ecu setup so he could pass inspection due to a "tuners" changes that should not be made.......Its irritating as the ecu is YOUR property I dont care what they are trying to protect, not like its rocket science or magic to tuning that they know what others don't.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
If dynoflush scrambled his map he will need the immobilizer code so that any new map will actually run the car!
immobilizer is easy to disable in the periphery........not the best way to go but at least there is an option.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:29 AM
Evolving Member

I would think the easiest way is to copy the pertinent tables from the original rom to a rom with the tepthera mods on it and then reflash it.

I do not know if you will need to use the activematrix unlocker tool to flash it back on. I did need to use it to get the map off.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

PGH Thread Rabbit Hunter.........

Die wabbit.......
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

forget wabbits. Party Goat is where it's at.

just look at this sexy beast.

Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

ATTENTION: Here is a great deal on auto-x tires for any of you that still race on street tires.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post6729979

Thats a great deal on some good tires. And the right size.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Holy Shat thats a nice price !!!!!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet