Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you bought Kyle's old MR right? graphite grey with the carbon hood? Buschur cast 3065 kit with meth?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:26 AM
Account Disabled

Yes sir, the car has been beatin to death it's whole life, the car has been nothing but **** for me and I'm disgusted with it as well as the dealer who sold it , however I'm also to blame as well, but after all is said and done the car is still and Evo and has the capability of being an awesome car, I just don't know at this point which to put the money into, which is a step up for the Evo because last week I really contemplated burning it to the ground
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jslater2306
ok time for me to get serious most of you have no idea who I am, well my name is Jason I own 3 cars 2 of which consist of an 05 Evo mr, tho other a fully built sickly clean Honda del sol. Well about 3 weeks ago I blew the motor on the del sol( fully built sleeved block 35r pump gas 503whp) the dilemma is that my Evo has been nothing short of an absolute nightmare ( 30r hks cams greddy fmic injen if pipe tial 44mm and 50mm and invidia exhaust act 2600) it has been nothing but problematic made 390whp on buschurs Dyno with no meth and bad gas, but since then my tranny **** out on me and my headgasket has **** the bed as well. Being as I'm looking into buying a house and I've just spent and unbelievable amount of money on an undisclosed investment, should I spend 2k on a new bottom end for the del sol run race gas next tune and probably make 600whp or start pouring money into my Evo and try and bring it up to par, I really don't know , I sent someone 500 as a down payment on there bottom end but I'm still contemplating what I should do while I wait for him to pull the motor, any help or advice is appreciated

Get the Evo is good running order. I would think that a properly running Evo would be a lot more rewarding ownership experience then a Honda del sol.

Do the five speed swap.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:08 AM
Account Disabled

True but the del sol is absolutely amazing so clean so smooth and a blast to drive, sure it spins like crazy but once it gets up and goes it's a tough car to run down with the top end power it has and the power to weight ratio, I love the evos especially after driving garretts I just don't know wheter to fix the del sol and enjoy it probably make more power and make it a pretty badass street car or to switch mid summer and try and do a new build , I just hate going from a 5-600hp car down to a 400 hp dog that has raped my back account since the day I bought it
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

True but the del sol is absolutely amazing so clean so smooth and a blast to drive, sure it spins like crazy but once it gets up and goes it's a tough car to run down with the top end power it has and the power to weight ratio, I love the evos especially after driving garretts I just don't know wheter to fix the del sol and enjoy it probably make more power and make it a pretty badass street car or to switch mid summer and try and do a new build , I just hate going from a 5-600hp car down to a 400 hp dog that has raped my back account since the day I bought it
Sounds like you want to sell the Evo. Evos are an expensive car to own. Esspecially modified. It's best to have one properly running car then two or three non running ones.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone going up to BeaveRun today??? flat out day and test n tune tonight!
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:20 AM
Account Disabled

I know there expensive as I've discovered, at one point all of my cars were running amazing , m3 on nitrous, del sol made 500, Evo was running consistent so, then racing gates the del sol went lean, popped the motor, tranny and stuff went on the Evo, but my passion has alway been with honda , I'm just a whiny ***** right now hoping someone can sway my thoughts
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know there expensive as I've discovered, at one point all of my cars were running amazing , m3 on nitrous, del sol made 500, Evo was running consistent so, then racing gates the del sol went lean, popped the motor, tranny and stuff went on the Evo, but my passion has alway been with honda , I'm just a whiny ***** right now hoping someone can sway my thoughts
Get rid of the evo. And as for going from a 5-600 hp car down to "400hp dog" - well, many people in this thread, let alone on the board would love to be in your shoes. If you want numbers - look into a supra. If you want an all around driving experience that will make you grin when you're not on the dyno then an evo would be the better choice. I'd keep the del sol no matter what. Good Luck on your decision.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Build the Del-Sol back up slowly.....If the Evo is closer to running, get a good tech on it and get it sorted.

Even if you sell the Evo to fund the Del-Sol...it will be alot easier to sell when it runs properly.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

jason, i know you better than anyone on this forum. both of your cars have potential; evo is a sick platform to work with and i've seen what your del sol can do and its just a monster. bottom line is: whatever car you end up with you're going to RACE it (hard). Nothing on the evo is cheap, you learned that the tough way.

while there are innumerable fast evos out there, for you to get yours running fast and reliable is going to require some serious money and wrench work. granted, your evo is mean, and as MR. Tim stated you are a lucky **** to be complaining about a 400hp evolution, but for your standards its never going to be what you want it to be.

the del is a beast, its cheaper to fix, its unique, and i know your passion is for honda. nobody can make decisions for you, but i think you've had your mind made up for a while, you're just looking for justification. whatever car you end up with you know ill be under the hood with you (no homo).

that is all
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Sounds like you want to sell the Evo. Evos are an expensive car to own. Esspecially modified. It's best to have one properly running car then two or three non running ones.
Dave, the "too poor to live in wexford" as your location had me chuckling for like 5 minutes
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:21 AM
Account Disabled

haha thanks garrett, I wouldn't sell the Evo to fund the del sol , I just and down right now so I think I'm going to fix the del sol up next week continue to drive the m3 till , you know what opens up, then spend a good week straight and rip that Evo down to nothing start from scratch, basically my main goal this summer is to beast on some cars and from seeing that e85 monster the other night idk if the del would hang
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks.

I know many of us are not worthy of such fine suburban surroundings but is anyone going to the Starlight cruise in Wexford this evening?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

You have an M3? What kind?
Old Jun 5, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

For the tritech.

Sothis morning I was at the giant eagle and they have this new fruit

THE GRAPPLE. Looks like an apple, tastes like a grape. This has got to be the most disturbing thing I have ever eaten.

I can't recommend trying such a freakish fruit but it is tastier then I thought.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet