Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well got the coilovers out, and all torn apart, and all the suspension arms are out and waiting for the new bushing to be pressed in. Disassembling everything went pretty smooth. Only snag is, the 9k springs up front and the 8k springs in the rear were going to be swapped front to back. The 9k springs in the front are probably 1" shorter then the 8k springs in the rear so I'm not sure if I can just adjust the perches and swap them or do I need new springs. Plus the one suspension arm that has the bumpsteer correction bushing to be installed has a metal collar on it which seems to be connected on both sides, any idea how to take it off, does it need cut off or drilled out or something? All in all got a lot done but still a lot to do yet.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Well got the coilovers out, and all torn apart, and all the suspension arms are out and waiting for the new bushing to be pressed in. Disassembling everything went pretty smooth. Only snag is, the 9k springs up front and the 8k springs in the rear were going to be swapped front to back. The 9k springs in the front are probably 1" shorter then the 8k springs in the rear so I'm not sure if I can just adjust the perches and swap them or do I need new springs. Plus the one suspension arm that has the bumpsteer correction bushing to be installed has a metal collar on it which seems to be connected on both sides, any idea how to take it off, does it need cut off or drilled out or something? All in all got a lot done but still a lot to do yet.
what metal collar, its has the alignment adjusting cam on the inside(where bump steer will be installed into), springs , you should be able to adjust the perches ..you will have to make adjustments later to square the car up...
Old Apr 5, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
hey guys, i got a ?.....after installing my 3'' downpipe and testpipe i hear a rattle....i have 3 washers on each side of the front brace so i dont think i could be that....any other thoughts?

thanks
you're going to have to be a bit more specific than "a rattle".

hell my evo rattles all the time, happens in different spots too. most of the normal, occasionally they are not.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsmaster
what metal collar, its has the alignment adjusting cam on the inside(where bump steer will be installed into), springs , you should be able to adjust the perches ..you will have to make adjustments later to square the car up...
No it's not the toe adjustments on the outside it's the metal collar that runs threw the bushing and on the outside of the collar it seems as washers were pressed into or connected to the collar. I may have to get a picture it maybe easier. So it won't hurt to have shorter springs in the rear and longer in the front as long as the spring rate is ok? Mike I'll be calling you for an alignment once I have it all together, do you mount stiffer tires also?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

A couple pics of the new rims and drop.

Last edited by xtmx; Apr 5, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

^^^Looks great!!
Old Apr 5, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
How's the new rear end working out for you? Did it take a lot of getting used to?
I wouldnt say it took any time at all to get used too. The car is really just amazing at what it can do.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

That X looks clean! Nice work.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
I wouldnt say it took any time at all to get used too. The car is really just amazing at what it can do.
I wouldn't say either - another FTD ...Disgusting! Looked great Jeremy.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
I wouldn't say either - another FTD ...Disgusting! Looked great Jeremy.
yeah just wait till i get my new flux capacitor, then all your FTDeez are belong to me.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:29 AM

hey i think i figured out what the noise was, i think the exhaust is clanging off the drive shaft as its spinnin. Its rite near my testpipe, where it looks like the 2 pieces of the drive shaft meet. Theres a bolt on the shaft that i thnk is whats hitting it every so often. What should i do?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:33 AM
Account Disabled

hey i think i figured out what the noise was, i think the exhaust is clanging off the drive shaft as its spinnin. Its rite near my testpipe, where it looks like the 2 pieces of the drive shaft meet. Theres a bolt on the shaft that i thnk is whats hitting it every so often. What should i do?
shouldnt be touching if the mid hangers are holding it up and the down pipe is connected.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

+

=

Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtmx
A couple pics of the new rims and drop.

Looks awesome man! Are those advans? What springs did you go with?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

went to opening day at prp yesterday with some local evo/sti kids, saw a riced out r35 (trust me its possible), couple fast imports, nothing crazy. even saw a few people blow their **** up all over the track, but not as much carnage as i had anticipated.

anyway, i saw this red viii parked in the spectators lot (only from the back and like 30 yards away) with jdm bumper, blacked out tails and a PA plate that says HEREVO8. saw this girl with a buschur hoodie get in and drive away. she looked pretty good from where i was standing. anyone know what she's all about???

id probably hold her hand in public, even if she is gross.

THE END

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet