Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just curious, but where are all you guys? I mean, granted there are more than 50 vehicles in Pittsburgh, but I don't see anyone on the road and in a given week I cover North, West, and South Pittsburgh and I've only seen 1 Black Evo about 3 weeks ago.
Old May 24, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tom Selleck
I'm just curious, but where are all you guys? I mean, granted there are more than 50 vehicles in Pittsburgh, but I don't see anyone on the road and in a given week I cover North, West, and South Pittsburgh and I've only seen 1 Black Evo about 3 weeks ago.
Were out there, somewhere? .....I drive all the time as well and never run into fellow evo drivers....Well I did run into an evo owner in Bellevue one night, he was in an eclispe and scared the crap outta me...haha, but thats another story (btw Mike we still have to meet up sometime, but please no sneak attacks )

I think maybe your mustache intimidates us!!
Old May 24, 2006, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Im from the north hills there Tom! I've got a black evo and seem to be always out driviing so that might have been me you saw. Yea i wish i could make the test and tune, but way to busy today. So is anyone going to road race this season or are we just drag racing our cars? Hopefully we can get a group together for a flat out day at beaver run. I do like to drag, but our cars are so dam good in the twisty's. Oh well just giving you guys ****! mostly because i can't make it tonight.
Old May 24, 2006, 02:02 PM

I'm just curious, but what is the Test & Tune? Is it just a line'm up and race 1/4 mile with a pit for you to work on your car, or....?
Old May 24, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

yes its at pittsburgh raceway park. Its a real 1/4 mile track. you just go and pay $20 and you get to run as many times as you can in the alotted time. usually i'd say about 5 times. As for pits. you really just park in a open lot. Its alot of fun if you've never done this before. but beware of our dreaded clutches. Alltho steelcity seems to have some sorta invincible stock one. . funny tho because I've actually launched my car more auto-x the past month then ever at the strip. lol.

Last edited by jerdeitzel; May 24, 2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old May 24, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

$hit i got no time to put on the 17's for racin tonight , this will be my first time racing with 18's at the track
Old May 24, 2006, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

i live in baldwin , steelcity u wanna meet up out monrovill fri i talked to frank wit the cobalt and he said there should be a godo group there fri night, i kno yins are sick of my turbo **** but i finally got it mounted right and the damn intercooelr acually bolted right up im goin to finish it up hopefully this weekend and boostin on monday oo on another note i got my 2600 lb clutch install and damn i can chirp 3rd lol
Old May 24, 2006, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

ah, now she looks right. good $hit glenn.
Old May 24, 2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by travman
Were out there, somewhere? .....I drive all the time as well and never run into fellow evo drivers....Well I did run into an evo owner in Bellevue one night, he was in an eclispe and scared the crap outta me...haha, but thats another story (btw Mike we still have to meet up sometime, but please no sneak attacks )

I think maybe your mustache intimidates us!!
hehehe! I like sneak attacks! We could hook up one evening next week! I'll PM you my numbers!
Old May 24, 2006, 08:10 PM

whats up guys, i get my new evo tomorrow so im down for whatever....if you guys are goin out to Monroeville friday im def down no prob!! and maybe i can bring some of my friends but there lame and never wanna chill...one with a srt4 and wrx...and i could try to get ahold of anthony with the Black mean *** cobra out again...
Old May 25, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

So how did everyone do at the track? And oz, car looks good! the intercooler makes it look alot better. and the turbo will make it better
Old May 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
So how did everyone do at the track? And oz, car looks good! the intercooler makes it look alot better. and the turbo will make it better
not bad but not better, i only got 1 run in all night long those pieces of $hit v-8 slick cars kept breaking and fockin up the track so i couldnt even dial in more boost or anything plus i raced on the 18's little more weight plus rolling diameter. but all and all 12.30@112.88mph with the clutch stinkin it up only a 1.80 60ft thats a full 1/10th off of the norm
Old May 25, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
not bad but not better, i only got 1 run in all night long those pieces of $hit v-8 slick cars kept breaking and fockin up the track so i couldnt even dial in more boost or anything plus i raced on the 18's little more weight plus rolling diameter. but all and all 12.30@112.88mph with the clutch stinkin it up only a 1.80 60ft thats a full 1/10th off of the norm
Hey nothing wrong with 8cy, those things were made to drag race!

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old May 25, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

i dont have a problem with bigblocks and all but these guys i am not joking when i say that about 40% of them broke on the track and killing everyones track time. thats why those cars in particular are pieces of $hit. not a single failure on the street class
Old May 25, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

quality american engineering at work.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet