Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan, Brian must have deemed it against the EvoM rules. You will have to take it up with him. You can bet your post was deleted, I just wish they would give you some heads up so you don't think your crazy...lol
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure if it was anyone on here, but if you are, whoever was just in the silver 8/9 on Rt 30 by Westmoreland Mall - you damn near plowed into me with that douchebag weave and speed up of yours. Especially since i was braking for a car turning in front of me. Try watching traffic and not acting like a hard ***.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah..thats how i see it....granted i havent been here as long as some of you guys...but it has been cool meeting you guys and for the couple of years i have been on here the problems seem to be minimal
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Mike
Old Jul 23, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

maybe we need to start using code word s
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

i didnt want to put all of these pictures on the pittsburgh thread....but here is a link to the thread where i posted some pictures i took

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...e-my-viii.html
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Looks great Brian!!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ya the car def looks real clean!!!
Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Yes that is what I'm talking about. Maybe cause I gave very detailed info about it I don't know. Or ya maybe they realize I'm a dick so it's delete city for me haha. Funny thing is I stand to gain nothing out of it. I was just spreading the word for a friend
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

i definitely have my share of stone chips too...i just try to clean it every weekend....
Old Jul 23, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolving Member

and i am going to the " turkey roast " on saturday ill be there early....prob like 8:30
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

see you guys bright and early on sunday at the north track.

this is gonna be fun.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 09:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
So appearantly my post regarding a local dyno event has been deleted by the mods. This is re*******diculous.

I truly can't see how an event local to ourselves here in the Burgh is not allowed to be posted on a public forum.

I know that post had posted cause I left and come back and it was there now it's gone , that's some gayness to the fullest
Posts for stuff like that usually ride the line, toss in the fact that it was more of a sales pitch for the shop than anything that you had "been asked to post" and the fact that the owner has already been banned for spamming his shop here and that equals your post being deleted.

Ya a simple hey steelcity you homo I deleted your post. I just don't see how a local event to us could possibly affect the paying vendors ability to do business thru evom.

Some common sense being used could go a long way here.

Who to say that maybe J wouldn't become a paying vendor on here if he was to succeed at his venture. But they sure the he'll not giving the local guy a chance to offer fellow local Pittsburgh evo owners a service that is availible to us here locally , nobody is pushing this on the national level so I can't see how it can infringe on other vendors!!!!
When I contact someone I have to log it, the only way to do that is through our infractions system. I deleted your post as I didn't want to toss points along with it, I'll be sure not to do that in the future.

J has had a chance here to be a vendor, he's had multiple warnings which he ignored and earned himself a ban. He had his chance, he ruined it.

Originally Posted by xsolowx
wouldnt talking about a local dyno day be the same as talking about an auto cross event or event at BR? either way it costs money ...isnt that why we are all here to talk about local events and stuff we can do to get together? I dont get it either...besides that ..just being a slightly modded car, im not driving 3 or 4 hours just to dyno.....
It's a very close line that's walked, but when it's more of a sales pitch than anything it goes well over it. If I were to go by the book then everything would go if it wasn't from a vendor, I don't want to do that.

Ya that's how I see it it's a local Pittsburgh event . Moderators need to stay the F out of our stuff. This is our local community and their shltin all over it IMO!!!
Don't give me a reason to be involved and I wont be. Your local community is fine, but it still has to operate within the rules of the site. Some stuff is let slide here, but some stuff wont be allowed to as well.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

So as to comply with the rules - what would be the acceptable way for saying "hey there is a new shop XXX opening, trying to get some business, wants to do a dyno day, XX dollars for XX runs"? What if the shop isnt evo specific and services many different cars? Just some local shop that got a dyno put in? That would no make sense for them to become a vendor. Keep in mind im not talking about this particular instance and J with his new shop. Im just saying for anything that would fall under these circumstances.

We as a group need to have some place to let eachother know about events that may be going on. Even if it is a shop sponsoring some sort of event.

I didnt see Steelcity's sales pitch, but im sure we would all like to hear an example from a mod's mouth of how we should handle a situation like that. Im sure if you give us an example, we would be more inclined to follow it instead of trying to decipher the rules, then figure out how we think the mods will view the post depending on which one reviews it...... You see what i mean?

Brian, you yourself said it "rides the line" and that "going by the book......but you dont want to do that". If you are cutting slack, either you dont believe in the rule you are cutting slack for, or you want to be nice to the offending poster. Either way, how are we supposed to know, on any given day, if you or any other modorator will take those 2 things into consideration?

Last edited by MR. Tim; Jul 24, 2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just as a question, where exactly is the next closest dyno shop? I mean, I'm not looking to drive across the state or 2 just to get a dyno from a site vendor. I'd rather know about local ones. If that means we can mention their names and not prices, thats fine. We could do that through PMs.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet