Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
its the cable, the "R" doesn't work with ecuflash.....
Am I able to pull the ROM from another problem or do I just need to get the "U"?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by metalsaber
Am I able to pull the ROM from another problem or do I just need to get the "U"?
another problem? - not sure im picking up what your putting down here?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
another problem? - not sure im picking up what your putting down here?

doh. Should be program.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metalsaber
doh. Should be program.
Just get the U cable and use ecuflash - its insanely supported and works flawlessly.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds good.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

I just got a 2.0 with all the adapters so I can start playing with the tune. Wideband gets delivered today.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by buchnerj
I just got a 2.0 with all the adapters so I can start playing with the tune. Wideband gets delivered today.
Yea i want to get a 2.0 cable...the mini sd logging feature would be awesome, i know its still in beta but seems to be working. Just plug the sd card in and drive the car and it will log the preset data items until u pull the card - great for daily logs and not needing laptop daily.

btw - I still need to meet up with you to get those parts......
Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, you do. Anytime you would like to meet up let me know. Also, anyone who wants to borrow the cable and try it out when I get it in (tomorrow) let me know.

I am excited to see if the sd card feature works out. I have been doing a lot of reading in the ECUflash threads so I hope I don't mess things up too bad...
Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by buchnerj
Yes, you do. Anytime you would like to meet up let me know. Also, anyone who wants to borrow the cable and try it out when I get it in (tomorrow) let me know.

I am excited to see if the sd card feature works out. I have been doing a lot of reading in the ECUflash threads so I hope I don't mess things up too bad...
Good rule of thumb.....if you don't understand how/why your making changes to certain tables or understand what they do - don't change them and you will be fine

Here is the info on the sd card logging - seems fairly simple to do, just dont have a 2.0 cable to try it

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=4319
Old Feb 2, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Quick clutch question for those of you with the ACT or in the know: What is the difference between the 6 puck race sprung disc and the 6 puck race solid disc?
springs and no springs. so there is going to be some give on engagement (similar to slipabilty lol) built into the disk with the springs... the one i went with. i believe the guy above has the solid disk.

also, i dont really know too much about what clutch will last longer and stuff but these disk are cheap. like $150, when its 400 to rebuild the exedy. and yeah of course i know your getting something completely different from the twin,,, but for me (always on a tight budget) i thought this would work out
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
springs and no springs. so there is going to be some give on engagement (similar to slipabilty lol) built into the disk with the springs... the one i went with. i believe the guy above has the solid disk.

also, i dont really know too much about what clutch will last longer and stuff but these disk are cheap. like $150, when its 400 to rebuild the exedy. and yeah of course i know your getting something completely different from the twin,,, but for me (always on a tight budget) i thought this would work out

Thanks for the explanation. I will probably end up going that route...I've never had any lockout with my ACT.

UPDATE on my NIGHTMARE: So, my car has now been at Baierl for a full two days and they have basically refused to even go near it without Mike being there. It is really starting to **** me off. I've talked to the same service guy three times now explaining what I would like him to do for me and he acts like I'm asking him to walk on water. All I want them to do is drain the fluid from the transmission and drain the fluid from the transfer case. Take a look at the respective oils and tell me if and where they see metal shavings and or significant oil discoloration.

Apparently, the reasoning behind why it is so difficult to look at is because they are not certified Evo technicians. So, I keep calling and Robert (the service guy I have to deal with) seems to agree with me that this probably isn't a difficult concept regardless of the platform, yet it doesn't get done. Twice I have been told "it is too complicated" and then followed by, "well, yeah, I guess that makes sense. We should probably just drain the fluid and see what we see." So far, I've been told twice that it would be done by 5:00 and then I don't get a phone call back. Its like every freakin' person at that dealership is completely incompetent and Robert seems to have amnesia. If Mike wasn't there, the majority of the Evo's in this community would be screwed.

So, I still don't have any official determination on what exactly I should replace. I'm still going with transmission over transfer-case due to how the shift knob would move back and forth under any throttle application. Its just that the whining from the transmission is apparently not commonly associated with a failing transmission, but it is with a transfer case.

I'm about ready to go down there, jack up the car, and drain the fluids myself.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

every time someone fiddles with an evo who isn't authorized to, god kills a kitten.

he's just saving the kittens man.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 09:27 AM

Hey Canexican, here is something I just saw. Could you just swap in a 5speed? I don't think it mentions if its a 5 speed or 6 speed though?

Evo IX Part out
Old Feb 3, 2010, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

link didn't work. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-you-need.html
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Canexican, I would go down there and ask if you can at least show them what you want done. I can go down and help too if you need, I also have jugs of the stock fluids so you can compare. It should be pretty obvious once you open them both up, one is going to look awful if you've actually had a serious failure, shavings, chunks, etc.

I agree though, Mike is the only reason why I still deal with Baierl. Ever since I got the car in '06 I have only ever had him do the major engine work, and the guys at JS do the tuning. I check things myself when I do usual maintenance, but without Mike we would all be up **** creek. He is out of town until Monday I believe, I made an appt for wed for a key to get cut for it, and also a few tests just to see how the block is holding up under my stress.

Again, if you need any help or want to go down and show them whats up, let me know, ill stop down.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet