Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
somebodies in L.O.V.E
Old Sep 29, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

if you saw her you would be too
Old Sep 29, 2009, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by metalsaber
Where was she headed in my neck of the woods? Seems odd seeing an Evo in my area. Mine excluding.
I go to Slippery Rock unfortunately

& Holiday is just being kind... more like youll fall in love with my car she is gorgeous!! But thanks G for the compliments!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HerEvo8
I go to Slippery Rock unfortunately

& Holiday is just being kind... more like youll fall in love with my car she is gorgeous!! But thanks G for the compliments!
Nothing wrong with The Rock. I graduated from Grove City College. I was just shocked to see an Evo. I was going to flag you down but that would have been awkward.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by blueberryyumyum
There's a RR evo x with the SSS package and a black evo x mr that I see in greensburg all the time anyone know them?
There are a ton of Evos out our way, It seems they've become as common as the K-cars of the 80s
Old Sep 29, 2009, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

thats wierd ian, everytime i go out there. its mullet mania with the mustangs, camaros, n ****.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

someones sellin a set of brand new advan rz 18x10 +25 offset for $2200 picked up in Ohio.. God i want em lol... Wish Arbo woulda told me about his car before I bought my X and wish goforwand woulda parted out his car before he traded it in!!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:50 PM

Agreed...Mullet victories aren't even gratifying anymore

So fellas I just got the title for my evo and I will have a pretty fat OT check coming after working 100 hours last week... I need to decide what mod comes first... I am thinking cams and possibly injectors
Old Sep 30, 2009, 12:49 AM
Evolved Member

jerdeitzel, the problem with fluttering with my APS twin vent BOV was right when the turbo was at full spool in the 5-7k rpm range. The turbo hits max spool right at or after 3k and once the powerband really starts to take off you could hear some noticable noises coming from the BOV. With it being the twin vent, I could actually look in the side of the VTA vent and could see the piston inside the valve moving. Right on top of the BOV there is an adjustment screw to tighten and loosen, so we took it a couple more turns and you could obviously see the hp band getting smoother towards the top end with it being tighter. I just need to tighten it up a few more turns and I am sure I will have hit the 390 and maybe even 400 hp number. We had been beating the sh*t out of the car on the dyno for like 6 hours so the motor was piping hot (of course we let it cool down a few times in between) and with that turbine holding 28psi from 3k all the way to the 7200 mark was playing hell on that BOV, but once it is wrenched down I am sure it will be great. Heading to the dyno tomorrow, the dual tune switch didn't come in today, so it should be here tomorrow (da*n ground shipping) and hopefully all the installs of the gauge and sensors will be done in the afternoon and shell be up on the dyno early evening. My goal in the beginning was right around the 450 mark, but the modding bug has bit me bad, so I might be shopping around for a built bottom end, maybe a 2.4... who knowsss
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

If you go with the built motor, are you keeping the HTA Green or going with something else?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by buchnerj
jerdeitzel, the problem with fluttering with my APS twin vent BOV was right when the turbo was at full spool in the 5-7k rpm range. The turbo hits max spool right at or after 3k and once the powerband really starts to take off you could hear some noticable noises coming from the BOV. With it being the twin vent, I could actually look in the side of the VTA vent and could see the piston inside the valve moving. Right on top of the BOV there is an adjustment screw to tighten and loosen, so we took it a couple more turns and you could obviously see the hp band getting smoother towards the top end with it being tighter. I just need to tighten it up a few more turns and I am sure I will have hit the 390 and maybe even 400 hp number. We had been beating the sh*t out of the car on the dyno for like 6 hours so the motor was piping hot (of course we let it cool down a few times in between) and with that turbine holding 28psi from 3k all the way to the 7200 mark was playing hell on that BOV, but once it is wrenched down I am sure it will be great. Heading to the dyno tomorrow, the dual tune switch didn't come in today, so it should be here tomorrow (da*n ground shipping) and hopefully all the installs of the gauge and sensors will be done in the afternoon and shell be up on the dyno early evening. My goal in the beginning was right around the 450 mark, but the modding bug has bit me bad, so I might be shopping around for a built bottom end, maybe a 2.4... who knowsss
Yeah the bov just wasnt able to hold the pressure and was opening up causing the flutter - pretty normal. I can replicate this boost leak testing my car on the stock IX dv - it will start to chatter when i get up over 26 psi, one of these days I need to crush it a little so the spring pressure is greater.

Jer - your problem sounds normal as well, when you adjust the bov tighter to hold boost up top you sacrifice it not being able to open at low boost/load areas down low under normal driving - which causes compressor surge. At those load/rpm levels your not hurting a thing......mine does the same on the stocker unless i build more than a few psi of boost.

Man you should have waited on the switch - no longer needed.....TPS switching is coming and is much safer than using the adc input switch. I am currently one of the testers on the new tephra mods and there is a lot of cool things coming, full release is just around the corner as the testing is almost complete.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by travman
Yeah the bov just wasnt able to hold the pressure and was opening up causing the flutter - pretty normal. I can replicate this boost leak testing my car on the stock IX dv - it will start to chatter when i get up over 26 psi, one of these days I need to crush it a little so the spring pressure is greater.

Jer - your problem sounds normal as well, when you adjust the bov tighter to hold boost up top you sacrifice it not being able to open at low boost/load areas down low under normal driving - which causes compressor surge. At those load/rpm levels your not hurting a thing......mine does the same on the stocker unless i build more than a few psi of boost.

Man you should have waited on the switch - no longer needed.....TPS switching is coming and is much safer than using the adc input switch. I am currently one of the testers on the new tephra mods and there is a lot of cool things coming, full release is just around the corner as the testing is almost complete.
Thanks for the heads up trav.. I saw the release was coming and I have been getting ready for direct boost control with the 3-port and X Map sensor. Just out of curiosity did you ever figure out that starting issue you were having on the corn? Did the alt IPW adder fix that problem?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Thanks for the heads up trav.. I saw the release was coming and I have been getting ready for direct boost control with the 3-port and X Map sensor. Just out of curiosity did you ever figure out that starting issue you were having on the corn? Did the alt IPW adder fix that problem?
Starting issues I have are not related to the fuel nor injectors - still working it out......and yes you can tune most starting issues out using the ipw adder at start-up.

Yes direct boost control is money.....especially now that its gear based, its wonderful once you get past the learning curve and initial settings.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Ian speaking of 3-port.....did you see the thread on the factory 3port found that controls the EGR? one guy has used it and is controlling boost the same as the GM but its plug/play with the oem harness.

Mrfred will be bench testing the OEM 3port solenoid and if he finds its equal to the gm we will have an oem option that requires no cutting/splicing or resistors. The cost is on par with the GM if you bought a new one OR you can disable the EGR and pull it off the back of the intake manifold and use it

wish we would have known this many moons ago when I went to the GM solenoid.....but always cool to have additional options.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

metal saber, not sure yet what I would go with, heading over to JS now to hook up all the stuff needed for, and the gauge. When I see where the numbers are and what the curve looks like then ill decide on the short block or not. Just gotta run out to monroeville and get a few jugs of that good 'ol E85...

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet