Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So thats one vote for the AMS any other takers?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you get what you pay for period.. if you cant afford to maintain it dont buy it. Evo's are known to break especially ones that have gone through several owners. Its kinda like buying a lambo and worrying about the cost of tires, oil change, insurance, repairs, etc.... Before i bought my X i was stuck on either 03+ E46 M3 or a evo9 MR(voided warranty) could i afford to service them NO..

If you can come up with another 3-5K you can get a evo9 GSR with significantly lower miles.. I personally think its a better trade off instead another 3K into it if something major was wrong with it
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

I know Dan Buschur had that BBY Evo8 he was trying to sell. I'm not sure how much he was asking. It was a little rough on the outside, but might be a good deal.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by blueberryyumyum
how loud is it cruising at 80mph?
it would be the same as a regular down pipe, you cant really tell a difference in sound until your at least 10psi into boost maybe a little more.. the more your on the throttle the louder it gets if your cruising at 80 and barly on the throttle its not going to be loud. i can take you for a ride next meet or when ever if you want.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
I know Dan Buschur had that BBY Evo8 he was trying to sell. I'm not sure how much he was asking. It was a little rough on the outside, but might be a good deal.

sabe, it didnt have an engine in it, i was up there when he first got that car in.... said he'd never seen a more beat up engine in his life (which says a lot), so i think the owner scrapped it or sold it to dan and now they are trying to get rid of it

buuuut, im sure you could get a good deal on a build if you bought the shell
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gt420hp
yes, I agree, the miles are high for any car that was an 03. Thats the part I am not sure about how well the engine would hold up with those miles. The most miles I have seen on an EVO was 68,000.
hey jim, what about this?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

on the surface it looks pretty clean. it's got a decent list of mods, but it's a private seller. if it runs strong you might be able to bargain him down a bit?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=holiday63;7630008]sabe, it didnt have an engine in it, i was up there when he first got that car in.... said he'd never seen a more beat up engine in his life (which says a lot), so i think the owner scrapped it or sold it to dan and now they are trying to get rid of it

buuuut, im sure you could get a good deal on a build if you bought the shell[/quote]

I would certainly hope so. haha. If I had won the lottery, that's where I'd start for a track car. Considering the condition mine's in, I'm hesitant to race it too much.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey jim, what about this?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

on the surface it looks pretty clean. it's got a decent list of mods, but it's a private seller. if it runs strong you might be able to bargain him down a bit?

im not really up to date with used evo prices, as i havent been in the market for another car in a while. However, if that seller is legit id jump all over purchasing that
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:04 AM

Thanks...yeah, I heard Mike is the best.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by holiday63
im not really up to date with used evo prices, as i havent been in the market for another car in a while. However, if that seller is legit id jump all over purchasing that
it seems a bit high, but if the condition is as it appears i don't think it is off by much.

last christmas i went to baierl to see about trading in my IX on an X, they offered me just shy of $20,000 for it with about 30k on the odo.

if this car is as pristine as it looks, and with low miles, i wouldn't be too upset about 16,500 = 17,000 for it.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Used VIII's and used IX's are totally different markets. VIII's are trading at low prices. Low teens. Much to the chagrin of their owners. IX's seem to at least be staying around 20.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Fwiw, just to clear up rumors and hersay about 03's from the EVO guru's out there. I did some math.

In the last 3 years I have launched the car off the 6000 rpm two step, right around 400 times. All in compitition situations. About 50 of those were on a stock clutch and the rest on an excedy twin. Needless to say she is still going strong. Now I did install a front LSD ( which you really need) but other then that bone stock. Then factor in all the high rpm downshift and the countless hours beating the **** out of the car on track. Now I don't believe I have a super car and I'm sure that some EVO's have had problems. But, to think that the 03's are somehow not ad strong is rediculous.

Now that I just cursed myself talking about it I'm sure I'm doomed. I've been waiting.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
Not sure I would agree - I have an 06 and I have 63k miles on mine.....just turned 3 years old in August. So if mine were an 03 I would have anywhere from 115k to 130k I'd imagine? I do a lot of traveling and driving to and from my hometown, job sites, vacation etc.

Also prior to my 06 I had an 04 for not even a year and put 20k miles on it....when I bought it it had 8.5k when I traded it in I was at 28.5k - this car was purchased in Oct. 05 and traded Aug of 06.

So projecting if I still had that car I would be at about 100k miles with a year newer than 2003 so tack on another 20-23k miles. So I would say that car is on par with someone who travels a lot - if one thing I know its how to put miles on a car

lol i feel you trav on knowing how to put miles on a car. I have an '06 and have more miles than you and the previous 68k mentioned.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Any attempt at another meet up before the weather turns south?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would be down for another meet before it gets nasty out....

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet