Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blueberryyumyum
GOD I NEED A TUNE!! how the heck are you guys able to dish out a retune constantly. I dont might droppin $350-450 bones on a tune but to have to do it everytime u change your setup is just crazy.. I plan on doing a Full IC Piping, IC, DP, and stuff here and there thats why im tryin to hold off the tune until then but my cars been running like s**t.. Everytime i would hammer on it the car keeps choking. been granny shifting it for 2 months now =(
Nate charges you one time. You change your setup, come back and he will adjust it according to whats needed..
Old Oct 8, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Nate charges you one time. You change your setup, come back and he will adjust it according to whats needed..
When i had him tune my X, he told me that it would be around $100 for a re-tune depending on what i added. If i wanted an E85 or meth map it would be a bit more......
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

i will tune your car for free... i need the practice
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
When i had him tune my X, he told me that it would be around $100 for a re-tune depending on what i added. If i wanted an E85 or meth map it would be a bit more......
well changing in fuel and or putting it back on the dyno requires labor, not just a tune.

If you were just changing out the FMIC, injectors, or bigger turbo he is pretty fair with that. Regardless, even $100 is really fair considering most places will recharge the $499.00 for a tune, or $300.00 for a reflash.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metalsaber
Is your parts list in green whats installed on your car now? If so, why the heck were you only at 281whp?
I really can't tell you dude. It was the first pull and it was on a Mustang dyno - usually the second pull will make better numbers, but I turned down the boost. Regardless, I know I should be over 300whp. I'm sure the fact that it is running obscenely rich is not helping. Looking forward to making the power I know I should be making...i'll keep you posted.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
hey tim what did he tune your car with? Ecutek?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
I really can't tell you dude. It was the first pull and it was on a Mustang dyno - usually the second pull will make better numbers, but I turned down the boost. Regardless, I know I should be over 300whp. I'm sure the fact that it is running obscenely rich is not helping. Looking forward to making the power I know I should be making...i'll keep you posted.
Just wondering why the second pull makes more power. If nothing is changed, you then find yourself fighting a more heat soaked motor with higher AIT's..

Do you have a Green then? I know tony made 297 on that dyno. he has similar mods and a stock turbo.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Just wondering why the second pull makes more power. If nothing is changed, you then find yourself fighting a more heat soaked motor with higher AIT's..

Do you have a Green then? I know tony made 297 on that dyno. he has similar mods and a stock turbo.
I'm no expert when it comes to why cars make more power on the second pull, but if I had to guess...I'd go with magic. Thats the only thing that explains it. My car made the most power on the second of three pulls as well as pretty much every car that I saw on that particular dyno day when J and S opened. That heat soak crap is apparently just an old wive's tale.

I think you misread what was asked. He asked if all the writing in my "green" signature was what I have done to the car. Not if I had a "Green" turbo. Yes, that is my current mod list and No, I don't have an FP Green...I'd be even more depressed if I did and was making these pathetic numbers. Tell you what though, unless something better comes along, I don't see a better turbo than the FP HTA Green right now for great power and quick spool (i'm going to eventually be going for about 450whp). The Red appears to be too laggy for my taste since they went to the larger housing.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

I'm no expert when it comes to why cars make more power on the second pull, but if I had to guess...I'd go with magic. Thats the only thing that explains it. My car made the most power on the second of three pulls as well as pretty much every car that I saw on that particular dyno day when J and S opened. That heat soak crap is apparently just an old wive's tale.

I think you misread what was asked. He asked if all the writing in my "green" signature was what I have done to the car. Not if I had a "Green" turbo. Yes, that is my current mod list and No, I don't have an FP Green...I'd be even more depressed if I did and was making these pathetic numbers. Tell you what though, unless something better comes along, I don't see a better turbo than the FP HTA Green right now for great power and quick spool (i'm going to eventually be going for about 450whp). The Red appears to be too laggy for my taste since they went to the larger housing.
the larger housing according to robert when i talked to him a few days ago is nothing more than an anti surge compressor cover. The 80mm cover helps the turbo use less energy to create the same amount of power.

the 64mm cover creates a vacuum around the inlet of about 6psi, so easy speaking in order to make 30 psi on the 64mm it is actually pushing the turbo to 36 psi. where as the 80mm cover is just a little bit more "efficient" so to speak...

The green is a nice turbo, but I still feel like for the money the few extra ponies you are searching for a $1700 turbo could be brought to within a reasonable distance of the stocker. The red is the same size in general, just a smaller compressor wheel.

Cant go wrong with either turbo though, FP is the **** no matter what what you look at it!!!

hopefully you get everything squared away, would be interesting to see what you make on E85
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

uh oh, im getting old... Anyone wanna go to the titty bar with me?
25 and climbing as of today
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blueberryyumyum
hey tim what did he tune your car with? Ecutek?
No he used ECUFlash to tune and of course Evoscan for logging.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Definitely over 300. Just to give you an idea, with a Cone Filter, 3" Turboback Exhaust (with cat), Walbro fuel pump, smaller battery and tune, I was at 307whp at Buschurs. Thats the reason I ask. While all cars/turbos are not created equal, a 50whp difference is a bit much.

Let us know what happens.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Dave, the tq numbers look good! I've seen numbers of 350-380 whp only have that much tq. Look at rally cars. They don't have huge hp numbers but huge tq numbers and they are some of the quickest cars out there. .

Welcome to the dyno game!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

little bit of time left on this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

its normally like a grand..
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Tittttyyyyy barrr!!! Make it raiiiin!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet