Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evol.ved
go to the one in the strip district if you want a primanti sandwich.

The rest aren't the same.
+1!!!!!!!
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
300 on a mustang is nothing to sneeze at.
i honestly didnt know where i would be on a mustang.....veryone seems to be saying that is a descent # for the mods i have
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet jesus guys. i don't even know where to begin. the time trial today at the north track was EASILY the most fun i have ever had in that car. it's so much easier than i thought it would be, our cars really are made to live on a road course.

it was a little intimidating at first, being that i had no instructor, and about a 5 minute driver's meeting in morning. many thanks to jeremy for letting me follow him the first lap to see the line, then summarily leaving me in his dust! solid 1:04's, that is impressive man. i would love to see you run the hoosiers there.

the best i was able to manage today was a 1:11.60. which i am told isn't too bad for my first time ever on that track (or any real track for that matter). i even got to pass someone in the first morning session.

needless to say my brembos are now brownbos, the badge of honor in some ways.

i did have one scary moment today on my very first lap. i came in to turn 1 way too hot, dropped my wheels off, then the car rotated and shot back into the grass on the side of turn two. luckily i was able to get it under control pretty quickly and get back on the tarmac. no grass was harmed too badly during that incident.

i'm really just enamored with the whole experience. near 20 minute long sessions feel like an absolute eternity. i had more seat time in by noon than i have in the last three seasons of autocross events combined. absolutely mind bending fun finally letting the stretch her legs.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
sweet jesus guys. i don't even know where to begin. the time trial today at the north track was EASILY the most fun i have ever had in that car. it's so much easier than i thought it would be, our cars really are made to live on a road course.

it was a little intimidating at first, being that i had no instructor, and about a 5 minute driver's meeting in morning. many thanks to jeremy for letting me follow him the first lap to see the line, then summarily leaving me in his dust! solid 1:04's, that is impressive man. i would love to see you run the hoosiers there.

the best i was able to manage today was a 1:11.60. which i am told isn't too bad for my first time ever on that track (or any real track for that matter). i even got to pass someone in the first morning session.

i did have one scary moment today on my very first lap. i came in to turn 1 way too hot, dropped my wheels off, then the car rotated and shot back into the grass on the side of turn two. luckily i was able to get it under control pretty quickly and get back on the tarmac. no grass was harmed too badly during that incident.

i'm really just enamored with the whole experience. near 20 minute long sessions feel like an absolute eternity. i had more seat time in by noon than i have in the last three seasons of autocross events combined. absolutely mind bending fun finally letting the stretch her legs.
Welcome to the addiction - the Evo is a serious road course car.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Welcome to the addiction - the Evo is a serious road course car.
it's been a long time coming. finally time and money met up on the same weekend as an event. that almost never happens!

i'm already counting down the days until the next time trial there. if possible i would also like to hit mid ohio and nelson ledges as well, and god willing (well money willing) at least one hillclimb before the end of the season. we will have to see about that one though. that might be a big ask.

and yeah, primanti's sammiches are amazing. if you've never had one before, you really need to.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like fun. I wish I went down there to watch. Do you know when the next one is?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

here are some pictures i snapped with my blackberry. hopefully next time someone with a serious camera will come out.

the brownbos! believe it or not before i went up there today those were in perfect condition. bright red and white.

Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Sounds like fun. I wish I went down there to watch. Do you know when the next one is?
two more scheduled for this year:

September 26 - 27
Oct 31 – Nov 1

they run both days. cost is $75 a day, plus a $30 BR license fee if you don't already have one. the only catch being is that you need to be approved as a group 3 driver because you get no in car instruction. i was able to race because of all my previous time trials on the wilson circuit, which actually made me eligible for an SCCA Time Trial License. basically they just want to make sure that everyone going out there has a reasonable amount of experience to compete safely.

i even got to pass someone in the morning sessions. that was a new experience. although i spent a good deal more time getting passed by jeremy and a cataram (one of the ones that looks like a lotus super 7).
Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
two more scheduled for this year:

September 26 - 27
Oct 31 – Nov 1

they run both days. cost is $75 a day, plus a $30 BR license fee if you don't already have one. the only catch being is that you need to be approved as a group 3 driver because you get no in car instruction. i was able to race because of all my previous time trials on the wilson circuit, which actually made me eligible for an SCCA Time Trial License. basically they just want to make sure that everyone going out there has a reasonable amount of experience to compete safely.

i even got to pass someone in the morning sessions. that was a new experience. although i spent a good deal more time getting passed by jeremy and a cataram (one of the ones that looks like a lotus super 7).
Sounds like fun. I'll make sure to bring my camera for the next events!!!
Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

My buddy matt races down at the north track all the time. He drives a black dc5. He's always told me how exciting it is. I've made it to quite a few auto cross days down there. And the instructors down there are always open to give advice. Not sure if chris still works down there or not but he is one of the sickest drivers I've ever seen
Old Jul 26, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!!

Having BeaveRun so close can be addicting. Between Flat Out Days, Test and Tune's, Time Trials, and HPDE events it's like having the crack dealer right down the street

11's is great for your first time out
Old Jul 26, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Yep great day of racing. Justin did great for his first time out and he was thrown in with the big fish right off the bat. Not much we could do about it. I did try and show him the way around at least . He figured it out.

Now my day was fun. I got to play with some Data aquisition. It ws very cool and told you more info then you can imagine. Great driving tool. What I learned from it today was I still need better brakes pads! Or maybe even brakes period. I did have some low 104's today so I am getting closer 103's on my current tires. It seems from analyzing data that I could probably get there with better stopping power. ( not something I needed told when your foot is on the floor and your hoping the cars slows just alittle more. Other then that I was pretty condistsnt in most sections, altho after seeing some mistakes I was able to smooth it out a little.

I was using the traqmate system and it really was amazing. If anyone wants to ever buy something like this let me kno and I will get you a good deal on them.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 10:30 PM

^ Yea i think the black 1 was running slow was because he didnt launch it. he just got off the line easy. Guess that works if you dont wanna break anything
Old Jul 27, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
i honestly didnt know where i would be on a mustang.....veryone seems to be saying that is a descent # for the mods i have
Yeah dude its not bad at all....your on the stock 9.8 evo8 turbo - with nothing ported yet on 21/22 psi.

Your tune is also pretty tam (peak numbers wise), definitely more room for additional power but for DD there is no reason to run a car on the limit every day of its life.....and you wanted a safe car to beat on day to day which is what you have

There is more room to turn up the boost and add timing....plus the car hasn't been touched tune wise in over a year or more? I must say that afr curve is nice and flat for not being touched in how long......id be satisfied with that as a starting point.

If you want more power you can add a ported manifold, ported 10.5 hotside, and SS O2 Housing,......+ freshen up the tune and turn the boost up some more.

- Trav

Last edited by travman; Jul 27, 2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
Yeah dude its not bad at all....your on the stock 9.8 evo8 turbo - with nothing ported yet on 21/22 psi.

Your tune is also pretty tame, definitely more room for more power but for DD there is no reason to run a car on the limit every day of its life.....and you wanted a safe car to beat on day to day which is what you have

There is more room to turn up the boost and add timing....plus the car hasn't been touched tune wise in over a year or more? I must say that afr curve is nice and flat for not being touched in how long......id be satisfied with that as a starting point.

If you want more power you can add a ported manifold, ported 10.5 hotside, and SS O2 Housing,......+ freshen up the tune and turn the boost up some more.

- Trav
I get to ride in this car daily, since we work at the same place . I think the car/tune is perfect, pulls HARD and always a fun ride.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet