Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ughh... ****ed up yesterday... got ticket for going threw stop sign.... was late to pick my gf up for movies so i just said **** it there cant be a cop around and just blew threw it..... Just my luck i see flashing lights behind me.... so i got $109 ticket and 4 points on license.... parents where gonna sell the car but they said we would lose to much money on it.. so i just have a pissed off dad to some how make happy... dont know what to do...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, 4 points is a lot. I mean, blowing through a stop sign is a pretty bad offense, but dont you lose your license at like 6 or 7? Just hope you don't speed for a year or so...
Old Dec 4, 2009, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by joshevo22
ughh... ****ed up yesterday... got ticket for going threw stop sign.... was late to pick my gf up for movies so i just said **** it there cant be a cop around and just blew threw it..... Just my luck i see flashing lights behind me.... so i got $109 ticket and 4 points on license.... parents where gonna sell the car but they said we would lose to much money on it.. so i just have a pissed off dad to some how make happy... dont know what to do...
Are you going to fight it? I would definitely give it a shot Just tell them you messed up and ask for leniency and the worst thing they could do is say no. I got nailed on my streetbike for doing 29 over which should have been 5 points... The cop and judge were cool and they let me off with 5mph over and 0 points, but it was my first recorded offense. Oh and by the way I was sweating bullets because there was other stuff they could have nailed me with 1) It was in a safety corridor 2) My rider permit had expired 3) I was riding at night. So IMO you really have nothing to lose by fighting it and yeah I got lucky

Good luck brother

Anything over 6 points is a suspended license, but you can take a driver test to cut 2 points off.

Last edited by EvoIan; Dec 4, 2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Just got to be a little more careful. Though I'd be curious if you got 4 points because of your age and the car? Had you been a little order and in a Prius, I wonder if you would have gotten a lot less grief.

Well it's a tough lesson, but hopefully you learn from it and be a little safer. Definitely agree on getting a lawyer and going to court. They normally drop something unless you get a hardass judge.

On a better note, started the Evo up this morning figuring that it would be last of the nice days. I see a Service Engine Soon light on. I was worried since I had just done the 30k service. Turned out to be a Speed Sensor warning. Funny Mike asked me what I was doing and I said, "I was sitting in my garage." haha. Maybe I was going to fast in my garage.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by metalsaber

Well it's a tough lesson, but hopefully you learn from it and be a little safer. Definitely agree on getting a lawyer and going to court. They normally drop something unless you get a hardass judge.

On a better note, started the Evo up this morning figuring that it would be last of the nice days.
+1 I hope you learn from your mistake and be more careful, I know I did!

Wait its nice up there? SOB its snowing here in Houston... I guess I brought the cold weather with me
Old Dec 4, 2009, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the info guys, Im deff going to fight it.. cant hurt anything like you said ian theres a whole other story with what they could of nailed me with to, but they cant prove any of it and it was from another cop who "just head noise" so.... long story... D: but i lose my license any way if i get 3 points or above.... My parents are paying for my insurance and they cant afford 3 points or higher so..
id have to convince the judge to hopefully lower the points to 2 at least and ill do w.e community service.... I cant believe how stupid i am.... and today just got worse cause 1 of my friends made my gf try chew and i just put a whole threw my wall i was soo pissed about that.... ughh what a day.. sorry for my venting :/
Old Dec 4, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoIan
+1 I hope you learn from your mistake and be more careful, I know I did!

Wait its nice up there? SOB its snowing here in Houston... I guess I brought the cold weather with me
Thats too good. It was about 37 and sunny today. However I have to go out to Colorado and will be there from next Monday to the following Sunday.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

i did some stupid s*** when i was 16-18 lol.. im 20 now and it might not seem a lot but ive grew up more than i could ever imagine after 2 years.. hope everything works out for the best josh..
Old Dec 5, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Say you're sorry ask for a reduction to 31-11. Disobeying a traffic control device. They keep the fine. You get no points.
Stop sign is 3 points? How did you get a ticket for 4?

Generally if you don't make any material changes to your insurance policy your carrier will often not look and therfore not notice your ticket.

When you go over six points. That's when the SHTF. You lose your license and your carrier will likely drop you.

Then you go into the assigned risk pool with the drunks and degenerates.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Dec 5, 2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:07 AM

idk, there was 2 cops with me a older 1 and younger 1... the younger 1 pulled me over and older 1 came later... The younger one was a dick and said like three words and at the end i tried to shake his hand but he just walked away... but i aksed the older how much is it, and he said its $109 and 4 points... and we are in the middle of switching insurance companies.... so im not sure on uf they will notice...
Old Dec 5, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

^^

Well the new carrier will ask about any violations. Plus they will do a look up. However if they did that prior to this violation, you maybe in good shape.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

This citation won't be on your license until it's settled by the judge if u decide to plead not guilty. Your court date prob won't be til 3 months from now neways
Old Dec 5, 2009, 01:07 PM

i think they said some time in january
Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Josh,

Justbuy this car as a DD.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...496885696.html

Have fun pulling over your friends instead.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Josh,

Justbuy this car as a DD.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...496885696.html

Have fun pulling over your friends instead.
Love the following:
D) You should buy an American car instead of a Japanese car because we are in a recession, and the Japanese get enough of our money from all electronics we buy and the sushi we eat.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet