Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric Morse
Curt Brown works at Ascot motors in swickely. He has some SICK SICK cars, I think his most recent is a gsxr that runs like 9s or something. He had an Evo at some point to, might still have it.

I saw the Public Enimies with a few of my boys, MAN was I dissapointed, super boring movie. Could have picked a better looking woman for him to
Agree it was way to slow!! 2 great characters 1 bad movie and one NASTY lady who depp got aids from i bet lol
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

First off I didn't see anyone giving evodrivesme a hard time. I actually thought he was referring to the post that the stupid kid from wexford made before the mod deleted it. Nobody gave him a high five or a trophy but yes running a 10 sec quarter mile is impressive, especially with little seat time. I'm not sure why all the drag racers get a hard on for not getting patted on the back for everything they do. Get over yourself! Do it because YOU want to do it and your proud of YOURSELF not for other people. The only person who I see getting recognition is Jeremy and thats cause he has been kicking *** and taking names at pretty much anything he enters.

That's my truth!...lol
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
+1

there is no respect 4 drag racers. If its not performed at beaver run its considered out of the evo's element. I personally respect everyones decisions on what they do. Sad thing is there is more respect to travman for buying a trek than running 10's in the quarter

I think in general its nothing more than jealousy. Dont hate bc ur car is weak sauce. We will gladly take you for a spin in a fast evo..

To many haters
For me it has nothing to do with hating......drag racing just doesn't do it for me so I don't show interest....sorry if it hurts your feeling. If I wanted to go for a ride in a quick car I take a ride in my buddies 650whp integra, thanks! My evo is slow in a straight line...oh well, that's not what I bought it for.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Ya look back big man I give Jeremy his props everytime man cause he does kickass. I didn't see the post from our favorite local. I don't have **** to say bout much cause well right now me **** don't run . I think it's just that props are given when one does well at something at least on my end no matter what style of racing.

Im not so sure I can say the same about those who focus on other forms of racing towards the drag racet's accomplishing a fairly lofty feat . Regardless of car running 10's is damn fast my man!!!!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Ya look back big man I give Jeremy his props everytime man cause he does kickass. I didn't see the post from our favorite local. I don't have **** to say bout much cause well right now me **** don't run . I think it's just that props are given when one does well at something at least on my end no matter what style of racing.

Im not so sure I can say the same about those who focus on other forms of racing towards the drag racet's accomplishing a fairly lofty feat . Regardless of car running 10's is damn fast my man!!!!
I never said you didn't give props Dan..It's good that you do. I guess I'm just an a-hole, I give props when I feel like it. If I don't feel like it then I don't and it's my choice ....sorry! I just feel like everyone is overly sensitive. Driving a 10 sec pass is impressive and nobody knows that better then the one who did it. I'm sure there will be faster times to come!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Ok well right now typing owns me a little I'm sittin at the bar and crackin some bottles so well you know where that go's
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Actually I kinda like to stir up **** from time to time. He'll I don't even know evodrivesme but tet here I am talkin smack haha really I think I just like to cause drama more than anything. Haha time for another beer ***'s!!!!!!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
+1

there is no respect 4 drag racers. If its not performed at beaver run its considered out of the evo's element. I personally respect everyones decisions on what they do. Sad thing is there is more respect to travman for buying a trek than running 10's in the quarter

I think in general its nothing more than jealousy. Dont hate bc ur car is weak sauce. We will gladly take you for a spin in a fast evo..

To many haters
okay i will bite

what fast EVO can I get a ride in? Your stocker?

Nodody is envious of your car or it's performance. Sorry to burst your buuble.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Jul 9, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly I'm normally pretty quiet. I'm kinda on the outskirts and that's fine...I put my 2 cents in when I feel like it just like everyone else. I think the evo community around here is good for the most part and have made friends with some good guys because of it. It just seems like a recurring them with the drag racers that you get mad we are not giving you enough props and just tired of hearing it I guess. Honestly you guys should check out pittspeed, it's locals that enjoy drag racing all types of cars and they don't give a **** less about anything else.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone breaking into the sub 1:05 at BR.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Possible Jeremy. I know I'm not, heck I've only done open lap days so never been timed on the North Loop. Hopefully I can change that on the 26th if the Time Trial is still on!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Actually I kinda like to stir up **** from time to time. He'll I don't even know evodrivesme but tet here I am talkin smack haha really I think I just like to cause drama more than anything. Haha time for another beer ***'s!!!!!!
How is the build coming?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yeh, Id be there on the 26 if I wasn't at autobahn.

Anyone going up for the vintage gp stuff at BR this weekend?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

I do like this debate. My question was just asked for alittle clairity. I mean I'm no drag racer but wouldnt his mph give alttle insight into his actual run? I mean if he traped 150 I'm not all that impressed. Now not causing trouble , I am happy to see a 10 evo around anytime. And the guy is at least out racing. So nice job! Beat the **** outa that car.

Now for the record, Im pretty confident that I could do just fine at the strip. I have launched the car more then most drag racers in the last few years. That's a big reason they come to watch the evo. The starters stand back when they hear the 2 step. I get people all the time just stunned by how the car just squats and go's. AWD does make for one quick car . I'm curious as to how fast my car is. In fact I would have been there on wednesday if my wife had been around.

Drag racing is not easy!
Drag racing is fairly easy to learn to do okay
drag racers don't run in the rain. Wussies!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

I have run 104's at BR. And that was on unshaven new toyo r888 with bad pads. With the right tire, brake setup there is a 102-103 out there with not much trouble.

And if you kno about lap times out there you kno what kinda cars that puts you with!

Last edited by jerdeitzel; Jul 9, 2009 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet