Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodrivesme
Tittttyyyyy barrr!!! Make it raiiiin!
I cannot make it rain. But.... I can watch you make it rain??!! lets do it

oh and you dont have to thank me in your sig..
Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Dave, the tq numbers look good! I've seen numbers of 350-380 whp only have that much tq. Look at rally cars. They don't have huge hp numbers but huge tq numbers and they are some of the quickest cars out there. .

Welcome to the dyno game!
Thanks Jeremy for trying to ease my dismay. If my car was intended solely for rallying and had some type of restrictor plate to limit hp numbers, I'd probably be alright with current figures...alas, this isnt the case. Hp should be higher and it will be very soon - I wouldn't care if it still made 315 or so torque (that number never bugged me). Made the decision when I woke up today as I was dreaming of big dyno numbers and low ET's last night.

Wasn't planning on playing the dyno game, but apparently my car had different plans .
Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in for the titty bar fella's !

I love bitty's dancing naked for a dollar !!!

Last edited by steelcityevo8; Oct 9, 2009 at 04:32 PM. Reason: IPhone typo !
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

I'm down which titty bar? Filly coral? btw saw a blue evo9 at the bar last night in Latrobe by walmart
Old Oct 9, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

I'd say any titty bar is good outside of the highway playground hahahaha
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
Im in the same boat as you... I have been running around low boost for a while... Finally turned it up a bit the other day and now Im peaking close to 100% IDC... wonderful. Although Im still pretty rich up top... Like high 10s so Im not running out just yet. Looks like my injectors will be needed sooner than I thought
Ian dont get wrapped up in those IDC numbers vs. seeing if the car is going lean.....in my experience its not totally accurate - I ran my stock injectors up to 112% IDC and my car still was holding a steady high 11 AFR.

Is it smart to push stock injectors for a long period of time? no but I think 110% is closer to 100% than the actual 100% is in evoscan. Also get your AFR at a minimum of 11.5 - no need to run that rich up top, leaner is meaner my friend

Dont forget its getting colder.....that alone will raise IDC at the same boost levels.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blueberryyumyum
GOD I NEED A TUNE!! how the heck are you guys able to dish out a retune constantly. I dont might droppin $350-450 bones on a tune but to have to do it everytime u change your setup is just crazy.. I plan on doing a Full IC Piping, IC, DP, and stuff here and there thats why im tryin to hold off the tune until then but my cars been running like s**t.. Everytime i would hammer on it the car keeps choking. been granny shifting it for 2 months now =(
I do it myself....saves me a ton of money - plus you get to learn a thing or two.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Tell you what though, unless something better comes along, I don't see a better turbo than the FP HTA Green right now for great power and quick spool (i'm going to eventually be going for about 450whp). The Red appears to be too laggy for my taste since they went to the larger housing.
Yes, the larger housing is for the surge protection only, it doesn't help in increased airflow per say, as much as having a higher diameter tube for the 64mm turbine to suck air in. If you take the turbo off the fans only take up the normal 64mm.

450 will come soon enough, with my basic bolt ons before the turbo cam and clutch swap i was making low 300s, after the swap i was making 385/350 on 93 which wasn't too bad, but I was really running out of injector. I had bought a set of 680ccs online just so I could tune it with the stock turbo and be alright, but after the swap I needed something bigger, that if I wanted down the road could support E85, I chose the 1200cc precisions. After the E85 conversion the best pull we had was around 450/390, but I still have to get them to tweak the MIVEC map so I should be around ~460/410.

I have been shopping around for a built 2.0 or 2.2 so we can really see what the turbo can put out, but for now I am happy with these numbers. I just really want to get an upgraded shortblock so I won't have to deal with a mess when something goes...
Old Oct 10, 2009, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Canexican, when are you going down to get the retune? Let me know and ill stop down.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

jim, what numbers are you seeing on your e85 sensor from sheetz (verasun) e85? just curious because my afr's are running ridiculously lean all of the sudden but i would expect the winter/fall blend to be the opposite.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

so its the weekend again and im thinking about how i wanna get a new clutch back in the evo

ive thought about this... exedy twin is out, even if i could get a good buy its just "overkill" in my eyes

so my options have been more along these lines:

ACT HD 6-puck- ive driving an evo with this a few times and i liked the feel of it. the pedal feel and the engagement which its a bit rougher but i like that. stock has gotten a bit to girly and i dont really want that

ACT HDSS- i see this one as a little more stockish but able to handle more abuse obv. seems like a lot of people have this

Exedy Single plate organic- prob the closest to a stock clutch out of these ones. i just feel this would be a safe bet since its exedy and its seem you get more of what you would expect out of them

Exedy Stage 1- just one step up from the single plate above. same things, exedy seems to have better rep than ACT...

for a while i was thinking, oh yeah, why not get the 6-puck since i somewhat liked it and i dont really hear too much about the high rpm lockout like you do with the HDSS. but i asked the guy and he said he does have the lockout with his 6-puck like alot of ppl seem to have. As for the exedy clutches, they are slightly cheaper and i think they would be more of a "smart" decision since they dont seem to have any notorious problems.

since i have broken it down to these guys here, anyone have some advice to throw my way. I read a bit about all of them, but i honestly cant spend countless hours weighing all the pros and cons of each of these. I dont have that kind of time. Plus im kinda bad at weeding through the exaggerated biased B.S. and the true stories. i know someone in here has one of these... i would hope
Old Oct 10, 2009, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Went to the Beaver Run Oktoberfest. Did the Course Control Flat Out session. It was a blast. First time getting the car out into a real event. There was a bit of moisture on the track in the morning. I was pretty worried about how the car would handle. After the first turn, I was like holy sh*t this thing really does handle that good.

I was out in a group with an Z06, older Mustang 5.0, STi, WRX, Speed3, and GTI. Lapped the Speed 3 twice in one session. Passed a bunch of the other cars mentioned. The only car I had trouble was the GTI. In terms of pure power, my Evo was hands down better. However, that GTI really handles the turns. That and I have the cheapest all season radials on my car (from previous owner). I bet if I had track tires, i wouldn't have had any trouble with him.

If you guys haven't done anything like that, I highly suggest you do. Ours was a abbreviated 2 - 20 min sessions. I guess their regular flat out days are 4 - 20 min sessions. I think I'm hooked. I think this determined the direction my car will go.

As a side note, I was a little disappointed with the gearing of the 6 speed. I found myself using 3rd and 4th constantly. I just never seemed to have a good opportunity to get it into 5th gear. I was talking with the STi guy and he said he was running in 6th gear quite a bit. Seems odd. I'm not sure how the gearing differs between the two.

Last edited by metalsaber; Oct 10, 2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

^^ MOTHER-****ER i cant believe i missing this ****!!!
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

^^

They have a Flat Out day scheduled for the 24th of October (might be the last one this year). Get your car ready!!!! I'm definitely going to do it again. It would be fun having a couple Evos running in the mix especially since the Subie guys represented.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Also, make sure your brake pads and tires are in tip top condition. They get quite a work out.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet