Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Dont really see it as a scam. If you paid for a service which you thought was unique, only to find it the exact same as many others then what did you pay for? R&D is out of the question after so many tunes.

Besides I could tell you 3 others rocking (a similar) tune, and they are all running almost 11's with bolt ons.
you can try to rationalize it away in any form you like. bottom line is that giving away a product that someone else developed and sells, for free when you have no rights or claim to it, is scamming/stealing.

besides i don't think that anyone has an expectation of uniqueness from a "base flash". it doesn't explicitly or implicitly say anything about customization.

-edit-

if you still think you're right then why don't you contact someone from dynoflash or buschur and tell them to chime in here and let us all know that it is ok to give their hard work away for free.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
you can try to rationalize it away in any form you like. bottom line is that giving away a product that someone else developed and sells, for free when you have no rights or claim to it, is scamming/stealing.

besides i don't think that anyone has an expectation of uniqueness from a "base flash". it doesn't explicitly or implicitly say anything about customization.

-edit-

if you still think you're right then why don't you contact someone from dynoflash or buschur and tell them to chime in here and let us all know that it is ok to give their hard work away for free.
I signed no binding contract. Dont go there on hard work, because then maybe a representative from JUN will chime in and ask the same question to them. Business is business. You can use your reason all day, but it is what it is.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

I signed no binding contract. Dont go there on hard work, because then maybe a representative from JUN will chime in and ask the same question to them. Business is business. You can use your reason all day, but it is what it is.
now you're just not even making any sense. what exactly does JUN have to do with this?

you don't need to sign a binding contract. it's a simple case of intellectual property rights. they created the product, they sell the product, it is their product. it is not yours to distribute as you see fit. i know you must see yourself as some type of evoM robin hood, fighting the big corporate tuner shops, but come on now. when you boil it all down, you're just a common thief trying to make friends by giving away something which does not belong to you, and that you have no right to pass along.

ask your girlfriend. isn't she in grad school for law or something?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Giving away a bro tune is more like handing out a virus. Like trying to make friends but instead, you give them herpes.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Not that I want to mess up the drama since it's been awhile, but you guys that have rolled the rear fenders, looking for input. I've read it's all about heating up the paint well and taking your time. Is it doable at home? Brian, Justin, Jeremy or anyone else with feedback? Where can you get the roller and good heat gun? Thanks guys!
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

now you're just not even making any sense. what exactly does JUN have to do with this?

you don't need to sign a binding contract. it's a simple case of intellectual property rights. they created the product, they sell the product, it is their product. it is not yours to distribute as you see fit. i know you must see yourself as some type of evoM robin hood, fighting the big corporate tuner shops, but come on now. when you boil it all down, you're just a common thief trying to make friends by giving away something which does not belong to you, and that you have no right to pass along.

ask your girlfriend. isn't she in grad school for law or something?
Not law.

Jun and BF272's are nearly identical. "simple case of intellectual property rights" Lets not start tooting big words out our bum hole now... it's a service, not a product anyways, I keep my ECU and it is simply "modified", thus the idea of it being a service and not a product.

I am not a hater of large corporations, i love what wal*mart does for us.

edit:
This is why patents are created. But then again, its like putting a patent on programming your universal remote. Anyone can do it, its to broad of a "product/service" to apply a specific patent on it.

Last edited by Peteypab2133; Mar 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I have the heat gun you can borrow, a variable temp one so you won't melt anything. lol. As for the roller, there is a suby guy that had one for rent but, i'm not sure if he found it. The rears are pretty easy actually if you heat if up enough. And i'd go get some touch up paint because it very easy to crack the paint.

As the EVO world turns. I really like it when you stay away Petey, Your logic is something to ponder.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Giving away a bro tune is more like handing out a virus. Like trying to make friends but instead, you give them herpes.
I said a couple names. I never pinpointed exactly who's tune it is. Could by my secret sauce for all we know
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
I have the heat gun you can borrow, a variable temp one so you won't melt anything. lol. As for the roller, there is a suby guy that had one for rent but, i'm not sure if he found it. The rears are pretty easy actually if you heat if up enough. And i'd go get some touch up paint because it very easy to crack the paint.

As the EVO world turns. I really like it when you stay away Petey, Your logic is something to ponder.
I just may borrow that Jeremy, trying to see if it's worth the effort to get 275's under the evo. I have 9.5" wheels so that should be fine just double checking the negatives.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

I stay away till i get bored and need to argue. I know there is always an opportunity to do so on here. And seeing that I still own an evo i dont mind chatting with fellow evo owners on the local Pittsburgh meet thread.

speaking of logic. in 1966 spock said.. "Congratulations on a dazzling display of logic"

Are you congratulating me on my dazzling display of logic?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Not law.

Jun and BF272's are nearly identical. "simple case of intellectual property rights" Lets not start tooting big words out our bum hole now... it's a service, not a product anyways, I keep my ECU and it is simply "modified", thus the idea of it being a service and not a product.

I am not a hater of large corporations, i love what wal*mart does for us.

edit:
This is why patents are created. But then again, its like putting a patent on programming your universal remote. Anyone can do it, its to broad of a "product/service" to apply a specific patent on it.
actually as a software engineer i am very familiar with the term "intellectual property", as well as the concept of software as a product, not as a service. software as a service (or SaaS) is something different entirely.

also i am willing to bet that you could patent, or at least copyright, many of the changes that these tuners make to the ecu. obviously though you seem to be an expert in this area.

so you can dance around all you want, back peddle all you want, and obfuscate all you want. the simple fact remains. you are a crook.

thanks for playing.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I stay away till i get bored and need to argue. I know there is always an opportunity to do so on here. And seeing that I still own an evo i dont mind chatting with fellow evo owners on the local Pittsburgh meet thread.

speaking of logic. in 1966 spock said.. "Congratulations on a dazzling display of logic"

Are you congratulating me on my dazzling display of logic?

LOL, Nice quote! And hey if your here for arguement sake then pittsburgh thread is always open. So can we have the whole story on the evo?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

LOL, Nice quote! And hey if your here for arguement sake then pittsburgh thread is always open. So can we have the whole story on the evo?

Just for clarification for us AARP members. Wasn't it his dad's evo he did all that **** to?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

actually as a software engineer i am very familiar with the term "intellectual property", as well as the concept of software as a product, not as a service. software as a service (or SaaS) is something different entirely.

also i am willing to bet that you could patent, or at least copyright, many of the changes that these tuners make to the ecu. obviously though you seem to be an expert in this area.
This brings up an interesting side debate. Regarding legalities. From my understanding it is actually illegal to touch the stock ecu of the car due to federal emissions laws that are very broad.

You can't copyright or patent something illegal which probably explains who noone has done it yet.

Just food for thought.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Just for clarification for us AARP members. Wasn't it his dad's evo he did all that **** to?
close but no cigar. Cosigner yes, owner no.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet