Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lemmonhead
your a real winner! you should go play your video games now, oh and dont forget to take out your moms trash and be a good little boy.

I'd like to nominate this as the lousiest comeback in the history of the thread.
Old May 30, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

So yeah we went and checked out one of those Genesis Coupes. As much as I hate to admit it that's a real nice package if a bit of a pig, weighing in more then an 06 EVO MR. The four cylinder looks real easy to modify too.
Old May 30, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

so here is my breakdown of the genesis coupe test drive.

2.0t with flappy paddles. regular edition, priced around 23.5ish.

the exterior plastic on the car, grill & rear diffuser & fog light surrounds, is a bit cheap. it's thin and looks like it will fade fast. the interior is pretty nice though. the leather seats looks great, the cloth ones aren't too bad either. the build quality of the interior pieces is much better than i expected and the styling of the dash is actually quite nice.

i'm not a fan of the paddles. in drive mode it basically functions like a regular automatic. you can just wind out the gear and it will shift, or you can choose the shift point. this makes me wonder if you would have to fight with gear changes on the track. for my money i will always take a manual though. talking to the salesman he said the v6 with stick is geared very poorly and makes the car feel like a dog, he had yet to drive a manual 4 cyl though.

the acceleration was good. even for the small 4cyl with 3 adults in the car and the A/C blasting. it definitely scoots. obviously it's not blistering, but it is brisk and i'm sure would be very fun with some add ons.

the steering was better than i expected. the wheel has a heavy feel and is fairly direct. i think it could benefit from a steering ratio more like evo's, but it's not that far off. much better than i expected.

the brakes were nice as well. unfortunately they didn't have any 4cyls with the brembos on the lot, but even the regular brakes have a reasonably bite with a solid feel.

the suspension feels good. i had expected the car to feel a bit numb and possibly even vague, but it was actually rather lively and provided good feedback. the rear suspension is not a coil over shock design, rather the shock sits on the outside of the LCA with the spring on the inside. the rear is independent though.

the engine bay with the 4cyl has LOADS of room. turbo and exhaust are all immediately accessible right from the top. no need to pull any radiators or I/C piping to remove a turbo or a down pipe.

the intercooler is small. to get a larger front mount in there may be tricky due to the space and shape of the front bumper. in front of the FMIC is a small radiator unit that is either an oil or transmission cooler.

car comes with bridgestone re050a tires on it. i think it would benefit greatly from stickier tires and a stiffer suspension, but for stock it wasn't bad by any measure.

driving position is comfortable, view out of the rear is a bit restricted so it would be a large blind spot to watch. rear head room is acceptable although it would be tight in the head and legs for taller people, which is expected in a 2+2.

over all the car really exceeded all my expectations. after driving it i don't think i would ever trade my evo in for one, but for the price it's an excellent car. if anyone is thinking of buying one i would suggest checking out Wright Hyundai in Wexford, ask for Bob. younger guy, he was very accommodating and honest about his opinions on the car. that was much appreciated because the salesmen at #1 cochran were down right dude.

at cochran one guy came out, asked if i had any questions, so as i was crawling all over the car i started asking him questions and halfway through he just walked off and never came back. that kind of treatment pisses me off. i always say that i shop dealerships more than cars.
Old May 30, 2009, 07:23 PM

garrrrrretttt... my turn to take the car for a ride
Old May 30, 2009, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
dan those wheels look great.

who did i see in a black evo on 22 heading past #1 cochran hyuandai today around 330ish? black evo with a red sticker near the exhaust on the rear bumper. dave and i were out trying to score a test drive in a genesis coupe. eventually we succeeded.

had to roll all the way out to the north hills at wright because the salesmen at cochran were dismissive at best. got to drive a 2.0t with the flappy paddles (not manuals on the lot). not bad. the car certainly exceeded my expectations. it's no evo, but it would be a fun little car to cruise.

while we were up in the area we had a WEXFORD SONIC MEET!! it was super awesome.

mondo that was my evo. black with a red "kill" sticker above the exhaust
Old May 30, 2009, 09:48 PM

had to roll all the way out to the north hills at wright because the salesmen at cochran were dismissive at best. got to drive a 2.0t with the flappy paddles (not manuals on the lot). not bad. the car certainly exceeded my expectations. it's no evo, but it would be a fun little car to cruise.

while we were up in the area we had a WEXFORD SONIC MEET!! it was super awesome.
you guys should try out the 370z...i test drove one about a month ago and it was a different but cool experience with the synchro rev match technology
Old May 30, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by holiday63
mondo that was my evo. black with a red "kill" sticker above the exhaust
ah excellent. she looks/sounds quite good zipping by quickly

Originally Posted by Posey075
you guys should try out the 370z...i test drove one about a month ago and it was a different but cool experience with the synchro rev match technology
i'm not entirely crazy about the modern generation of Z cars, but i would like to drive one.
Old May 31, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I will be able to go to the meet.....
Old May 31, 2009, 10:41 AM

i'm not entirely crazy about the modern generation of Z cars, but i would like to drive one.
yeah im not crazy about them either but i had the opportunity to test drive one so i tried it out...i did like the interior and the rev match though
Old May 31, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

what is this rev matching that you speak of?
Old May 31, 2009, 12:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think I will start going to these since all cars are welcome.
For the past five years the Pittsburgh area Subaru community has been meeting at the Robinson Township Quaker Steak and Lube. The Robinson Township Quaker Steak and Lube is located at 110 Andrew Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15275-1200. Everyone is welcome (Subaru owner or not). We have not missed a meet in over five years so you can count on us being there!

Typical meets start out by watching the parade of cars stream in. This quickly transitions to a bunch of guys talking cars in the parking lot.
After an hour or so we move inside for wings, beers, and more car talk. Meets usually start around 6 last until 10PM or later. The typical age group is 20-50.

Click here for directions: http://www.lubewings.com/default.asp...ype=directions

As a general rule, all meet dates are on the first Wednesday of the month unless the first Wednesday coincides either New Years day or July 4th. In these rare occasions the QSL meet will take place on the 2nd Wednesday of the month.

2009 dates:
-Jan 7th
-Feb 4th
-March 4th
-April 1st
-May 6th
-June 3rd
-July 1st
-Aug 5th
-Sept 2nd
-Oct 7th
-Nov 4th
-Dec 2nd
Old May 31, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

the subie crowd are good people. their meets are always fun, and they always get a nice sized turn out.

just watch out for the tall lanky guy that drives the red WRX with black spoiler and black hood scoop. he likes to wait till you're not looking, sneak up behind you, and cop a feel of your package. he's creepy as all hell.
Old May 31, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

If I get my diff fixed by then Ill be at the one on the 3rd, its 5min from my house!
^^ are you serious about the wrx guy??

Last edited by 2LOFD3ATH; May 31, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old May 31, 2009, 07:53 PM

the subie crowd are good people. their meets are always fun, and they always get a nice sized turn out.

just watch out for the tall lanky guy that drives the red WRX with black spoiler and black hood scoop. he likes to wait till you're not looking, sneak up behind you, and cop a feel of your package. he's creepy as all hell.
who you callin creepy??? ever look in the mirror?

Originally Posted by Eric Morse
If I get my diff fixed by then Ill be at the one on the 3rd, its 5min from my house!
^^ are you serious about the wrx guy??
he'd DEAD serious!
Old May 31, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

LOL

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet