Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2009, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
who you callin creepy??? ever look in the mirror?
hey, i said you were creepy. i didn't say that i didn't enjoy it.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
the subie crowd are good people. their meets are always fun, and they always get a nice sized turn out.

just watch out for the tall lanky guy that drives the red WRX with black spoiler and black hood scoop.
yeah, watch out for that pdlturbo guy, i hear he's a real troublemaker! paul u ever get that spoiler/scoop painted, or you sticking w the two-tone? i think you mentioned you were thinking about it last time i was at the meets with shek and jimmy.

For the past five years the Pittsburgh area Subaru community has been meeting at the Robinson Township Quaker Steak and Lube.
i've been to a couple of the meets there, it's a good crowd and a bunch of 'em really know their stuff.

what is this rev matching that you speak of?
the new 370z's and i believe the 350z too has this auto rev-match "feature". personally i think it's just another step towards driving an automatic trans... but hey what do i know, i still think that when you see a car taking the line/rev-matching it's a sign that the driver knows his stuff...not so any more for the Z guys...
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

sounds somewhat similar to the tephra patch for our ECU that provides No Lift To Shift.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

sounds somewhat similar to the tephra patch for our ECU that provides No Lift To Shift.

It's supposed to be very fancy but generally you'll see the cars the magazines review have that option conspicuously absent. How well would it handle a 4>2 downshift I wonder.

Much like the Lexus that parks itself, but uh doesn't.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ya there allways has to be that "one creepy guy" like when you go to the lake there is always that 1 dude thats old wearing speedos walking around the little girls and boys admiring their youth. then when he gets home he sneakes around the neighborhood and snifes little girls bicycle seats.
so who is the creepy guy in this room.

the subie crowd are good people. their meets are always fun, and they always get a nice sized turn out.

just watch out for the tall lanky guy that drives the red WRX with black spoiler and black hood scoop. he likes to wait till you're not looking, sneak up behind you, and cop a feel of your package. he's creepy as all hell.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:17 AM
Account Disabled

wait I think I found that creepy guy. its mondobongo. I think he is stalking me, watch out wexford meet guys he might be in your neighborhood trying to sniff your seats! we shall have a neighborhood watch

dan those wheels look great.

who did i see in a black evo on 22 heading past #1 cochran hyuandai today around 330ish? black evo with a red sticker near the exhaust on the rear bumper. dave and i were out trying to score a test drive in a genesis coupe. eventually we succeeded.

had to roll all the way out to the north hills at wright because the salesmen at cochran were dismissive at best. got to drive a 2.0t with the flappy paddles (not manuals on the lot). not bad. the car certainly exceeded my expectations. it's no evo, but it would be a fun little car to cruise.

while we were up in the area we had a WEXFORD SONIC MEET!! it was super awesome.

Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
wait I think I found that creepy guy. its mondobongo. I think he is stalking me, watch out wexford meet guys he might be in your neighborhood trying to sniff your seats! we shall have a neighborhood watch
i just wanted to hang out with all the k00l kids in wexford. i hear it's the spot to be at in case some dopeness pops off.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

yes, when i think of said "dopeness" popping off.... i immediatedly think of wexford
Old Jun 1, 2009, 09:58 AM

what is this rev matching that you speak of?
if you type in 370z synchro rev match on youtube or something there are some videos on there that explains it and there are lots of articles online about it but it basically blips the throttle automatically for you... it makes an easier transition downshifting when youre casually driving too

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
It's supposed to be very fancy but generally you'll see the cars the magazines review have that option conspicuously absent. How well would it handle a 4>2 downshift I wonder.

Much like the Lexus that parks itself, but uh doesn't.
i didnt get to skip gears and really get into it but it would prob still jerk a bit if you downshift aggressively and everything
Old Jun 1, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

That's just to funny.
The guy who has an entire thread where he talks to himself is calling someone else creepy.

Paul can you please apologize to Vern and the gang on behalf of the EVO community if this numskull shows at the scooby meets and makes us all look like weirdos.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Justin----you better not have been sniffing my seats when i ran into you last week!!!!
Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
Justin----you better not have been sniffing my seats when i ran into you last week!!!!
no way brian. i would never. that is super creepy.

i was sniffing your hair every time you turned around though. it was very nice, smelled almost of lavender.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 01:59 PM
Account Disabled

I have only been here 3 months, but seems like Cranberry woods, wexford area is the HOT spot. Everyone wants to live here. Not sure why you hating this area so much. Is it because you cant afford to live here? Don't matter you made it clear you dont like the area so..ok so why you keep brining wexford up?
If I lived in Beverly Hills California I surely wouldn't ever bring up Oakland comments. But I sure know slums in Oakland that would say "man Oakland is a dope place to be, Beverly Hills is so boring"
I have heard here in PA, the north dont like the south, east vs west or something like that. Maybe thats the issue. Anyways, im not a pittsbugeran or whater you call yourselfs. I am from the west coast so it dont really matter to me and I really dont care really. thanks for all the amusment you provide though.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

I have only been here 3 months, but seems like Cranberry woods, wexford area is the HOT spot. Everyone wants to live here. Not sure why you hating this area so much. Is it because you cant afford to live here? Don't matter you made it clear you dont like the area so..ok so why you keep brining wexford up?
If I lived in Beverly Hills California I surely wouldn't ever bring up Oakland comments. But I sure know slums in Oakland that would say "man Oakland is a dope place to be, Beverly Hills is so boring"
I have heard here in PA, the north dont like the south, east vs west or something like that. Maybe thats the issue. Anyways, im not a pittsbugeran or whater you call yourselfs. I am from the west coast so it dont really matter to me and I really dont care really. thanks for all the amusment you provide though.

interesting thoughts, but completely wrong.

it's not a question of not being able to afford to live in the area, or not liking the area.

it's really just a simple matter of not liking you.

let me break it down for you. you start your own thread, talking to yourself continuously. you beg for help changing your brake pads in this thread after already making it quite clear that you would like to try to start your own thing, and aren't interested in our established thread/meets.

then you make dick comments about no one helping you out, more or less insulting everyone in the thread for not jumping your bones to come work on your car.

then you continue on with the odd insult (or whatever you're doing here) then proceed to construe from some fictional information that we're either poor and can't afford to live in the north hills or just don't like it.

congratulations. you are officially the new SpeedJunkyz.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:34 PM

I was just thinking that since a Sonic just opened up in Greensburg and I can't afford the Sonic in the high rent district of Wexford that I was going to have a meet there. I drove by there at 430 today on the way to the slums and didn't see anyone so it looks like you guys missed out on our first meet! Oh well I pass by it everyday so there's always tommorrow.

Oh well its been fun but I think I will start my own room now... So the big question is "Who's coming with me??"

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet