Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Can I get in on this challenge? I still like to harass you knuckle dragging drag racers!

I would like to see one of these cars on the north track. You would get to use all 5 of those gears no problem. I can't be sure you would be able to slow the car down after your doing 150 mph down the front straight tho.

I was thinking we need a good argument on here again.

But really where are all the evo people out racing? I havnt even heard any times from the strip from anyone lately? It's spring, race em if you got um!
Your already In What You Didnt Know !!!!

Ya the front straight will pose an issue . But I can see appropriate tires , brake fluid/pads And I would be willin to push her a bit. Even with very primitive suspension mods.

Hey but then you never know what a winter could do to a suspension huh!!!!!

And on the racing note ya good weather has been here so Why no stories / videos. Post some numbers get some 1/4 miles in , throw down on the auto x something.

I do have a feelin that some video can be had very shortly but ehhhh Not sure where we can post them
Old May 19, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Your already In What You Didnt Know !!!!

Ya the front straight will pose an issue . But I can see appropriate tires , brake fluid/pads And I would be willin to push her a bit. Even with very primitive suspension mods.

Hey but then you never know what a winter could do to a suspension huh!!!!!

And on the racing note ya good weather has been here so Why no stories / videos. Post some numbers get some 1/4 miles in , throw down on the auto x something.

I do have a feelin that some video can be had very shortly but ehhhh Not sure where we can post them
I still have my camcorder if another video needs to be taken
Old May 19, 2009, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LostSolVTEC
I still have my camcorder if another video needs to be taken
Ohhh they need to be taken

I coulnt get the proper video clearance to post action that had occured on that particular track
Old May 19, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Beave Run Follow Up

Originally Posted by goforwand
I received an e-mail from BeaveRun that they are looking to get together a small group to help supplement a club that has the track on Saturday the 30th.

The event would likely be 3 run groups as well as Time Trials

They will have instuctors available, and they are looking for people with some track experience (vs. pure first timers)

Nothing is final-Still working on the details/price etc, but post up or PM if you might be interested. Fun way to spend a Saturday
So here's the latest for the 30th!

Open Club Lapping Saturday
BeaveRun announces special group program

BeaveRun MotorSports Complex is making the North Track available to clubs/groups of four or more for a day of lapping on Saturday, May 30. This is a rare opportunity for you and your friends to have a day of fun and camaraderie, get some weekend track time and run in optional time trials on the North Course.

The format for BeaveRun's Open Lapping Saturday is as follows:
Depending on number of participants, drivers will be placed in a number of different run groups. Groups will receive five 20 minute sessions throughout the day. Between runs, groups will have time to evaluate their own driving and prepare for the next high octane, high adrenaline North Course run. As an added benefit, BeaveRun Speed Secrets trained instructors will be available for coaching and ride-alongs. If time and weather conditions permit, time trials will be available at the end of the day.

The cost for the day is only $165. Register soon. Enrollment will be limited to insure each participant will have plenty of seat time. The day will begin at 8:30 with a drivers meeting and should end around 5:00. Put in a full days work at BeaveRun's Open Club Lapping Saturday.

For more information or to book your group for some full throttle action call BeaveRun at 724.535.1000. Registration and car tech forms are available online at www.beaverun.com

So, if you are interested, PM me and I'll work on registering people tomorrow or Thursday depending on who confirms.

So far the following have expressed interest

Jeremy (jerdeitzel)
JMCZ

so we need one more

PM me with your name, address and phone number as well as your driving experience (number of track days)

Jeremy is exempt because he's already 10 seconds faster than anyone else out there to begin with

As soon as we get 4+ I'll call and send you the details on the registration, etc. via PM
Old May 19, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
So here's the latest for the 30th!

BeaveRun announces special group program

BeaveRun MotorSports Complex is making the North Track available to clubs/groups of four or more for a day of lapping on Saturday, May 30. This is a rare opportunity for you and your friends to have a day of fun and camaraderie, get some weekend track time and run in optional time trials on the North Course.

The format for BeaveRun's Open Lapping Saturday is as follows:
Depending on number of participants, drivers will be placed in a number of different run groups. Groups will receive five 20 minute sessions throughout the day. Between runs, groups will have time to evaluate their own driving and prepare for the next high octane, high adrenaline North Course run. As an added benefit, BeaveRun Speed Secrets trained instructors will be available for coaching and ride-alongs. If time and weather conditions permit, time trials will be available at the end of the day.

The cost for the day is only $165. Register soon. Enrollment will be limited to insure each participant will have plenty of seat time. The day will begin at 8:30 with a drivers meeting and should end around 5:00. Put in a full days work at BeaveRun's Open Club Lapping Saturday.

For more information or to book your group for some full throttle action call BeaveRun at 724.535.1000. Registration and car tech forms are available online at www.beaverun.com

So, if you are interested, PM me and I'll work on registering people tomorrow or Thursday depending on who confirms.

So far the following have expressed interest

Jeremy (jerdeitzel)
JMCZ

so we need one more

PM me with your name, address and phone number as well as your driving experience (number of track days)

Jeremy is exempt because he's already 10 seconds faster than anyone else out there to begin with

As soon as we get 4+ I'll call and send you the details on the registration, etc. via PM
Damn sucks so bad I'm leaving on vacation the 29! Guys this is a great opportunity! The north course is so fun and once you do it you are hooked. Can't wait to get on it again!!
Old May 19, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
EXACTLY!

You're the same one that couldn't figure out how to get his car to the dyno because something was wrong and your car "broke down" within a mile or 2 from Wyotech...the problem??? OUT OF GAS!!!

R
O
F
L

Listen to his advice at your own peril.

EDIT - BTW Garret, I ran 30 psi on my black Evo but I also had the HKS DLI. Nate tuned it without the HKS box first until it wouldn't take any more, then we put that in and he got another 20whp out of it. I don't remember if it was because he could run more timing at 30psi, or if it was because we were at a lower boost and then were able to hit 30psi with the box - sorry.

blah blah blah

sorry for not knowing that a 1/4 tank of gas in a car using the ams 1000 hop system was not enough. car sucked gas like your wife sucks my kock

Last edited by Peteypab2133; May 19, 2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old May 19, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Evol.ved;7076858]After all the big talk? After years of arrogant bashing of those of us who keep our cars mildly modified?

Last edited by Peteypab2133; Jun 8, 2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old May 20, 2009, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
blah blah blah
EXACTLY - you FINALLY FINALLY get it. That's all anyone hears from you.

Old May 20, 2009, 06:07 AM

So i went to the game the other night, amazinggg btw, but i am going to the arena for the big screen tomorrow if anyone else is going, let me knoww
Old May 20, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
EXACTLY - you FINALLY FINALLY get it. That's all anyone hears from you.

thats a z06... never drove a z06 before...
Old May 20, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HerEvo8
So i went to the game the other night, amazinggg btw, but i am going to the arena for the big screen tomorrow if anyone else is going, let me knoww
Nice, should be an awesome turn out with the weather and all! Upload some pics from down there, I bet it will be a HUGE crowd!
Old May 20, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

thats a z06... never drove a z06 before...
so what are you trying to say, that a zo6 rolls over differently than a regular vette?

rule #1: keep the car shiny side up.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
so what are you trying to say, that a zo6 rolls over differently than a regular vette?

rule #1: keep the car shiny side up.
ahaha i dont know , but actually there is maybe a possibility. the regular Z51 C6 vettes have a pop out fiberglass roof that is connected to the halo bars. Whereas the Z06 have solid roofs. i only rolled one, so i dont know how a Z06 would have done
Old May 20, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

ahaha i dont know , but actually there is maybe a possibility. the regular Z51 C6 vettes have a pop out fiberglass roof that is connected to the halo bars. Whereas the Z06 have solid roofs. i only rolled one, so i dont know how a Z06 would have done
well. only one way to find out...
Old May 20, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

ok that's better it feels more like the pggh. Thread I love

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet