Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know what Mike was like before the Evo? I predict there could have been occasions when he smiled....
Old Jul 12, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Canexican
Anyone know what Mike was like before the Evo? I predict there could have been occasions when he smiled....
hey i noticed you ran a 12.8 with only a few mods a while back, now that your sig has all kind of goodies, you should get to the track again..
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Some from you guys pretending to know what you were doing.

Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:23 PM

No Bikes Allowed!

Hey Trav thats a long ride up to Beaverun!!
Attached Thumbnails local Pittsburgh Meet-travtrek.jpg  
Old Jul 12, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

^^

That's just too funny. He tossed the bike in there before jumping in the car.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This picture I took was kinda cool so i figured id share it with you guys

Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:40 PM

LOL strategic placement!!

Oh wait bikes aren't enough so now planes!?!

Edit: Cool pic btw
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:44 PM

I see justin finally found his way to the track....
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

The Subie guys sure made a showing there. haha. I also got to ride in the Shelby Cobra for the charity runs. Holy **** that was a fun 2 laps.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
hey i noticed you ran a 12.8 with only a few mods a while back, now that your sig has all kind of goodies, you should get to the track again..
Well, I did take it back to the track and couldn't run any better - car wasn't tuned yet for the mods. First run: I had a decent 1.75 60ft, but completely missed 2nd gear. Still managed to run 12.8@109 - at least I know its making more power. The next run, I bogged horribly off the launch and somehow only mustered 13.0@109.9. I only had two runs because PRP sucks. 3 cars broke down and it took them forever to get everything cleaned up and ready to go again. Complete waste of my money and time.

Car is still not completely tuned and running a rich 10.0AFR@WOT. There is also some timing issue every time I shift where the engine seems to misfire slightly before letting the full power come back on - definitely losing valuable time between shifts. I'm not going back to the track until its completely tuned and I'm not sure how badly I want to go to PRP because it seems to be a crappier experience every time I run there.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

hey metalsaber thanks for getting some pics of me in action! were you in the silver evo that i saw pulling in as i walking over to check out the course? i wanted to introduce myself but spent most of the day running around like an idiot or trying to weasel rides in other cars.

brian huber took me for a spin in his c5 z06 (literally. we came off the straight and the car went *** over front. that's what happens with near 500hp even on race rubber). that was fun. i had almost forgotten how amazing the visceral feeling of a big block getting flogged is like. when he launched that thing and the torque hit my chest it was quite awesome.

yesterday was a whole lot of fun. i got my *** handed to me running in BSP with the race tire boys but i still had a blast. i didn't find out until after my first run that i could have entered in to a tire index PAX class and probably had a better shot at getting a trophy, but since i was only able to make it for one day i figured it didn't really matter.

mark andy designed the course so it was mostly about power. it's not often i get to ride the rev limiter in second halfway across beaver's VDA area.

most of my runs i had my had fully up my ***. it's been a while since i have raced so i had quite a few cobwebs to dust off, but the new tires are fantastic.

the surface was pretty slick, i even had one run where i drifted about half the course. good times.

is anyone going to walnut street today? the PVGP car show is there from 5 - 9. i will be stopping by on my way home from work to check out the rides probably around 5:30 - 5:45ish.

then tomorrow is the huge show/cruise down the waterfront from 5 - 9. conveniently they are both on my way home from work.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Hey Trav thats a long ride up to Beaverun!!
- yea that is out of my league for distance.

I was in north park riding trails for 3 hrs yesterday - way to fun....let me know when your healed up and ready to go - there are a ton of trails there, I spent all the time on the trails by the pool/auto-x area and that is probably a 1/4 of what there is that I have not discovered yet in the other areas of NP.

only problem is some of those hills are f-ing killer

Last edited by travman; Jul 13, 2009 at 06:39 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
This picture I took was kinda cool so i figured id share it with you guys

that is a cool picture......congrats on the timing.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
- yea that is out of my league for distance.

I was in north park riding trails for 3 hrs yesterday - way to fun....let me know when your healed up and ready to go - there are a ton of trails there, I spent all the time on the trails by the pool/auto-x area and that is probably a 1/4 of what there is that I have not discovered yet in the other areas of NP.

only problem is some of those hills are f-ing killer

you need to show me some of these trails. i am always looking for new places to take the puppy out hiking. she loves the woods. new smells galore for her to chase around.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey metalsaber thanks for getting some pics of me in action! were you in the silver evo that i saw pulling in as i walking over to check out the course? i wanted to introduce myself but spent most of the day running around like an idiot or trying to weasel rides in other cars.

brian huber took me for a spin in his c5 z06 (literally. we came off the straight and the car went *** over front. that's what happens with near 500hp even on race rubber). that was fun. i had almost forgotten how amazing the visceral feeling of a big block getting flogged is like. when he launched that thing and the torque hit my chest it was quite awesome.

yesterday was a whole lot of fun. i got my *** handed to me running in BSP with the race tire boys but i still had a blast. i didn't find out until after my first run that i could have entered in to a tire index PAX class and probably had a better shot at getting a trophy, but since i was only able to make it for one day i figured it didn't really matter.

mark andy designed the course so it was mostly about power. it's not often i get to ride the rev limiter in second halfway across beaver's VDA area.

most of my runs i had my had fully up my ***. it's been a while since i have raced so i had quite a few cobwebs to dust off, but the new tires are fantastic.

the surface was pretty slick, i even had one run where i drifted about half the course. good times.

is anyone going to walnut street today? the PVGP car show is there from 5 - 9. i will be stopping by on my way home from work to check out the rides probably around 5:30 - 5:45ish.

then tomorrow is the huge show/cruise down the waterfront from 5 - 9. conveniently they are both on my way home from work.
Yeah I pulled in with the Silver Evo. I saw your cars inside the go-cart area, but wasn't sure if I was allowed in, so I stayed out. Sure looked like a blast riding around in the course. Let me know when you are going to do that again. We can meet up and I can get some more pictures. I do it as a hobby anyways.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet