Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2009, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsmaster
Nope!!!!!! I forgot to tell whoever picked the car up....I put a locking nut on you down pipe...And two of the other nuts were loose.......It was starting to leak exhaust...........Car sounds great...did you get it tuned yet???????
Oh thanks!! could i take the car to you in the future to put on a bolt on turbo? of course you would be payed to and no its not tuned yet, moms been in hospital a week or two now so i havent been on here much and car hasnt been ran since today from when i picked it up. It desperately needs a tune though, but i want to wait till i get cams turbo manifold and fuel injectors and fuel pump b4 the tune but now with my mom, i might have to put that on hold and just get a tune.
Old May 21, 2009, 09:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
hey i got a speeding ticket in morgantown, wv.....will points be awarded to my license even though it was out of state....
thats a big negative. i rode crotch rockets for a number of years; lived in maryland for a summer and got a 135mph speeding ticket in a 65mph zone. never showed up on my PA licence, just payed the maryland magistrate and was on my way.

you got nothing to worry about except the fine
Old May 22, 2009, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

anyone else heading up starlite tonight?

i will probably be up there are 7 - 7:30.
Old May 22, 2009, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by holiday63
thats a big negative. i rode crotch rockets for a number of years; lived in maryland for a summer and got a 135mph speeding ticket in a 65mph zone. never showed up on my PA licence, just payed the maryland magistrate and was on my way.

you got nothing to worry about except the fine
so you think i should be alright?....i have a fmaily friend who lives in morgantown who is a lawyer.....i left a message with him and hes gonna find out things for me today....idc about the fine...its just the points
Old May 22, 2009, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

so you think i should be alright?....i have a fmaily friend who lives in morgantown who is a lawyer.....i left a message with him and hes gonna find out things for me today....idc about the fine...its just the points
speeding that excessively? they're gonna lock you up in butt rape jail jeff.

you're going to be someone's bish.

just remember, in prison it's shank or be shanked.

you might want to start practicing sharpening up toothbrushes now.
Old May 22, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
anyone else heading up starlite tonight?

i will probably be up there are 7 - 7:30.

i may stop up if anyone is def going
Old May 22, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

well WV laws could be different than maryland, im not certain. but in my scenario, i didnt receive any points so i can only assume you wont receive points either. I think you'll be alright.

out of all the tickets i've gotten, ive went to court for most of them. i've learned that unless you do something really wreckless or you're a total ***** to the ticketing officer, the magistrate will usually give you a lesser charge so that the points are minimized but they still receive a hefty fine. Bottom line: they want your money, not your licence
Old May 22, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey i got a speeding ticket in morgantown, wv.....will points be awarded to my license even though it was out of state....
PA rules state that no out of state ticket except criminal misdemeanors like DUI etc shall be recorded. However, I am not sure if the Insurance Company won't find out. They spend a lot of money every year checking your license info against several state databases to see if you received a ticket.
Old May 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

hey guys i think i may be heading up starlite a little earlier than i had originally planned. i think i am going to get to leave work a little early today which should give me enough time to clean the car up real purdy and roll out to the north hills sooner than expected.

hit up my phone if anyone else is planning on attending.
Old May 22, 2009, 02:22 PM

yea..i had no problem with the cop...he said he thought i was running from him...i had no idea there was a cop because the road was a big sweeping turn....so i didnt know he was there until a half mile up the road when i noticed it..i told him that but he looked at me like "yea right buddy"...i literally had no idea and was just runnning late for school stuff so i had bad tunnel vision....im just glad he wasnt a dick trying to get me for fleeing from an officer....and just gave me a speeding ticket....if i went to court and he says that..but didnt write anything on the ticket about it...can that still be upheld against me

Last edited by garcia10; May 22, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old May 22, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

How fast were you going?

Out of state tickets can go on your PA license. Depends a lot on if PA has a direct equivalent statute so the bureaucrats know how many points to give you.

Holiday was going so fast that in PA that's actually a crime and well, it was probably easier for our friends in Harrisburg just went to lunch instead of sorting it out.

If you have a south carolina license you get no points for any out of state fine. They just don't bother.
Old May 22, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

So I was at Starlight around 8ish maybe and saw two evo's there. One was GG, looked stockish, and the other was Silver with Work VS-XX and looked dope as all get out. I am a sucker for those wheels though. Who all was in attendance?

Ppl who were there, anyone take a look at the ZR1? That was quite an impressive car, the brakes were what blew me away the most. Hands down biggest brakes I have ever seen in person.
Old May 23, 2009, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

I would assume Justin was the Grey IX. Maybe XSlowX was the one with rims. His are fancy.

It's a real shame cars like the zr-1 are going out of Vogue.
Old May 23, 2009, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

What's up guys i'm in Robinson. Just got my first Evo 8 2 days ago! Do lots of you go to Beaverun?
Old May 23, 2009, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Eric Morse
What's up guys i'm in Robinson. Just got my first Evo 8 2 days ago! Do lots of you go to Beaverun?
there'a an autox up there tomorrow, time trials for north and go kart tracks coming up.

http://steelcities-scca.org/Autox/schedule.asp

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet