Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lambo Shwambo
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a 3" DP

Does anyone have an otherwise abandoned 3" DP that clears the ACD that would like a new home

I'm in need of a 3" DP in the next week or two, so if anyone has one locally, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
Does anyone have an otherwise abandoned 3" DP that clears the ACD that would like a new home

I'm in need of a 3" DP in the next week or two, so if anyone has one locally, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks!
5spd or 6spd?

i don't have an extra one laying around, but i can tell you from experience that the invidia dp clears the 6spd and acd nicely. i can't confirm fitament on the 5spd though, however i imagine it would fit.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 02:46 PM

GOD damn AEM and ETS work fast i ordered and AEM Wideband from ETS yesterday and it got here today..... and that was with free shipping
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by M5K15
Was there some kind of exotic car show in or around the burgh last weekend? Because for me to have seen 5 different Lambo's cruising the streets of Springdale/Harmarville last weekend there had to be something going on.
no idea I saw the dark grey one at the Auto Zone parking lot in New Ken with a bunch of highschool kids standing around it haha.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
5spd or 6spd?

i don't have an extra one laying around, but i can tell you from experience that the invidia dp clears the 6spd and acd nicely. i can't confirm fitament on the 5spd though, however i imagine it would fit.
It's a 5-speed IX; I've heard the Invidia and the Helix VII fit perfectly. Car is going over to Mike for one last warranty "sweep" and then it's over and done with...."There But for the Grace of God go I" time to upgrade....
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
It's a 5-speed IX; I've heard the Invidia and the Helix VII fit perfectly. Car is going over to Mike for one last warranty "sweep" and then it's over and done with...."There But for the Grace of God go I" time to upgrade....
excellent.

FYI if you have enough ratchet extensions you can get the downpipe off without removing the under tray. i think i ended up using 4 or 5 of them stacked on top of my 3/8 drive to remove the spring bolts from where it meets the o2 housing.

also if you do end up going with the invidia dp, make sure you have 6 washers handy (3 for either side) of the sub frame brace. you will need to use them to shim the brace to get just an extra 3/8" clearance so the the downpipe will fit under the brace.

other than that with pb blaster and a good breaker bar the exhaust is actually a pretty easy job.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone goin big on St Pattys tonight?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
excellent.

FYI if you have enough ratchet extensions you can get the downpipe off without removing the under tray. i think i ended up using 4 or 5 of them stacked on top of my 3/8 drive to remove the spring bolts from where it meets the o2 housing.

also if you do end up going with the invidia dp, make sure you have 6 washers handy (3 for either side) of the sub frame brace. you will need to use them to shim the brace to get just an extra 3/8" clearance so the the downpipe will fit under the brace.

other than that with pb blaster and a good breaker bar the exhaust is actually a pretty easy job.
+1 on leaving the tray on

Megan racing fit nice on my 8 (5spd ACD) No shimming req'd
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:17 PM

steelcity pm me for a price on ams tp
Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
+1 on leaving the tray on

Megan racing fit nice on my 8 (5spd ACD) No shimming req'd
+1 on the new style megan. Fits just right.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:36 PM

Data log

anyone have a program that I can use for a data log...I had the old version of mitslogger, that isnt working....
Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by mitsmaster
anyone have a program that I can use for a data log...I had the old version of mitslogger, that isnt working....
Sorry only got the licensed copy of EvoScan here... tell Frank to cough up the $25 and download it
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Its done. Just waiting to install a base map for the new setup tommorow and she is ready to go. As usual cars suck, i had such a hard time getting the freaking passenger seat attached. Screw Sparco and their seat mounting brackets, they suck! But its in, and i actually have a passenger seat for someone to sit in. Now its time to order some tires for the season.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Its done. Just waiting to install a base map for the new setup tommorow and she is ready to go. As usual cars suck, i had such a hard time getting the freaking passenger seat attached. Screw Sparco and their seat mounting brackets, they suck! But its in, and i actually have a passenger seat for someone to sit in. Now its time to order some tires for the season.
oh i can't wait to see her run.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet