Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR. Tim
No disrespect intended but if you are going to make that sort of comparison, then you need to be objective. It sounds extremely vain to say you are saving money to put toward your mothers health, but in the mean time you will buy car parts. Just maybe not the top of the line, best possible car parts. To most people, there is no compromise.

On a side note, your stock clutch should still be OK at your current power level especially considering how long you have been running your setup. You either need more seat time with a manual transmission car, or you need to lay off the 2 step launches, or a combination of the 2.
Im fine driving a manual its just the launches that hurt it. and yea that comparison was a little off of what i ment. I ment that if my family ever needs help i could help with some of the bills or w.e instead of buying car parts that i want, or i guess need in this case..
Old Jul 13, 2009, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Well if that is the reason sell the car! You will need much more then that to try out alternative options. My wife's mother passed away from cancer. I do hope see beats it!

But come on. The evo is a very expensive car to maintain. And in one breath you say save money, then you talk about getting springs and wheels to race.
haha ill never sell it as long as i can keep paying for it unless we really go in debt bad. Sorry to hear that, best of luck with your wife. I mean i have money bonds bank account etc, im just depending on what to do with it atm.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 05:34 PM

clutch

Originally Posted by joshevo22
So im kinda stuck in this clutch thing.... my two choices are get the Twin Disc exedy clutch with labor for 2500 and it comes with a flywheel or Change the whole car back to stock and get another stuck clutch in the car for free maybe if its under warrenty. I would think so since theres only 3000 miles on the car. And of course if i got another stock clutch i would baby the car. also if i got the stock clutch i would prob get my rims and springs to lower the car.. Idk what to do. I kinda just want to get the twin disc and it be over with but i dont have alot of cash atm......
the clutch has no warranty..It would not be replaced for free...its the same as brakes pads.If its worn out no matter what you are paying for it.....I met in the future If you had mecanical failures you would be more likley to get it fixed under warranty if it had a stock clutch in it..
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsmaster
the clutch has no warranty..It would not be replaced for free...its the same as brakes pads.If its worn out no matter what you are paying for it.....I met in the future If you had mecanical failures you would be more likley to get it fixed under warranty if it had a stock clutch in it..
Wow 3000 miles out of a stock clutch or brake pad is considered normal wear and tear? I would hope that on a stock car this would be considered pre-mature wear and covered under warranty.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtmx
Wow 3000 miles out of a stock clutch or brake pad is considered normal wear and tear? I would hope that on a stock car this would be considered pre-mature wear and covered under warranty.
why would this be considered premature wear? I could take a brand new evo and toast a set of pads with one track day if you were not careful. Same goes for launching the car at every stop light you come to= toasted clutch! How can Mitsubishi kno were and how you drive your car? These are not race cars out of the box.

Just bye the twin and be done with it!

Last edited by jerdeitzel; Jul 13, 2009 at 06:36 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

why would this be considered premature wear? I could take a brand new evo and toast a set of pads with one track day if you were not careful. Same goes for launching the car at every stop light you come to= toasted clutch! How can Mitsubishi kno were and how you drive your car? These are not race cars out of the box.

Just bye the twin and be done with it!
Agreed but that same abuse could be done to the engine, suspension(off road) etc... and these items are still covered? I agree that if you are going down the path of modding, you need to upgrade your clutch. I am talking about the other group of customers that drive normally on the street and don't enjoy beating the **** out of their car on the track.

Last edited by xtmx; Jul 13, 2009 at 07:13 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:11 PM

I am talking about the other group of customers that drive normally on the street and don't enjoy beating the **** out of their car on the track.
These type of people exist? lol

Honestly tho I agree with Jer on this one. Unless it is a defective part, I wouldn't turn it in for a warranty claim. 8 launches on a stock clutch making that much power is asking for it IMO.

Last edited by EvoIan; Jul 13, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
The 60' time has nothing to do with his mph being lower......its called add hp or subtract weight and you will see the mph change, whether he comes off the line hard or slow mph should stay pretty consistent.

Its A. the car is just down on hp not being tuned correctly yet or B. it might have been really hot which will drop hp and cause mph to drop. C. missing gears doesn't help mph either.

?

tell that to the slick car guys running 10.0 @ like 119 mph.
next time you go to the track, drive the car off the line, and watch your mph go up.

less time it takes you to get to 60' means less time to get to 1320' meaning you are getting there quicker. not faster..

for the options.

A) tuning is always an option ( but in reality chaning parts without tuning the car rarely changes hp in my opinion unless its for the bad)
B) heat may adjust for 1 or 2 mph MAX. last time i was at the track in the heat of the day around 6 or so, it was like 91 deg and extremely hot where i ran a 112.5 mph and like 4 hours later when it was like chilled out i ran a 113.4 or something with almost identical 60's (1.80 vs 1.83)
C) missing gears never helps haha this is extremely true!

If i am incorrect tell me
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed but that same abuse could be done to the engine, suspension(off road) etc... and these items are still covered? I agree that if you are going down the path of modding, you need to upgrade your clutch. I am talking about the other group of customers that drive normally on the street and don't enjoy beating the **** out of their car on the track.
that's my issue. There are a few out there that just drive these cars normal. They get screwed by the people that mod their car then something breaks and they turn it back to stock to get it paid for. All that does is make mitsubishi not want to warrenty anything!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by mitsmaster
Ah, ok then looks like ill be buying a twin disc in a week. Depending on when i get the money wich should be in like 5 days or so. Or sooner hopefully When do you think you could get the car in so you can change it?
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

that's my issue. There are a few out there that just drive these cars normal. They get screwed by the people that mod their car then something breaks and they turn it back to stock to get it paid for. All that does is make mitsubishi not want to warrenty anything!
Thats true, I read that post earlier and couldn't agree more. Another problem is that these claims are really just a band aid, not a repair. Sooner or later the extra HP or constant abuse is going to do the same damage. It's sad that people are so quick to spend money to make HP but when it comes to supporting mods its a different story.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

for all you transformer geeks...

Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:17 PM

Well my bad for bringing up the warrenty thing. Ill just spend the extra cash and buy the twin disc. Sorry for the incoveniance
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
jeez 3,000 miles on a clutch...thats like oil change interval.....
Old Jul 14, 2009, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joshevo22
Well my bad for bringing up the warrenty thing. Ill just spend the extra cash and buy the twin disc. Sorry for the incoveniance

I daily drove a twin disk , and I mean daily without fail, in 80% city driving in my last evo. Up and down hills, parkway traffic, you name it.

The chatter is noticeable every time the clutch is depressed. Driving up and down hills is acctually a bit easier because you need to slip the clutch a good bit. The twin is a slightly different driving style then a single and does take a little getting used to.

The only issue I had regularly was gear lockout when the oil was cold. This made parralel parking a pita. Also you need to pay closer attention when just driving around otherwise you might stall it on accident.

Overall though its one of the best upgrades you can do for the car. It really lets you launch the car hard with a great deal of ease. Pedal pressure is similar to stock.

Oh yeah, they're expensive. They have areputation for lasting. Nothing lasts forever.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet