Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you need one of those circus midgets with tiny hands?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

hey guys, just a reminder about the NHSCC drivers school and test n tune this weekend:

Driver's School/Test n Tune Mar 29

North Hills Sports Car Club announces their annual driver school on Sunday March 29, 2009 to be held at North Park Swimming Pool Parking Lot.
Student Cost is $25.00.
Registration opens at 8:30 PM. School starts @10:30AM.
Equipment requirements: Helmet M95 or newer.
Vehicle, licensed and PA state inspectable (current PA sticker req for all PA licensed cars). Must be safe and pass tech inspection at the event.
Numbers, visible car and class numbers req at all of our events, numbers and class markings at least 8" tall, numbers and car color should contrast.

Participants need a valid drivers license and need to be 18 years of age or older or 16 years old with a parent at the event and signed a minor waver.

We need students and workers. Workers and instructors can participate in the Test and Tune after the students finish their autocross. Instructors, workers and students get to run the T&T free. To all others the T&T is $20.00.

Workers/Instructors should get there by 8:30 AM. Setup is somewhat labor intensive (temp barriers etc.). The more workers we have the less time and work for each person.
http://nhscc.com

if you have never been to a driver's school at the nhscc before it's a great opportunity to pick up some good pointers from veteran autocrossers. it's also a great way to knock the rust off after a long winter of hibernation.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey guys, just a reminder about the NHSCC drivers school and test n tune this weekend:

That sucks it is this weekend.....unfortunately I still have no car and looks to be another week yet so no fun for me.

This no evo thing is starting to eat at me now......especially with all this nice weather were having, im starting to going mad i think?

But this is all thanks to mitsu factory for not putting my car together correctly and causing all this grief.....bravo for your quality assurance group
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by travman
That sucks it is this weekend.....unfortunately I still have no car and looks to be another week yet so no fun for me.

This no evo thing is starting to eat at me now......especially with all this nice weather were having, im starting to going mad i think?

But this is all thanks to mitsu factory for not putting my car together correctly and causing all this grief.....bravo for your quality assurance group
Details on said issue?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Trav what's wrong with your car what did I miss?
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

"Drives: Rusting Ebo" - should say it all

Well quick recap, last year had paint blemish it was thought to be a paint defect, had it fixed under warranty. Few months go by, im installing brakes in the right rear and happen to look up and see the same bubbles again. Take the car back and it was thought to maybe have a pin hole in the quarter panel.

They sand it down, find the pin hole and cut it out to find even more rust behind the quarter panel. So now they remove the quarter panel and find the inner fender well is rusted badly, so now I will have a new inner fender well and quarter panel on the right rear....

The cause: Mitsubishi uses a sealer at the panel joints, they missed an area and caused water to get inside and lay between the panels which ate away at the unprotected metal....thankfully the problem is discovered now and not at 130,000 miles and out of warranty.

It is all being fixed under warranty and finally will be fixed right but unfortunately I have to deal with this mess, but as always - s**t happens?..
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

"Drives: Rusting Ebo" - should say it all

Well quick recap, last year had paint blemish it was thought to be a paint defect, had it fixed under warranty. Few months go by, im installing brakes in the right rear and happen to look up and see the same bubbles again. Take the car back and it was thought to maybe have a pin hole in the quarter panel.

They sand it down, find the pin hole and cut it out to find even more rust behind the quarter panel. So now they remove the quarter panel and find the inner fender well is rusted badly, so now I will have a new inner fender well and quarter panel on the right rear....

The cause: Mitsubishi uses a sealer at the panel joints, they missed an area and caused water to get inside and lay between the panels which ate away at the unprotected metal....thankfully the problem is discovered now and not at 130,000 miles and out of warranty.

It is all being fixed under warranty and finally will be fixed right but unfortunately I have to deal with this mess, but as always - s**t happens?..
Good luck man. The paint matching is usually the heartbreaker.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:33 PM
Account Disabled

Mike has actually done a very good job making sure that the paint were not only up to travis's liking but up to mikes specifications as well. Also, luckily, silver is one of the easiest colors to match. At least it isn't a red car.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Good luck man. The paint matching is usually the heartbreaker.
Honestly if i cant notice it I don't even care and with silver it makes it even harder to notice......I have yet to own a vehicle with clean paint and doesn't seem I ever will so I get over it pretty quick. Plus anything looks better than rust.......

As danl said I have the microscope eyes on it before I look at it.....and if it passes his eyes I wont see anything, im blind to most of that stuff even though this experience has made me notice more things with paint finishes
Old Mar 23, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Mike has actually done a very good job making sure that the paint were not only up to travis's liking but up to mikes specifications as well. Also, luckily, silver is one of the easiest colors to match. At least it isn't a red car.
Yeah, you're right about that. I saw some red "matches" that were absolutely awful. But they did match my VIII's silver very well.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 02:04 PM

Does mike match Octane blue good?! any 1 know i need to get the spot on the front bumper touched up where the bird hit...
Old Mar 23, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joshevo22
Does mike match Octane blue good?! any 1 know i need to get the spot on the front bumper touched up where the bird hit...
the paint work isnt being done by mitsu or mike - they have no paint shop....its at another Baierl car dealership but has to go through mitsu due to warranty.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 02:11 PM

the paint work isnt being done by mitsu or mike - they have no paint shop....its at another Baierl car dealership but has to go through mitsu due to warranty.
Oh i guess ill just have my fathers friend do it then! its not that bad only a couple scraps on top of front bumper. Hope you get your car back soon!!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just got my wing back from jeff at taylor autobody today it looks amazing, no more rs look lik ei had at the waterfront meet ha
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:21 PM

you guys remember speedjunkyzzzzz

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet