Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, had a nice time today. It was nice meeting some new faces. I would recomend gnv for any parts you guys need. And really we should all try to support a local shop even with having to pay sales tax. Im up for a another meet soon myself, especially after monday . Im going to have some new bling for the ride. "is that term still hip" or is it "ice" now
Old Jun 24, 2006, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

yeah jer. thanks. i'd def like to get more locals. and maybe we all can educate ourselves more by doing group installs... kinda like an install day where we just install and do this and that and all learn put all of these great minds together and form a SUPER MEGA MIND!!!.

Jer i think it would be Bline BLOW now. www.dictionary.com it haha.

Yeah jer after monday will be awesome ... we need to meet up soon and do this often keep the local evos alive!

Steve
Old Jun 24, 2006, 06:37 PM

Thank you to everyone for coming out today. It was nice to meet everyone and get your feedback. I am working on my presentation tonight and tomorrow if anyone wants to send me a pic and profile. I need more information on the clear tail lamp request for the report. If anyone has anything else they forgot to ask etc. my personal e-mail I can access this weekend is jeffcermak@hotmail.com. I hope everyone got at least some of their questions answered. I will e-mail my report to steve to post within the next day or so. Thank you again, and feel free to keep in touch as will I with any updates I can give.
Jeff
Old Jun 25, 2006, 01:22 PM

Sorry I had to bail early yesterday, I'm headin to Cali in a week and I have a ton of stuff to do. It was cool meeting all of you and now you all know my secret........ I'm not really THE Tom Selleck, but we can all agree that he is pretty awesome.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

you're not the real tom selleck, i'm not asian. we're busting rumors left and right here on evoM.
Old Jun 25, 2006, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah god you know what? its like my world has been turned upside down on me... Thanks a lot guys idk how i will function this week!

Last edited by GNV Motorsports; Jun 25, 2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

for those who were curious about my times at prp the other night.

in order

14.49 @ 97.71 - 2.344 60'
13.924 @ 100.08 - 2.235 60'
14.145 @ 98.16 - 2.130 60'
14.057 @ 99.5 - 2.183 60'

nothing spectacular, but i was happy that i was running fairly consistantly. my first run was garbage because i had just driven in and only had about 10 minutes to let my car sit, and also i started slowing down when i hit the sign instead of when i saw the lights flash. hehe.

now i just gotta work on that launch.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

I wish I could have made it I was in MD all weekend....Got back lastnight, I did call out to the mitsu R&D on friday and confirmed he worked there...Had a hard time understanding the receptionist because of a lousy cell connection but I believe she said he was the senior director of mitsu r&d which i was like great just wanted to confirm if he was real....she got a chuckle out of that and said yes he is real

Sorry I just dont trust people on the internet when they claim to be someone important, hope all understand.....to bad I couldnt have been there , would have been fun talking to someone from mitsu. usa....

I cant believe tom selleck isnt the real tom selleck...and mondo is not asian, talk about disapointment

Hopefully a meet will be on a time where I will actually be around, every one since I moved here and got my evo has been on dates / times I couldnt make it..... How about a 1-2hr weeknight meet after 6pm? Im always around then
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:08 AM

hey whats up guys....i thought id just ask some of you about a O2 housing because im looking to replace my stock one...

anyone have any suggestions on which ones to get and not...(Im looking for something that fits perfect)

THX
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

So anyone down for a local GB? If so i would love to hear some ideas on what you all would like for the GB.

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

I would just port the stock o2 housing myself! hmm group buy, "what do i need?". How about fmic? or apr front splitter.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Jer be a little more specific on the FMIC... i can probably get us an unreal deal on TXS fmic, and peter from APR will def hook the locals up.

ANyone else got ideas?

Steve

Last edited by GNV Motorsports; Jun 26, 2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

I would be down, but my bank account told me no.....insufficent funds it said, whatever that means?
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo22Lancer
hey whats up guys....i thought id just ask some of you about a O2 housing because im looking to replace my stock one...

anyone have any suggestions on which ones to get and not...(Im looking for something that fits perfect)

THX
A lot of people are running the ebay ss one with good success, I havent read any issues of cracking? and buschur found the ebay 02 made more power than his ported stocker....but I prefer cast parts since they tend to be more durable against cracking.....Invidia and works both have a cast 02 housing, with invida being a lot cheaper. So there are options, I would research some and see what the best option is for you

I myself would probably just get a stock 02 ported, durable, less hassle and you can find an extra one pretty cheap to send away so you dont have any downtime....
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Im thinking the Ams one Steve! The one that fits without much cutting also . Here is a question to ponder. I just recieved my camber plates. Now should i adjust the stock ecentric bolt to full camber and then use the plates to add positive camber to bring it back to stock settings. or should i just let the 0 on the camber plates be stock setting? I would be able to get more camber out of the plates if i do the first one. Can't really say i've ever really used camber plates before so this is all new to me.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet