Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evol.ved
How is the build coming?
Rolls out on the 27th . That's the earliest I could get in, and that eas since early June. Should go smooth I think I coverd all the bases
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Rolls out on the 27th . That's the earliest I could get in, and that eas since early June. Should go smooth I think I coverd all the bases
That's awesome.

Word around the Evo sewing circle is it'll be quite the fast evo.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric Morse
Yeh, Id be there on the 26 if I wasn't at autobahn.

Anyone going up for the vintage gp stuff at BR this weekend?
Yeah. Saturday seems like its going to rain, so I may skip that day. Sunday only has 10% chance, so I'll probably be making it that day.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
let me know when you're going to pick her up. I wouldn't mind making the trip out and taking the camcorder along
Old Jul 10, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Did you guys still plan on having an evo meet tomorrow?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
not sure if you will see that from a car around here. In fact I'm not sure many cars have broken that 1 min barrier. I beleive a gt1 Porsche may have the closed fendered car record at 58 maybe. You would need to
have a 2700 lb evo with about 450 whp. Oh, Patrick is building one of those hopefully.
I'm sitting around 2600lbs looking to get a little lighter still. Probably going to be like 700hp. And all I need to do is get some sway bars and put my other wheels and tires on. Then I will be ready for sub 1's at beaver run haha. I'm joking but I would love to break 1.05s.

Meet tomorrow? Eh I got work to do on my car! Coolant temp gauge is freaking out and it scares me!
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Morse
Yeah, I thought Pat said he was running 104s in his evo because I ran 107s in the stock lotus against his evo, your evo from what I hear is a DAMN fast car, can only immagine what an evo with 450+whp would be there. Yeah anyone not knowing how fast a sub 108 is at BR is damn damn fast.
I wanna see an Evo from the area break into a 59sec
The best I've run out there with the red car was 1:05's on NT01's with the new suspension.

The race car won't have the HP (or driver talent ) to get into the 1:00's, but I would think if you or Jeremy took a shot at it, you could get pretty close....

It was funny; last time I was there I asked Chris where I could pick up a couple seconds, he asked me what I was running and when I told him he said "I'm going to have to think about that".

For a short track, there's not a ton of room to shave 2-3 sesonds off w/o the HP to help....
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Yeah I have heard of a lot of cool stuff in the pipepline but I am in a holding pattern on the car right now until I finish up school. I will pretend like I didn't hear that so that I can get my work done lol

I have it set at 80 right now and for some reason I keep seeing inconsistent knock between 90-110ish. I pulled tons of timing as a test and it still seems to happen here and there. I am thinking it may be false knock.. I dunno

In asking that question I was hoping you were going to say like anything below 120 is not worth paying attention to but now it seems I may have some more work to do! For now I might just go with the 160... Ignorance is bliss right?

Thanks
It really could be noise.....I get knock all the time around 70-80 load at 2500-3000 rpms. Once I go into boost/and or increase rpms it goes away. Its just a resonance or something in the motor - I don't worry about part throttle knock unless its causing drive ability issues.....i see like 3-8 counts typically.

I have added timing, removed timing and it never goes away - even on other alternative fuels that can be found in my gas tank.

I pretty much ignore any knock under part throttle driving (unless your pegging the knock sensor and the car runs like poo) - i just like to see when its happening and make sure its not out of the norm for my own car, which really it never is.

Def. pay more attention to knock going into boost at wot - that's the stuff that kills a good run - the 160/180+ load area.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodrivesme
I'm sitting around 2600lbs looking to get a little lighter still. Probably going to be like 700hp. And all I need to do is get some sway bars and put my other wheels and tires on. Then I will be ready for sub 1's at beaver run haha. I'm joking but I would love to break 1.05s.

Meet tomorrow? Eh I got work to do on my car! Coolant temp gauge is freaking out and it scares me!
nice to see a projected 700hp car running in the 10's.........
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goforwand
The best I've run out there with the red car was 1:05's on NT01's with the new suspension.

The race car won't have the HP (or driver talent ) to get into the 1:00's, but I would think if you or Jeremy took a shot at it, you could get pretty close....

It was funny; last time I was there I asked Chris where I could pick up a couple seconds, he asked me what I was running and when I told him he said "I'm going to have to think about that".

For a short track, there's not a ton of room to shave 2-3 sesonds off w/o the HP to help....
What is considered a respectable time on the North Loop with a street car on street tires and I mean something like Z1 Star Specs, RE-11's or AD-08's?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
nice to see a projected 700hp car running in the 10's.........
I'm not sure I get what you are
saying.. The car is not at 700hp yet.. There are still a few things I need to get and that I need to change. Also I'm a very inexperienced drag racer, Wednesday was my first time ever doing it. If you are attempting to talk some kind of **** I don't understand why? Stooping low like the other idiots that come on here is just a waste of your time because I don't give a damn what you or anyone else thinks.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
What is considered a respectable time on the North Loop with a street car on street tires and I mean something like Z1 Star Specs, RE-11's or AD-08's?
I have my evo up there just to seat the new brakes in and I didn't do any timing but from seat of the pants I'd guess around a 1:13-1:15.
On really crappy 400A tires and I probally have the stockest evo in the area.
So probally around 1:10-1:13 would be good with non pepboys tires
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodrivesme
I'm not sure I get what you are
saying.. The car is not at 700hp yet.. There are still a few things I need to get and that I need to change. Also I'm a very inexperienced drag racer, Wednesday was my first time ever doing it. If you are attempting to talk some kind of **** I don't understand why? Stooping low like the other idiots that come on here is just a waste of your time because I don't give a damn what you or anyone else thinks.
easy...I was giving you props dude compared to other dyno queens that made nice numbers and ran like poo at the track - you on the other hand went to the track and ran good times so far and will get better.....and yet to have a dyno sheet.

I must have misread your post - didn't you say it should be around 700hp?

I'm sitting around 2600lbs looking to get a little lighter still. Probably going to be like 700hp.
not to be rude but obviously you do care or you wouldn't have just flipped on me out of assumption.......
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Oh please. Save your false bravado for someone who believes it.

How are those races with dan l and Travis working out? Still not ready yet?

Even if you did show I know you'd lie, cheat or steal to win. Not even because you had to but because that's the kind of person that you are.

Besides, I would never make a wager with someone who has no integrity. You've proven repeatedly honesty and integrity are something you completely lack.

How's that bite you?

After all this time you still think being able to go faster then someone else is a straight line makes you somehow the better man. What makes a man is the ability to stick to his word, have some trustworthiness and principals.

Why just the other day wasn't someone looking for you to own up to $50 you owe them? You see Denny, Nicely or anyone I know on here I've done business with calling me out publicly for money? I pay my debts. You're a walking excuse machine.

Just when I was ready to give you the benefit of the doubt you prove you are still pathetic.

hahahahaha ohh boy

you still obviously think i am bothered by your rants. So we have members who dont like me. should i care? do you ever see me apologize? Im the type of guy who looks out for myself, my gf and my family. I dont care about you, or anyone else on this forum. I get on here to read information, look for news, and general stuff that i may consider doing to my car at some point and time.

As for me owing money and being asked publicly about it? Yes, i bought an intake manifold off of ryan a while ago. After he left where we worked i saw him 1 time, and it was at the race track 2 weeks ago. last thing i thought about was $50 when i was racing and he doesnt have my number sooo. whooooaaaa whooaaaa anything else?

If you wanna be a smart *** about me selling stuff, why not click on the little number on the side of my name, contact some people and ask them what they think of the products i have sold them.

wow you bought stuff from dan and denny. i imagine my bill was higher with them than yours, and you dont see them asking me for money. go put a dry pad on ya little girl
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
easy...I was giving you props dude compared to other dyno queens that made nice numbers and ran like poo at the track - you on the other hand went to the track and ran good times so far and will get better.....and yet to have a dyno sheet.

I must have misread your post - didn't you say it should be around 700hp?

not to be rude but obviously you do care or you wouldn't have just flipped on me out of assumption.......
i dont care i flipped out because im pissed that people are acting like idiots in here. sorry for jumping on you. you can never know what people mean when you see the ......... usually its sarcasm.

ya it should be around 700hp it isnt yet but should be. thats probably about the max for a 37r i would guess, maybe mid 700's but i havent seen anything much higher on a 37.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet