Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 97talon420a
Haha not going to happen this year. Go Wings

Got your flame suit on?
Old May 26, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
Man doing brakes was easier than I thought.
numerous people told you this.....glad you now agree.
Old May 26, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

WTF.....

this is ban worthy in this thread.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:08 AM
Account Disabled

Sorry guys just a fact of life. lol At least i'm for the penns up until they play the wings.(i'm from Detroit) But at least there is going to be some great games.
Old May 26, 2009, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

shawn you're home! you missed an alcohol fueled weekend buddy
Old May 26, 2009, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Even if the traitor has a stellar series, Lidstrom is hurt, Datsyuk is hurt... As long as Sid and Geno keep up the intensity, this series is going to be a bit different.
Old May 26, 2009, 08:43 AM
Account Disabled

eat **** shawn
Old May 26, 2009, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

The pens will be drinking hossa's tears from the cup. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he loses again....biggest mistake ever!!
Old May 26, 2009, 09:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya its easy to say its easy but not offer to help. So makes you think its not so easy if nobody is willing to help ya out. Back where I come from we all help eachother out, i guess not here in PA at least not in this room anyways.

Originally Posted by travman
numerous people told you this.....glad you now agree.
Old May 26, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

The power of mitsubishi was proven once again this past weekend. I was able to obtain the class record and the track record for closed wheel cars in that direction on the Jefferson circuit at summit point. I had so many people come up and give compliments as to how wicked the car looked on track. The dam thing can drive any line any time, with the new setup. The car was running times equal to many formula and sport racers. That just pisses those guys off!

One thing Im having issues with is brake pads. With the speeds now I need some serious track pads on this thing.

Once again nobody expects a 4 door sedan to be able to do what our cars can! Well at least one that is street legal and drove to the track. All hail mitsubishi for making one he'll of a car.

Last edited by jerdeitzel; May 26, 2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

ya its easy to say its easy but not offer to help. So makes you think its not so easy if nobody is willing to help ya out. Back where I come from we all help eachother out, i guess not here in PA at least not in this room anyways.
So is this a nice way to say were all a**holes?
Old May 26, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

we're a lot more apt to help someone out who has taken the time to show up to some meets, get to know the community, etc...

i'm not one to drop everything i'm doing to go spend an afternoon helping someone i've never met before.

maybe instead of spending so much talking to yourself inside your wexford thread, you could show up to a couple waterfront meets. have a beer with a few of us, and talk cars.

once you get know some of the people around here i think you will it much easier to recruit help. i wouldn't expect to move to a new place and have people jumping all over me to help me do projects just because they think i'm an awesome guy on the interwebz.
Old May 26, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

So a warning to those considering using Jim Locke Automotive services....

I previously had a set of Brian Crower 272s, timing belt, balance shaft belt & belt tensioner installed by Locke...about a year ago.

The car had run well, but not perfect. I suspected my own tuning was at fault. So i continued anyway. The car ran well, several drag passes daily driven etc....

This year i decided to swap some things out....Turbo, clutch, lifters, head bolts, Cams....etc

SO i dropped my car off with a different mech (nameless unless he chooses to identify himself)to have all these things installed while I vacationed in Vegas.

To my surprise the mech calls me and says there are some issues with the previous install....

RAGS!!....stuck in the oil ports in the head
RETAINERS.....Missing from a few valves
BOLTS....over tightened and stretched on the cam caps
MORE BOLTS....missing from the timing cover, causing it to press into the timing belt (new kevlar belt) that destroyed the belt and had it hanging on by a few threads.
BALANCE SHAFT BELT....off by a tooth, causing that knock that i thought was my mistake in tuning

So yeah, after he fixed all of that the car is now running with all its new parts, and by miracle alone the motor passes compression & leak down tests.

I dont think Locke himself is at blame for this, i believe he left one of his shop-hands to do the work on my car. But i would not trust that shop to service ANY car EVER again, and i wanted to make sure the Evo community knew about it.
Old May 26, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stealth Ag
So a warning to those considering using Jim Locke Automotive services....

I previously had a set of Brian Crower 272s, timing belt, balance shaft belt & belt tensioner installed by Locke...about a year ago.

The car had run well, but not perfect. I suspected my own tuning was at fault. So i continued anyway. The car ran well, several drag passes daily driven etc....

This year i decided to swap some things out....Turbo, clutch, lifters, head bolts, Cams....etc

SO i dropped my car off with a different mech (nameless unless he chooses to identify himself)to have all these things installed while I vacationed in Vegas.

To my surprise the mech calls me and says there are some issues with the previous install....

RAGS!!....stuck in the oil ports in the head
RETAINERS.....Missing from a few valves
BOLTS....over tightened and stretched on the cam caps
MORE BOLTS....missing from the timing cover, causing it to press into the timing belt (new kevlar belt) that destroyed the belt and had it hanging on by a few threads.
BALANCE SHAFT BELT....off by a tooth, causing that knock that i thought was my mistake in tuning

So yeah, after he fixed all of that the car is now running with all its new parts, and by miracle alone the motor passes compression & leak down tests.

I dont think Locke himself is at blame for this, i believe he left one of his shop-hands to do the work on my car. But i would not trust that shop to service ANY car EVER again, and i wanted to make sure the Evo community knew about it.
IIRC, someone on here had a white 9 had a clutch put in and the "wrong fluid" was put into the TC. thus, some serious whining and ultimately making the car get traded in for something else.

Also on another car i heard he destroyed the bolts on a starter, making it not ground properly or something..

Not the first time, but i have never dealt with him so i wouldn't know.
Old May 26, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
we're a lot more apt to help someone out who has taken the time to show up to some meets, get to know the community, etc...

i'm not one to drop everything i'm doing to go spend an afternoon helping someone i've never met before.

maybe instead of spending so much talking to yourself inside your wexford thread, you could show up to a couple waterfront meets. have a beer with a few of us, and talk cars.

once you get know some of the people around here i think you will it much easier to recruit help. i wouldn't expect to move to a new place and have people jumping all over me to help me do projects just because they think i'm an awesome guy on the interwebz.
Well Said

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet