Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by denrock

I'll be at the meet this Sat. Somehow I didn't get on the "list" of attendees, although I posted my eagerness to attend
Your on now there big buddy
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
By the way, did you get any of you pics up from the hillclimb last weekend? . Lol.
Not yet. I've been using Picasa for a while to manage/edit the photos on my computer. Been thinking about hosting pics at google for a while. I might just do that and point everyone there.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:15 PM

I wish I could come to the meet it's like 45 minutes from my house
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Conceptfromfire
I wish I could come to the meet it's like 45 minutes from my house
Just come I believe we got somebody coming from WV so really it cant be that bad for ya
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Local Pittsburgh Meet , August 29th 7PM Lowes Waterfront Theater ( In Back Near Stacks)

So Far:

SteelCityEvo8
Evolved
MondoBongo
Holiday63
EvoIan
MetalSaber
Evodrivesme
Mike01gsr
Garcia10
Jay(J&S Dyno)
Shawn (banned from EvoM haha)
xslowx
Joshevo22
Denrock
Beowulfhuntr
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:20 PM

yeah but I'm having a party at my place haha I wish I knew sooner.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

yeah but I'm having a party at my place haha I wish I knew sooner.
Ya well shlt then we can all just come to your house and screw the meet its time to party bro!!!!

What part of town you from man?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:25 PM

I'm about 15 miles from kittanning and like 50 or 60 from pittsburgh if you go up 28
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

O ok well damn your up north a good bit , well keep an eye out for meets man , make a trip down and meet the local community
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:32 PM

hell yeah I'll keep checking things out, by the way know anyone that wants a set of gauge covers, like that cover the instrument panel cluster they change from blue to green
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I should be at the meet even though my car is a little crooked....

boycott megan...
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by denrock
My goal for now is to put together a decent road race car. I'll do time trial, hillclimb, maybe a little autocross. Basically SOLO stuff. No drag. That said, most of the money will be in suspension and what not. But I want a relatively high-horsepower car, say minimum 400whp, maybe close to 500whp.

I've gone the route of buying individual components from different vendors/manufacturers while modding my STi, and, while I put together a pretty mean car, I would rather not do that again. I'm after a (mostly) complete kit. Not just a bolt-on turbo. Definitely will get a tubular mani. The one thing I really like about AMS kit is the EWG is plumbed into the exhaust. I have open EWG on the STi, and I'm not a huge fan of it.

I also plan on cams and a complete fuel system, maybe even E85. Not 100% sure. I have a lot of research to do, and I won't move on the upgrades until winter. And that'll be after I move far away from Pittsburgh, so I'm not really concerned with how close the shop is to here. Sorry for the long post, just tossing a lot of thoughts out there.

I'll be at the meet this Sat. Somehow I didn't get on the "list" of attendees, although I posted my eagerness to attend

yeah, buschur is definately oriented toward street/strip which also happens to be my orientation so im somewhat biased towards his products.

im sure i dont need to tell you this dude, but do yourself a favor and READ as much as you can. everyone has an opinion, and if i based my purchases and set-up on other peoples recommendations I'd have a slow, poorly running, rolling grenade

most of my friends are subaru guys and let me first congratulate you on purchasing the easiest engine to wrench on. those EJ boxer engines are a nightmare.

See you saturday
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:08 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
So basically the Ring & Pinion got pissed off and tried to get out of the T-Case in the process of yanking the Threads right out of the Case Housing. This is with the big bolt upgrade.

Most of the internals can be re-used such as my RS front Diff , but Ring & Pinion are hurting.

Its out at Buschurs already and will be done beginning of next week .

That's why I keep my FWD around, less moving parts. Amazingly enough I've been racing since 2001 or so and have only not driven home once. That was at PRP when I lost an axle. Never grenaded a transmission yet. I've probably made hundreds of passes over the years and always made it home. That includes driving to norwalk, beaver, PRP, even maryland (didn't make passes but drove it to DC area). Adding the shep transmission made me a lot more confident that is for sure, but the origional mitsu design is still there.

Their are ways to keep the drivetrain intact in the lower gears on any torque level and any experience level. I'm sure you'll figure it out soon enough. Thanks for sharing the carnage pictures though, very cool.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm about 15 miles from kittanning and like 50 or 60 from pittsburgh if you go up 28
man I coming from up near Slippery Rock/New Castle area. Whats the big problem?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Well I suppose I may end up giving you a very biased point of view here, but here it is .

First off which kit from Buschur were you looking at. He offers 2 , One with cast manifold the other with the Tubular header design.

I would put the BR Tubular against AMS anyday of the week as far as design , durability and welds. It is a shearer header who is an artist with fab work been in the game a long time.

If your going with the 30R turbo then the HTA is a must. It is far superior to the standard Garrett GT3076R turbo.

Another thing to consider here is , Buschur's is literally 2.5 hrs away. To have one of the leading Evo builders/tuner that close is just really the shizzle. You support BR and David will support you

My opinion its a foolish one that wouldnt tap into the experience and knowledge that is Buschur Racing when it is seriously that close to us.

Thats my .02 for some reason I think I can backup my point of view , but there are always haters
Exactly. Planning on getting cams and their race IC put in end of Sept.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet