Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2009, 11:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Canexican
As much as moderators infuriate me, I have to say that I thought Brian was being pretty fair with my post on the subject. I mean, I was pretty specific:

"Oh, and just to let you guys know, there is an Evo owner that is opening up a Mustang Dyno in Verona, PA (right near Monroeville). I'm going there early on Saturday to do a few pulls and get some datalogs. He's only charging $50 for three pulls which I didnt think was too steep. I guess Nate from TPG Tuning will be doing tuning there as well. Don't know if he has a website yet, but it is called J&S Auto if anyone is interested...nice to have a Mustang Dyno so close !"

Didn't know it was such a big deal, but I suppose it does make sense. Steelcity's post must have been a bit more persuasive than mine.
Actually, I didn't see this or I would have nuked this as well. It was tough to find but our official stance in the past regarding events is the following:

Events
• An event is considered “For-Profit” if money is collected to attend or participate
• For-Profit events must be authorized by the EvolutionM advertising staff and may require a vendor package. Contact one of the Staff for approval.
• For-Profit events that will not require a vendor package include motorsports events and shows that specifically include Lancers. These events may not be used as a tool to promote any other non vendor business.
• Local and National meets, BBQs, etc must not reference any non vendor business.
• Dynos days, tuning days, and other paid service event require a vendor account
• Exceptions – Members may discuss any event as long as they are not promoting it on behalf of themselves or another party.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beowulfhuntr
So do you guys meet up together in pittsburgh a lot? I have an 09 GTS 2.4L that i am getting ready to slap a turbo on & get the internals forged.

It would be sweet to meet up with a couple more evo freaks in the area

My CD link is below if you want to see what my ride looks like

Maybe in a couple years i'll be able to afford an evo

we're getting about due for a meet sometime in the near future. it's been a couple weeks.

- edit - lancer looks nice. you didn't waste any time with her.

Last edited by MondoBongo; Jul 25, 2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
blueberry is jdm jeff from greensburg...he works at peking garden...his ***** finally dropped and he got a real mans car
What's up Garcia lol.. What happened to the Peking street crew?? Yup evo holla!!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone wanna go to the irwin car cruise this evening if it doesnt rain?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Dang if I wasn't working right now I would be down.. What time does it start?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blueberryyumyum
Dang if I wasn't working right now I would be down.. What time does it start?
Its at Norwin Hills shopping center across Rt 30 from Target. It goes from 5 - dark if it doesnt rain.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:27 AM

life lesson

today I learned that towing a vehicle on rt 19 ,with nothing but a set of vise grips for a steering wheel, and no brakes...May not have such a good outcome...
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsmaster
today I learned that towing a vehicle on rt 19 ,with nothing but a set of vise grips for a steering wheel, and no brakes...May not have such a good outcome...
I'll bite. Details?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:51 AM

life lesson

Yes its an evo..Its goforwand(patrick) time attack evo....We decided to see take it it down the highway just to see how it felt....No motor no trans .....Actually we took it to the a shop just down the road...I think pat got to go for a good first ride in his race car...............
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDLTURBO

ah the old lanky HVAC repair man mod. how much horsepowerz did that get you?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Brian
Actually, I didn't see this or I would have nuked this as well. It was tough to find but our official stance in the past regarding events is the following:

Events
• An event is considered “For-Profit” if money is collected to attend or participate
• For-Profit events must be authorized by the EvolutionM advertising staff and may require a vendor package. Contact one of the Staff for approval.
• For-Profit events that will not require a vendor package include motorsports events and shows that specifically include Lancers. These events may not be used as a tool to promote any other non vendor business.
• Local and National meets, BBQs, etc must not reference any non vendor business.
• Dynos days, tuning days, and other paid service event require a vendor account
• Exceptions – Members may discuss any event as long as they are not promoting it on behalf of themselves or another party.
As much as it sucks the policy is consistent and makes sense. If I had a vendor account I would expect the EvoM staff to protect my interest and keep unapproved vendors away from my customer base.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

vise grips... make one hell of a shift knob, steering wheel... not so good.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so did anyone else make it out to the Dyno day today? I went in the morning but had something to do in the afternoon, so i couldnt really hang out that long
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Yes its an evo..Its goforwand(patrick) time attack evo....We decided to see take it it down the highway just to see how it felt....No motor no trans .....Actually we took it to the a shop just down the road...I think pat got to go for a good first ride in his race car...............
remind me not to let you tow my car anywhere. Gota love life lessons! Lol

Where were you taking the car? Or shouldn't I ask!
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

So did you guys actually dyno your cars or just look at it? I wouldve expected to see dyno numbers posted everywhere.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet